**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Lakers team is good but not great. Don’t see why the front office isn’t being aggressive. You only got Lebron this year and next. With AD slated to make 60, 65, then 70 million Lebron is more than likely retired or playing elsewhere.

Team is mid. If they were actually good, would make more sense to try and do something this season but they just aren't there.

Also has some off the dribble juice to the rim that the guards lack. But the first sidestep three he takes, Bron will roll his eyes and trot back on defense.

Lakers will probably strike out in the buyout market as well

I don't see Dinwiddie, Lopez, or Morris coming here.

I'd take Marcus Morris or Lopez over Dinwiddie but that's me.

Glad we didnt make any panic moves.

We have the talent, its about getting everyone on the same page and building on that

HAM has failed to bring this group together so far

I feel like thats where FRANK shined, he brought guys together doing off court stuff, bringing in guys for presentations, extra curricular activities.

HAM seems to be moreso focused on the X's and O's opposed to morale building

but this is me looking in from the outside....

Loser: Los Angeles Lakers
After dreaming of adding Murray to the superstar duo of Anthony Davis and LeBron James, Lakers fans ended up with the same roster that started the day. It's unclear whether a big trade would have been the best option for the Lakers long-term if it cost them a precious first-round pick. However, upgrading the roster would have strengthened the Lakers' chances of escaping the play-in tournament and making another run like last year's trip to the Western Conference finals.
The Lakers are still in position to add a buyout candidate because their salary is below the luxury-tax apron. Point guards Spencer Dinwiddie and Kyle Lowry would be massive additions with Gabe Vincent still sidelined by arthroscopic knee surgery. However, the Lakers must contend with a new team entering in the buyout market after the Philadelphia 76ers ducked the tax with their trades Thursday. The Sixers can offer more money using their non-taxpayer midlevel exception, the vast majority of which the Lakers spent on Vincent last summer.
By the way, one of the most surprising outcomes of the trade deadline was one move that didn't happen: the Lakers dealing Christian Wood, which could have allowed L.A. to avoid paying the luxury tax.

Winner: Lakers' trade offers this summer
The upshot of the Lakers' decision not to trade a first-round pick now is they will have three available to trade by draft night. If the New Orleans Pelicans choose to defer the pick the Lakers owe them to 2025, the Lakers can trade this year's pick as soon as it's officially made. (The Lakers could make that pick on behalf of another team as part of a prearranged trade.) Otherwise, the Lakers would have their first-rounder in 2025 available in addition to picks in 2029 and 2031, giving them far more draft capital to trade than they had now.
The downside is that LeBron James holds a player option for next season, one he won't have to exercise until June 29 -- two days after the draft concludes. LeBron has never been shy about using leverage to encourage his team to go all-in, which could force the Lakers to overpay for upgrades at draft time to lock in James for another season in L.A.

Right time to pop this bottle.

I know it's supposed to be a celebration but it's still hard him not being here...

20240208_152405.jpg

Back
Top Bottom