**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Accroding to this Forbes article from March 2017:

Steve Ballmer, worth $30 billion, is the world's richest sports team owner for the third straight year.

link

Paul Allen sitting at a cool $19.9 billie.

Third richest, The Nets at $8.9B

spooky.

Adidas doesn't officially end until the Finals are over so we probably won't see anything until then.

More fluff pieces about a dude who's outta here in a season. Good to see Julius getting that body fat down though. Magic coming in with the iron fist.

I can see the Nets or Bobcats offering him 4 years/$75 mill :lol:. We'll see where things go with him next year. If his defense and 3-pt shooting improve he could turn into a real force. I'd trade at the trade deadline for a mid-first rounder next year if possible.

Random rant: It boils my blood that we're gonna be forced to give up assets to unload bad contracts from last year. I can see a contract being toxic 3 or 4 years down the line but the Mozgov and Deng contracts were laughably bad at their signings. I would've fired Mitch on the spot for even proposing those contracts. Now we have $136 tied up in players that don't help us at all. Do you guys think that those were desperation signings in an attend for Mitch to try and save his job?

Random rant: It boils my blood that we're gonna be forced to give up assets to unload bad contracts from last year. I can see a contract being toxic 3 or 4 years down the line but the Mozgov and Deng contracts were laughably bad at their signings. I would've fired Mitch on the spot for even proposing those contracts. Now we have $136 tied up in players that don't help us at all. Do you guys think that those were desperation signings in an attend for Mitch to try and save his job?
Not Mitch, Jim

I don't think Jeanie knew about those deals until after the fact

That was a main problem, no visibility between the basketball ops side and business side

Last edited:
Yea they did. Mitch hitched his wagon to Jim. Those deals were the final nail in the coffin.
Obviously, Jim was in charge of all basketball operations. Mitch was forced to work with him.

It was a known fact Jim's job was on the line, not Mitch.

Mitch had been with the Lakers for 36 years, and everyone knew his time would be coming to an end with Jim? Stop

Go read Kevin Ding's article on Bleacher Report.

These desperation signings were obviously Jim.

No need to rehash what happened. Hell I predicted it the moment they signed those deals. Jeanie said she waited to late and should have done it last year. I doubt it's revisionist history, she was planning this regime change for a minute.

No need to rehash what happened. Hell I predicted it the moment they signed those deals. Jeanie said she waited to late and should have done it last year. I doubt it's revisionist history, she was planning this regime change for a minute.

How aren't you chastising Jeanie for not wanting West back in the organization?

Back
Top Bottom