**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

First half of the podcast even Trudell says “I don’t blame the players more than I blame the positions they are being put in.” And based on what we’ve seen all season long, not to expect any changes in how Ham utilizes his guys.

Basically he is saying Ham is the MAIN reason for the Lakers’ lackluster season LOL

First half of the podcast even Trudell says “I don’t blame the players more than I blame the positions they are being put in.” And based on what we’ve seen all season long, not to expect any changes in how Ham utilizes his guys.

Basically he is saying Ham is the MAIN reason for the Lakers’ lackluster season LOL

They've been extra annoyed by Ham and voicing it lately. Very surprising they can get away with it being Laker employees. :lol:

Trudell also said on a recent pod that he no longer believed AD and Lebron were capable of elevating their games to a level where he’d pick the Lakers over the Kings this season.

I'm curious who everyone wanted/expected to guard wings early in the year.

Vando hurt.
Gabe got hurt.

Not DLo or Reaves.
Not AD or Wood or Jax.

Bron in small spurts could.

Spencer wasn't on team yet.

Oh yeah, the two guys brought in for defending wings, Prince and Cam. But we wanted those two guys NOT to play, even tho they were signed......to play......

And if I'm doin my math right......we were God awful last year early then went on big run late.
We weren't very good early this year, then went on nice run late......(And even improved over last year) even as we dealt with myriad of injuries to depth contributors.

We're also going to be 1 of 2 teams in history to play 83 game season, this could technically be our 48th win of the season.

Vando hurt.
Gabe got hurt.

Not DLo or Reaves.
Not AD or Wood or Jax.

Oh yeah, the two guys brought in for defending wings, Prince and Cam. But we wanted those two guys NOT to play, even tho they were signed......to play......

And if I'm doin my math right......we were God awful last year early then went on big run late.
We weren't very good early this year, then went on nice run late......(And even improved over last year) even as we dealt with myriad of injuries to depth contributors.

We're also going to be 1 of 2 teams in history to play 83 game season, this could technically be our 48th win of the season.
That's an easy answer if I were the COACH

You MAXimize the minutes of a perimeter defender by the name of MAX Christie. Isn't this why the Lakers drafted him?

This means Reddish' minutes are dramatically reduced and TP plays his usual role of playing the 3 or the 2 but more importantly should have never been starting.

Additionally since I've been playing coach all season, Ham should've followed my advice of going 2-Big the MAJORITY of the time which in turn would've improved the Lakers' defense because AS ALREADY PROVEN COUNTLESS TIMES, we know Axtion Jackson is solid when it comes to guarding guards and forwards on the perimeter because Hayes is nimble amd athletic enough to move his feet and keep up with wings.

But Ham has xxxx for brains so that's that! We have seen how Ham prefers to play seniority above actual skills and talent which is why TP and Cam got more playing time than youngsters Max and Jax. That’s called the brain of an amateur.

Here's a clip I posted in the beginning of the season to ACCURATELY display Jaxson's perimeter defense

And Jaxson did the above against one of the best scoring guards in the league LOL

It is utterly amazing how people still don’t get how much of an advantage size and length are in this league and how it can disrupt an opponent

Last edited:

Vando hurt.
Gabe got hurt.

Not DLo or Reaves.
Not AD or Wood or Jax.

When Vando and Gabe were out:

Starters
AD and Bron get their usual 35 MPG each.
D'Lo and Reaves get their usual 32 MPG each.
Rui gets 30 MPG.

Bench
Prince gets 20 MPG.
Christie gets 18 MPG.
Reddish gets 8 MPG. He's not ****ing starting and he's held accountable for freelancing on offense.
Hayes and Wood split the remaining 30 MPG however you like.

That's your 10 man rotation.

Rules:
Minimize the Prince, D'Lo, Reaves trio as much as possible.
AD or Bron with D'Lo or Reaves on the floor at all times.
Bron takes a rest at ~6 minute mark of 1Q/3Q so he can return to finish the quarter/start the next quarter.
Reaves takes a rest at ~6 minute mark of 1Q/3Q so he can return to finish the quarter/start the next quarter.

You lack ideal footspeed, but lean into the size and physicality that this team has over most teams nightly.

*Shrugs*

Starters
Rui gets 30 MPG.

Bench
Prince gets 20 MPG.
Christie gets 18 MPG.
Reddish gets 8 MPG. He's not ****ing starting and he's held accountable for freelancing on offense.

Rules:
Bron takes a rest at ~6 minute mark of 1Q/3Q so he can return to finish the quarter/start the next quarter.
Reaves takes a rest at ~6 minute mark of 1Q/3Q so he can return to finish the quarter/start the next quarter.

You lack ideal footspeed, but lean into the size and physicality that this team has over most teams nightly.

