**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

As currently constructed, what teams are the 2017/2018 Lakers better than?

Brooklyn? Chicago? Atlanta?

I would really like to avoid giving Boston that pick.

Pacers, Magic in that mix. And who knows Phoenix may try and tank again. I also think the Kings will struggle as well.

I think we need to make some more moves or let summer league pass before we can say how good we are. We are sadly placing our season in the hands of 1-3 year players. Hopefully Lonzo is the real deal and we get value out of Hart. Ingram gotta ball out. Randle looked promising last year. We shall see.

Season hinges on improvement of Randle/Ingram tbh. Ball is just a rookie. Lopez has hardly been on over 500 teams for his career. And there haven't been any other significant changes

Lopez will replace former roster guards production from a points standpoint. Zo should be a better creator and expecting BI to take a jump and Randle to have his best year in his contract year. We'll be fine. I don't believe bottom 5 bad for the simple fact the entire bottom of the East will be tanking.

Lopez will replace former roster guards production from a points standpoint. Zo should be a better creator and expecting BI to take a jump and Randle to have his best year in his contract year. We'll be fine. I don't believe bottom 5 bad for the simple fact the entire bottom of the East will be tanking.

Yep. Brook + Zo > Moz + [redacted]

But we have a worse bench as of now, relying on too many rookies who'll be in foul trouble every game lol

And we lost perimeter scoring with Swaggy

our success will probably be on how soon and good ball is

if he struggles well be pretty damn bad. if he has a great rookie season then we might get out of the bottom 5 hole

Ball is going to struggle
Very possible since he's a rookie
But hopefully pushing the ball will make an impact on the team. And his college 3 range already prepared him for the NBA 3 distance
I think those two things will translate and he'll still struggle. Learning how to defend and run an offense takes time.

That's why G Hill would've been perfect.

Brook and Randle are our two best players rt now. That's not good.

Last edited:
man lavar got embiid in his feels
laugh.gif

truth hurts
nerd.gif

Yep. Brook + Zo > Moz + [redacted]

But we have a worse bench as of now, relying on too many rookies who'll be in foul trouble every game lol

And we lost perimeter scoring with Swaggy

[emoji]128514[/emoji] Why can't you say Dlo?

Back
Top Bottom