**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

BIG facts!!
The only thing I didn’t quite like about Nick was that he clashed with Del Harris, which shows that he was somewhat uncoachable.

But I get why he didn’t like Del, understandably so because DH aka Del Harris was about as weak as DH Darvin Ham when it came to leading veteran players to the promise land.

Makes me wonder what kind of effect the Zenmaster would’ve had with Nick

The only thing I didn’t quite like about Nick was that he clashed with Del Harris, which shows that he was somewhat uncoachable.
I know that Ham is a polarizing topic, and I know that you didn't like him.
Please just try to keep the answer simple when I ask this: if you heard that Anthony Davis clashed with Ham, would you think that AD is uncoachable?

I know that Ham is a polarizing topic, and I know that you didn't like him.
Please just try to keep the answer simple when I ask this: if you heard that Anthony Davis clashed with Ham, would you think that AD is uncoachable?
Nope because AD proved he was coachable in New Orleans

Van Exel never had an NBA coach prior to Harris and Van Exel never had issues when Huggins coached him at Cincinnati.

Which means….Del Harris, not Nick, was the MAIN problem just like Ham was the MAIN problem in LA and not the ONLY problem. And that my friend is why Dr. Buss got rid of DH

Nick was dope. From his very first home game as a rookie when he dominated defending conference champs Phoenix at the forum , dropped something like 25 points and led us to a win. Special player

Nick is a cool dude. One of my hobbies is getting all my Lakers jerseys signed and met him 2 yrs ago. 20240731_165249.jpg

Nope because AD proved he was coachable in New Orleans

Van Exel never had an NBA coach prior to Harris and Van Exel never had issues when Huggins coached him at Cincinnati.

Which means….Del Harris, not Nick, was the MAIN problem just like Ham was the MAIN problem in LA and not the ONLY problem. And that my friend is why Dr. Buss got rid of DH
I don't know how you did this, but you managed to share your position that Nick Van Exel was somewhat uncoachable, and then you actually just grabbed MY defense to show that the problem between him and Del Harris wasn't him.
😂🙃

I don't know how you did this, but you managed to share your position that Nick Van Exel was somewhat uncoachable, and then you actually just grabbed MY defense to show that the problem between him and Del Harris wasn't him.
😂🙃
That reminds of that classic Chappelle show skit…

1722470907215.gif

😂🙃
I never said Nick was a problem, did I? :lol:

I even said I wished he was with the Lakers when Phil arrived because I felt strongly Phil would’ve straightened him out and found a role for him. BUT…because he clashed with Harris, maybe he showed to Laker mgmt that he was somewhat uncoachcable but his clashing with Del was not the final straw that led to him being traded. It was CANCUN.

And so as it turned out, we all found out that Del Harris was the MAIN problem and thus was promptly fired just like Ham

You twisting my words like a couple of you NT old timers love to do. This is called MENTAL GYMNASTICS. :lol:

So I post my opinion about Van Exel and certain folks proceed to innocently attempt to start a useless debate/argument in an effort to hopefully see me get riled up and fall for the mental gymnastics LOL

Back
Top Bottom