**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Looking forward to see Lonzo play. Hoping he plays really well and rises above the nonsense and hate. I want to see Hart play well too. Hoping Ingram and Randle improve and make major impacts.

Last edited:
Having a big that can shoot threes will change everything, open up the paint for BI Randle Zo and JC

We won't be as bad as some of you guys Think

I know a year is a long time in NBA terms and a lot can change between now and July 2018 but y'all do realize the idea of getting multiple big name free agents to LA next summer to make us contenders ALL depends on Ingram and Lonzo balling out.  If they SUCK (which can EASILY happen given their weaknesses) then the plan doesn't work.  Then you will have a BIG 2 (lets say...Boogie and George or Lebron and George if we are lucky) plus a bunch of sorry players.   Huge year and TONs of pressure on Ball and Ingram this year.

Last edited:
Every year for the past 5 seasons people have predicted around the same 25 win mark. :lol:
It's starting to get depressing... are we ever going to contend again? |I

Every year for the past 5 seasons people have predicted around the same 25 win mark. :lol:
It's starting to get depressing... are we ever going to contend again? |I

hqdefault.jpg

So should we just start talking about the FAs for next year?

Is there any way we can keep Randle and sign 2 max deals? 

Thinking we should be able to dump Deng for the 2020 1st and another young player.

Thinking we should be able to dump Deng for the 2020 1st and another young player.

lol why? They should definitely wait and see if they can talk a free agent into joining us first.

Last edited:

lol why? They should definitely wait and see if they can talk a free agent into joining us first.
They were shopping the 2020 unprotected for Moz, pretty sure they're hell bent on getting as much space as possible. It's not like they waited this year.

All this free agent talk means nothing unless we get lucky with cheap young guys that play above what their contracts suggest.  Need Hart, Kuzma, Zubac, Nance to be super solid while Ball and Ingram are GREAT on rookie deals.  Only then can 2 star FA get you above the top.  Otherwise the two guys you sign need to be Kobe and Shaq level ballers

All this free agent talk means nothing unless we get lucky with cheap young guys that play above what their contracts suggest.  Need Hart, Kuzma, Zubac, Nance to be super solid while Ball and Ingram are GREAT on rookie deals.  Only then can 2 star FA get you above the top.  Otherwise the two guys you sign need to be Kobe and Shaq level ballers
Honestly, I dont even know that a Shaq and Kobe level duo would be enough to win a ring now.

Honestly, I dont even know that a Shaq and Kobe level duo would be enough to win a ring now.
That's kind of where I was going with my post.

Is there a way to construct a contender by adding any of next year's FAs?

Boogie and PG? Russ and LeBron?

This is more for the ppl that actually like this plan. Who do you guys want?

Lets just hope we don't go overboard with trying to get superstars next summer just to get them.  I'd be happy with just PG and further improvement of Lonzo and Ingram in 2018-2019...then build upon that.  Sign low key tough defensive players and go from there.  Lets hope we don't end up with a gutted roster and PG + Boogie or something.

Having clutch veteran teammates help though
Big Shot Bob and Rick Fox :nthat:

That's kind of where I was going with my post.

Is there a way to construct a contender by adding any of next year's FAs?

Boogie and PG? Russ and LeBron?

This is more for the ppl that actually like this plan. Who do you guys want?
If GSW didn't exist, then yes! But because of them, you've gotta be patient.  Which is something I hope Magic and Rob are.  I say go with PG and see what else fits.  Then stay in the bushes and wait to strike either summer after or see if you can get a star via trade the way Wolves and Rockets got stars for garbage via trade.  All while developing Ball and Ingram.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom