**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

I don't get it.
Make the trade. Get worse. Is what it is.
5 more points, almost double rebounds, higher steals & FT%. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The reporting is the opposite. They don’t want him to decline and then lose him for nothing.

Ah well. Make the trade. Get worse. Is what it is.

I read other teams are concerned that he’ll pick it up

For the lakers you’d think they’d love the cap space if he didn’t pick it up

5 more points, almost double rebounds, higher steals & FT%. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

He shoots 17 shots a game. Are we convinced anybody other than AD and Bron get 15 shots, let alone 17 shots a game. Give DLo 17 shots a game and it’s a 23/8 player.

For reference DLo shot 12.6 before going back to starting. Since starting DLo 19 shots 27 points a game.
Murray goes to the line at the same rate as DLo.

DLo is a significantly better passer and playmaker. And works well with AD.

Lakers issue is they have no # 1 defender (Murray isn’t that) and they have a lack of shooting. Murray is a drop off compared to DLo.

They don’t have cap space whether DLo stays or goes.

Teams want him as an expiring. Lakers don’t want to lose him for free.

He shoots 17 shots a game. Are we convinced anybody other than AD and Bron get 15 shots, let alone 17 shots a game. Give DLo 17 shots a game and it’s a 23/8 player.

For reference DLo shot 12.6 before going back to starting. Since starting DLo 19 shots 27 points a game.
Murray goes to the line at the same rate as DLo.

DLo is a significantly better passer and playmaker. And works well with AD.

Lakers issue is they have no # 1 defender (Murray isn’t that) and they have a lack of shooting. Murray is a drop off compared to DLo.
Well when you put it that way. 😳😬

Is putting Spyda with Bron/AD at all a possibility? Even in the offseason?

Sure. But you’re unloading everything for him.

Rui/AR/Vando at least 2 of the 3 picks because you’d need to stand pat at the deadline just in case you need the 3rd first.

Them lights will be bright bright bright.

IMG_6029.jpeg

We're already over the cap so there's no 'space' created. Which is another reason why he was always going to be traded. Dejonte at least has more years locked up and only at a very reasonable trade friendly contract.

The bias is clear.

One guy believes D.lo is better than Murray.

I like D.lo but I understand that Murray's contract is the real reason we want to trade D.lo for him if we can do it.

Both Murray and D.lo have flaws in thier game. .

But give me the guy on a team friendly deal vs the guy I could lose for nothing.

Certainly understand the hesitancy around D'Lo walking for nothing, but I really don't see a market for him again.

But teams have to hit 90% of the salary cap, so maybe his agent gets him a payday.

We’ll miss the playmaking and shooting but we’ll like the perimeter defense and rebounding that hopefully both Murray and Brown would bring

It's not about DLo being better. In a vacuum is DJM better? Yes. Cap friendly contract too. But the additional assets it takes to get him is the problem.

Now if they'll do DLo/JHS and some 2nds, ok. But they talking 2029 1st and another swap. That's steep for a guy who might be a little better than DLo.

No doubt his athleticism in the back court is what LAL needs. He's shooting 39%+ from deep this year. He's still 6'5" and quicker on the defensive end so he should be better than DLo (even though the numbers don't show that this season). And his contract will allow you to move him later yes.

But look at how he's been as a #2 (Trae probably dominates the ball more than anyone sans Luka, however). There's a reason ATL doesn't mind moving him after what they gave up to get him. What is he going to look like playing off Bron/AD? His best year that everybody points to, came after DDR left SAS and he had the ball 99.9% of the time he was on the floor. Maybe Bron will give him the ball like he does with AR (still confuses me Bron will let AR have the rock but won't let DLo.) But if not, what does he look like standing around the perimeter waiting for shots while Bron/AR dominate possessions?

So trading for Murray is trading for an asset to trade down the line. While trading away 2 assets (JHS and 2029)?

Probably should launch Rob off Staples.

If they play better with Murray then you don't have to trade him.

And you still got a guy locked up for 3 years on a good contract.

Or you keep D.lo and we potential lose him for nothing.

Murray weighs like 170 pounds soaking wet

Who is he stopping on defense? I imagine he would be hunted on the P+R come playoff time just like D'lo.....

It seems more like a lateral move than anything

not against it, but also not clamoring for it either

I don't think it makes us that much better.

So trading for Murray is trading for an asset to trade down the line. While trading away 2 assets (JHS and 2029)?

Probably should launch Rob off Staples.

This isn't that difficult to comprehend. D'Lo doesn't really have any real value around the league hence him having to take paycut this summer and needing to add an asset to move him. They lose him this summer once the picks open back up is a lost asset either way. I don't think anyone is crying over JHS leaving so it's really the 29 pick.

And say if Cleveland moves off Donovan, DJM picks and filler is a much easier package to sell.

The consensus seems that the major appeal to Murray is providing more favorable trade opportunities, not actually Murray himself. 👀

Murray was an all league defender at one point. So the ability is there, change of scenery and not having to be as much of an offensive focal point maybe he can get back to more of that ball hawking he came in the league with.

Back
Top Bottom