**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

The last time the lakers traded for a guard it was the end of being contenders....
I swear that westbrook trade literally set us back 7 years...and it ended up giving Denver KCP who has **** on us two years straight

Also, said this last year and we see it again... the Lakers had NO answer for Murray.

Not really thinking about the offseason and all the silly narratives to come just yet.

I would very much like to see Lebron finish his career as a Laker... and AD for that matter.

The rest of the roster, who knows... but there's an entire summer ahead to think about what's to come.

I think there's some merit to trading for a star guard, but at the same time I don't know how you watched these playoffs and think that's the answer when it's winning time.

If James opts out, he is eligible to sign a three-year, $162 million contract that would run through the 2026-27 season. The contract would be the largest in his career, and James would be allowed to negotiate a no-trade clause. A three-year max salary for a 39-year-old would normally be deemed as a toxic contract, but James just played his most games since 2017-18 and continues to defy Father Time, shooting a career-high 41.6% on 3-pointers. He will likely earn All-NBA honors for a 20th consecutive season. James could also go the short-term route and sign a two-year, $104 million contract. The second year would be a player option, allowing James to once again become a free agent next offseason.

I just want to be sure everyone is reading all this.

Extending 40 year old players is not how you build title contending team. Period.

I think there's some merit to trading for a star guard, but at the same time I don't know how you watched these playoffs and think that's the answer when it's winning time.
I'm only thinking about a high motor wing or pf... I suggested Wiggins earlier in the season and y'all killed me lol but I think if the Lakers had a guy like him instead of Rui or any of these other guys they probably win this series.

Vando would have helped with with his rebounding and activity dah well. Good job, good effort this one hurts more than last year.

Love y'all boys hopefully it's a retooling and we can get a better effort next season. West is just getting tougher moving forward though.

I'm only thinking about a high motor wing or pf... I suggested Wiggins earlier in the season and y'all killed me lol but I think if the Lakers had a guy like him instead of Rui or any of these other guys they probably win this series.
Wiggins was like a slimmer Rui for the first half of the season.

Think it's imperative to get a stout backup center and an athletic 6'7 guy to compete with the elite teams (Thunder, Nuggets, T'Wolves, Celtics). That's why I was pounding the team so much for passing on Whitmore.

Wiggins was like a slimmer Rui for the first half of the season.

Think it's imperative to get a stout backup center and an athletic 6'7 guy to compete with the elite teams (Thunder, Nuggets, T'Wolves, Celtics). That's why I was pounding the team so much for passing on Whitmore.
He def wasn't playing well, but he's proven what he's capable of doing on the biggest stage... his defense, athleticism and rebounding ability alone would have been a perfect fit.

what was key in the bubble ring was having Dwight and Magee WITH AD… it’s wild they refuse to surround him with bigs…

Say Lakers beat Denver. AD vs KAT and Gobert?

Their roster choosing is awful.

I honestly feel bad for Lebron cause they wasted his later years with this trash roster

I think with Rui / Gabe and some of the draft capital.
They could swing in a bunch of income brackets and find a big 3 who can play down at the 2. Or straight up 2

And from there you can always ensure

DLo and that guy
AR and that guy
DLo and AR

As your 1/2 rotation all game.

Then to close out it’s always DLo/AR/Bron/AD and whoever is playing well.

Here is the answer

That's stupid. I shouldn't lose anything because you got a call wrong.

Exactly what Chuck was saying. He didn't know, either. He was legit going off. "But they won the challenge. They're taking a penalty... for winning?"

Rui, Hayes, Spencer, Prince, Cam: on SIGHT!! 🤬
DLo: meh.
AR: meh.
Gabe, Hayes: I get it. Not thrilled. Whatever.
Rui, Hayes, Spencer, Prince, Cam: on SIGHT!!

That 11 points lost by in 5 games sheesh.

Rui houdinid, that 15 foot brick awful.

Still dont understand how AD has no one else to play the 5.

The team ate in the paint all series.

Sign washed Klay;
Maybe Edey will drop at 17, draft a big.
Sign 40 percent three points shooters.

Sham’s Ham piece is out already 😂

1714455740904.png

I think this is fair, Ham didn’t do himself any favors any time he spoke publicly 😂

what was key in the bubble ring was having Dwight and Magee WITH AD… it’s wild they refuse to surround him with bigs…

Say Lakers beat Denver. AD vs KAT and Gobert?

Their roster choosing is awful.

I honestly feel bad for Lebron cause they wasted his later years with this trash roster
You know what they say…”for some folks it’s rocket science” :lol:

I think Lebron coming back all really depends on what other potential appealing options are available or not available for him this offseason.

This is a guy that’s had no problem leaving teams for greener pastures throughout his career. So it was kinda shocking when he decided to reup with the Lakers in 2022 after a real bad season given he left some pretty good teams in the past.

If through the NBA grapevine he feels like a legit contender is willing to give him what we wants in terms of pay and years, I can see him bouncing. If that’s not the case, he’ll be having a press conference this summer about now it was his intention to finish his career as a Laker all this time.

Back
Top Bottom