**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

I think I’d prefer Trae to Mitchell...

Same height, Mitchell a better defender...

But Trae just so DYNAMIC on offense, could open up alot for AD.

Trae's 3pt shooting could unlock alot for this team

larry-david-curb-your-enthusiasm.gif

Would be a long trek with whatever trade they make.

because remember San Antonio has way more picks than LA for Trae. And the Knicks have more picks than LA and could match players on the low end for Mitchell.
Which means LA will have to push almost every chip on the table.

because whether it’s Trae or Mitchell that deal includes AR /one of Rui and Vando (at least I hope not both, but wouldn’t surprise me) / Christie if it’s Mitchell, Gabe if it’s Trae and all 3 picks.

I get that they want an answer for post LeBron. But the honest answer is to let it play because if you trade all of your depth again for a third star there isn’t a raising of the ceiling, and by the time LeBron leaves there won’t be anything to get better with trades because all the picks will be locked in.
LeBron and AD $94.6 million.
With Mitchell $130mil
With Trae $137mil
Of a $141mil cap. And if they have Vando or Gabe because they’re guaranteed with one still on the roster they already are operating at an above cap team with 4 guys. And the hope is your returning duo doesn’t spontaneously combust.

Since 2021, Trae has had the most Turnovers every single year, including this year, >4/ game.

Trae shoots 42.7% FG compared to Mitchells 47.3%.

When things slow down in the playoffs, and Trae is targeted, He's not going to hold up. AD can't save him in ISO situations

Trae’s had numerous clutch playoff shots and performances with the hawks. Carrying his team to the ECF, hitting game winners etc

But give me Mitchell all day.

My bet is on Trae. He knows he doesnt get the spotlight he deserves playing for ATL. Mitchell and Kyrie have had their time and my bet is they’re looking for that big bag before retirement. Trae wants the shine and name recognition you can only get from LA. Honestly prefer him over anyone else

I love the lakers but I hate how everything revolves around trades.

The entire pre trade deadline: what are the lakers going to do at the deadline?

2 days after the trade deadline: what are the lakers going to trade this summer?

I get that it’s all-star break and there isn’t much to talk about it but it’s probably the thing I hate most about the nba

2 days after the trade deadline: what are the lakers going to trade this summer?
Nah, I'm with you. Our team is never actually our team unless we're a top seed.

Ngl, I kinda thought that was an underlying joke behind 'Do it, Mitch' and 'Save us...' 👀

I get that it’s all-star break and there isn’t much to talk about it but it’s probably the thing I hate most about the nba

Don't forget the Warriors called us about a trade that didn't happen, or the 76ers called us about another trade that didn't happen..... :lol:

Then news "leaked" about a Melo deal that didn't happen.......15 years ago.

Luka/Wemby/Jokic "news cycle" with our name will be here VERY soon too.....trust.

I mean......I'ma chirp tho, let it be said.....

:lol:
I mean, I've said quite a few times that I like Donavan Mitchell. Other people have said they like Kyrie coming over. I'm not talking about fandom. Like as fans, we're allowed to talk about people we wish would come over.
I'm talking about "This just in, my sources tell me that there is serious movement on the Lakers sending Gabe Vincent to the Pacers for Haliburton & Turner."
Those serious, unending reports are never us, but then people are like "Oh my gosh, Lakers fans always do this."

No, we don't, actually.

Good segment on the Lakers and whether or not they are true contenders, starts at around the 16 min mark...

Back
Top Bottom