*Shrugs*

This isn't asking too much at all. For him to go away from the lineup that made that run last year was asinine and honestly a fireable offense.

Starters
Rui gets 30 MPG.

Bench
Prince gets 20 MPG.
Christie gets 18 MPG.

Rules:

*Shrugs*

So your bench is Prince, Cam, Max and Wood......

Your five best starters with no bench help, from October thru April.

Because I remember many in this thread celebrating Reaves and/or DLo going to the bench to increase production outside of Bron/AD.
And Rui's best production last year was as 6th man while Vando started with the other 4. Which is what Ham tried again this season. :nerd:

You wanted all five starters to avg 30+ minutes for 7 months (and then playoffs) while your bench was literally nothing. And without us knowing Vando/Gabe status, ya know, ahead of time. :lol:

Excited for these posts again in 18 months when y'all fire the next coach for not using your preferred rotations. :lol:

Starters
Rui gets 30 MPG.

Bench
Prince gets 20 MPG.
Christie gets 18 MPG.

Rules:

*Shrugs*
This is rocket science to a whole lot of people…Lakers coaches, mgmt, and fans alike

Because I remember many in this thread celebrating Reaves and/or DLo going to the bench to increase production outside of Bron/AD.
And Rui's best production last year was as 6th man while Vando started with the other 4. Which is what Ham tried again this season. :nerd:

You wanted all five starters to avg 30+ minutes for 7 months (and then playoffs) while your bench was literally nothing. And without us knowing Vando/Gabe status, ya know, ahead of time. :lol:

Excited for these posts again in 18 months when y'all fire the next coach for not using your preferred rotations. :lol:
Show me you don’t watch the games why don’t you :lol:

Dude conveniently left out Jaxson Hayes from his narrative LOL

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Last edited:

Plan out the rotation and you're not rolling out five bench players at any given time.

You yourself said plan out the rotation when Vando and Gabe were out, and I did. Of course if Vando and Gabe were healthy (and Dinwiddie when he signed) they would get minutes at the expense of Reddish and one of Hayes/Wood. :lol:

Look at the highest and lowest scoring benches this season. There's no correlation to being a good or bad team. Good teams like the Nuggets and Knicks have low scoring benches. Terrible teams like the Wizards and Spurs have high scoring benches.

PLAY YOUR BEST PLAYERS TOGETHER.

Plan out the rotation and you're not rolling out five bench players at any given time.

You yourself said plan out the rotation when Vando and Gabe were out, and I did. Of course if Vando and Gabe were healthy (and Dinwiddie when he signed) they would get minutes at the expense of Reddish and one of Hayes/Wood. :lol:

Look at the highest and lowest scoring benches this season. There's no correlation to being a good or bad team. Good teams like the Nuggets and Knicks have low scoring benches. Terrible teams like the Wizards and Spurs have high scoring benches.

PLAY YOUR BEST PLAYERS TOGETHER.

I agree no correlation, but those teams don't have a 40 year old and AD.

Rui was technically a better player last year and no one demanded he play over Vando, so off rip you contradicting "play your best players together"

And I know for a mother****ing fact Phil didn't play his best players together. He staggered folks, same as Pop.

I agree no correlation, but those teams don't have a 40 year old and AD.

Rui was technically a better player last year and no one demanded he play over Vando, so off rip you contradicting "play your best players together"

And I know for a mother****ing fact Phil didn't play his best players together. He staggered folks, same as Pop.
And if Vando was healthy and starting, I would've been fine with it because it's a fit with the other four during the regular season and there was proof of concept. Rui should have been getting 25+ MPG regardless. Getting sub-20 MPG made no sense.

LOL

Most of us in this thread have a fixed opinion of DLo... how many times have you seen people mentioning that nothing really matters with him until we see what he does in the postseason?

Ain't nobody rooting for DLo to fail.. if he plays well obviously that's going to help the squad. I have the lowest of low expectations for him in big games.

Maybe this is the year where he proves himself... and if so, great I'll tip the cap and give him all props in the world.

Until then, he stinks...
I don't what to expect from him in the postseason either. But you're talking about the regular season. I expected him to be good enough that it wouldn't make sense to trade him and that's exactly how it played out. He's been fine. The only issue is that he needs to keep playing the same way. If he'd been trash that wouldn't be the case

And if Vando was healthy and starting, I would've been fine with it because it's a fit with the other four during the regular season and there was proof of concept. Rui should have been getting 25+ MPG regardless. Getting sub-20 MPG made no sense.

Come on brother, Rui wasn't getting sub 20 from Nov on. :lol:

He was only sub 20 like 4 games in Oct. (Which is completely understandable).

I know you mad, but Ham ain't the reason we ain't great.

Team is substantially better with Rui as a starter. But I'm committed to this coaching doesn't matter bit so I have to double down and avoid admitting I'm wrong at all costs

Back
Top Bottom