**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

At 21 minute mark: Lowe discusses Lakers recent losing record. Questions the lineup/rotations, suggest AR should start…

Also Conley should’ve been a Laker instead of DLo… LA would not be a .500 team with him at point.

Conley would’ve been so much better for us.
Would’ve been feeding Ad so many good looks :smh:
I understand taking the risk with Dlo but yeah would love to have that back

They would miss the playoffs with Conley last year. Or at best, get bounced in round 1.

Also, yes they would be. The problem is far bigger than DLo
This was a point being driven home in the Lowe Post video, not one that I’m trying to make.

They did pose the question basically which team would say no for a hypothetical straight up DLo for Conley trade… I think we all know the answer to that one.

Anywho just comparing the 7 Lakers who played 500 versus the 8 of the Nuggets of the LEBRON stats for BBall Index

Overall:
Jokic - 292
LeBron - 208
AD - 207

Murray - 158
MPJ - 143
Gordon- 134
DLo - 115
KCP - 98
AR - 98
Cam - 83
Rui - 75

TP - 75
Braun - 71
RJax - 65
Watson - 57

Offense:
Jokic - 290
LeBron - 208
Murray - 183
AD - 166
MPJ - 147
DLo - 129
AR - 125

Gordon - 124
RJax - 99
Rui - 84
KCP - 76
Braun - 76
TP - 70
Cam - 47
Watson - 28

Defense:
AD - 176
Jokic - 146
Cam - 142
KCP - 128
Watson - 127
LeBron - 123
Gordon - 120
MPJ - 104
TP - 101
Braun - 88
DLo - 85
Rui - 84

Murray - 81
AR - 66
RJax - 49

Just from a brief look.
-TP probably would benefit more than anybody DLo, AR, anybody by playing more against second unit guys. Would assume the Offense & Defense would both increase.
-Cam for whatever defense he gives is less than half as good as the average offensive player. That can't be a huge role on the team, especially for the role he ends up playing on offense, corner shooter. And between him and Vando, one guy has to go. Can't be going 50-60 minutes between the two of them.
-DLo needs to be engaged on team defense. Just engaged. Rather than take the communicator role, just find your guy and stay within the scheme. There's physical limitations, but a decent percentage of his issues is just falling asleep in scheme and losing his guy on rebounds by watching everything else.
-Rui needs to be better on both ends.
-AR needs to be significantly better on defense.

(Likely would benefit from swapping Rui with somebody who is above average on both ends. Gordon is 124/120 within +/- 10 on both sides, something along those lines in one of the forward spots)

This was a point being driven home in the Lowe Post video, not one that I’m trying to make.

They did pose the question basically which team would say no for a hypothetical straight up DLo for Conley trade… I think we all know the answer to that one.
Minny would say no. They were struggling until that trade and are one of the best teams in the league running Conley at point nowadays

The Ringer hates DLo. Like with a passion.

It's also a weird hypothetical. Conley on the Lakers would require a lot more contributions from everyone else offensively. Not much meat on the bone from the current roster as is.
The Wolves success has more to do with the ability of Gobert / KAT / Naz being able to play together after a full year to figure it out, and little to do with their PG. For example, if it were Conley, the Wolves would have looked better immediately after the trade last year.

If DLo was averaging what Mike Conley was for the season, Lakers fans would burn down his house. Why? DLo went 10.2/5.4 in December, and I wouldn't be surprised if DLo's DMs aren't filled with death threats.

DLo is better in a vacuum than Conley.

For Lakers who just want someone to defend, not turn the ball over, make defensive rotations, and stand there waiting to take an open 3, Conley is a better fit.

Lakers offense is basically Bron/AD 2 man game with everyone else just needing to defend/hit open 3s. Problem is hitting open 3s for some and defending for others

Conley would’ve been so much better for us.
Would’ve been feeding Ad so many good looks :smh:
I understand taking the risk with Dlo but yeah would love to have that back

That already happens.

Conley to KAT is 7th in the league (40% of the shots are from 3)
DLo to AD is 18th in the league.
DLo to Bron is 38th in the league
Conley to Ant is 58th in the league
Conley to Gobert is 104th in the league.
DLo to Prince is 120th in the league

(LeBron to AD is 5th)
(AR to AD is Tied for 153rd in 100 less minutes with AD vs. DLo, which would amount to 5 games to get 29 assists to AD)

DLo to AD at the Rim is 13th.
Conley to Gobert at the Rim is 16th

Last edited:
Anyway.

-DLo and AR’s defense would improve with a better POA at the 3.(Doesn’t mean either doesn’t have to make individual adjustments either).
The person they trade for needs to be able to hit 3s. Corner ones specifically.
-TP would do better on both sides of the ball still mixed in with starters throughout the game, but with lesser talent opposite of him. I think he has tremendous value, just not in the role Ham has him in.
-A backup Center, which would also improve collective defense and rebounding. If they can spare trading Wood in either deal, even better.

If Bron is going to run the point, it can’t be in this current lineup.
Ham refusal to play last year’s lineup to show it doesn’t work is concerning.

Guards: DLo, AR, Max
Forwards: Bron, TP, Vando, ???
Center: AD, ???, Wood

That’s a rotation of 10. Everybody gets placed in more suitable roles.

And you can wait for buyouts for a Break Glass - in case of Emergency players.

Only reason I didn't want Conley was because he was old and small. If he was like three years younger, it would've been a no-brainer to pick him over D'Lo.

Wait a minute… DLo was out with a bruised tailbone AND Cam was out with a sore groin last game? While on a the road too, I hope they weren’t roommates
1704315623434.gif

Back
Top Bottom