**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

You never give a straight answer to this question so I don't even know why I'm asking for the millionth time:
What would you do to right the ship?

What are the problems? How would you address them?

What?!?!?! :lol:

I answer EVERY time. :lol:

Jeanie sell.
Rob gone.
Ham gone.
AD gone.

Bron offered choice. Stay til retirement or we will trade if you would like. Truly his choice.

Anyone that calls for someone, Rui, Reaves, DLo whoever, make a deal if it's there.

New owner/GM/Coach all in TOGETHER on goal/plan. Be it take 2 years, or 3 years, whatever. Stack picks/kids and try to lure next gen stars that will be available in a couple years.

The Org itself is the prob. Post Mitch/Phil we have zero actual stability. Jeanie is broke rich (rich, but not rich rich) Rob is Kobe's agent, Magic came in, got Bron and then left. They did land AD but couldn't lure Kawhi who chose PAUL GEORGE AND THE CLIPPERS rather than our Org. Huuuuuuge red flag.

Thankfully COVID + Vogel got us thru Bubble. That masked everything. The NBA screwed us with the short off-season and AD got hurt, suddenly we firing folks and trading for Russ. :stoneface:

We won a title and inside 2 years got rid of EVERYONE except the oldest player in the league and AD. Does that sound like a well run org?

When we fire Ham, this will be the FOURTH head coach Bron has had as a Laker. He been here 5 years.......

I'm sure you recognize the pipe dream of 1 & 2, and the damn near impossibility of 4.
Sssoooo...
👀 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Then there is no fix. (Which is my point)

Ask yourself, who REALLY runs the Lakers, Rob/Jeanie, or Klutch?

We keep paying extending Bron who's 39 and now AD who turns 31 soon and we owe him $300 million with zero actual title contention in our future......

They ALL have to go in order to truly rebuild and fix this org. Get a rich rich owner hire Pat Riley and go from there.

The Org itself is the prob.
couldn't lure Kawhi who chose PAUL GEORGE AND THE CLIPPERS rather than our Org. Huuuuuuge red flag.
We won a title and inside 2 years got rid of EVERYONE except the oldest player in the league and AD. Does that sound like a well run org?
Oh I agree. I just... what is accomplished by bickering to each other about which path [that we have no control over] is the right path?
Thankfully COVID + Vogel got us thru Bubble. That masked everything.

there is no fix. (Which is my point)
Between mocking the idea of nixing the coach, and preaching the idea that there is no fix, it seems that your post tally on just those 2 ideas shows what your point is. 👀
In my estimation and observation, your stated point is 'There is no fix', but your presented point is simply 'It's not the coach! Stop saying that!'

Between mocking the idea of nixing the coach, and preaching the idea that there is no fix, it seems that your post tally on just those 2 ideas shows what your point is. 👀
In my estimation and observation, your stated point is 'There is no fix', but your presented point is simply 'It's not the coach! Stop saying that!'

Kinda. I've said FOR YEARS now, swapping out suits on the bench does literally nothing. (Unless you are adding a Phil or Pat Riley etc)

The rest are meaningless.

Does anyone even know who the coach for Minny or OKC are? Would those exact same coaches suddenly have us in 1st or 2nd? Nope.

Fix the org. Not the middle man.

Hield can definitely shoot, but I’d put his defense around DLo’s level, pretty bad.

Lavines’ contract is a really long-term lock up. Let’s say Lakers trade AR, Rui, Christie and last of the picks for Lavine. Lakers end up a 2nd round out.. Bron opts out of player option for next year.

We’d have AD, Lavine (injury-prone guys going into their 30’s)..No picks left, no young talent (traded them away). That’s a mid team with no future hopes

Hield can definitely shoot, but I’d put his defense around DLo’s level, pretty bad.

Lavines’ contract is a really long-term lock up. Let’s say Lakers trade AR, Rui, Christie and last of the picks for Lavine. Lakers end up a 2nd round out.. Bron opts out of player option for next year.

We’d have AD, Lavine (injury-prone guys going into their 30’s)..No picks left, no young talent (traded them away). That’s a mid team with no future hopes
I don't think LaVine has trade value at the moment. No suitors for him, so the Bulls are going to have to accept a less-than return or wait until the summer.

I don't think LaVine has trade value at the moment. No suitors for him, so the Bulls are going to have to accept a less-than return or wait until the summer.
Let’s say trade value is in the gutter, they just want off his contract. Need to match his 40 million in contract earnings:
DLo-17 mill
Rui-15 mill
AR-12 mil
Gabe Vincent-10 mill
Vando/Prince-4.5mil
Everyone else-<3 mill

What combination of contracts works to add up to that 40mil that would be worth it? assuming they’ll take anything

Let’s say trade value is in the gutter, they just want off his contract. Need to match his 40 million in contract earnings:
DLo-17 mill
Rui-15 mill
AR-12 mil
Gabe Vincent-10 mill
Vando/Prince-4.5mil
Everyone else-<3 mill

What combination of contracts works to add up to that 40mil that would be worth it? assuming they’ll take anything

You would need to trade at least $35mil. So DLo / Rui isn’t even enough salary wise.

Any positive LaVine brings are immediately cancelled by the negatives he doesn’t bring.

LaVine means more reliance on Gabe. Defense would actually get worse. Without Rui, your forward spots are Bron/TP/Vando. Now you don’t even have Rui to help save some minutes with scoring.
And the ball would move significantly less.

Not to mention it’s a trade where the ceiling isn’t even higher.

Dlo/gabe/Rui is the obvious answer.

I’m not even a fan of Rui like that but I feel like he has more “value” as an asset than LaVine. His contract is way better.

I’m not even a fan of Rui like that
I am. :/ But i'm a sucker for people who take pride in being a Laker, and he definitely does. I think Ham grossly misuses Rui.

*Preemptive disclaimer because HOLY CRAP, don't do it, people: I'm not saying "He's misusing Rui! Fire him!" 🤣🤦🏻‍♂️

What do you mean by this?
It just seems like Rui will get heavy minutes one game and decreased minutes the next couple games. I know he's battled 2 injuries this season.

Or not just even focusing on just the raw minutes, but also the time of the game. It seems like sometimes he'll be in at crucial times, like the middle of the 4th or something, and then other times he'll start the second half and then not play again the rest of the game.

Back
Top Bottom