**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Beggers cant be choosers.
If you think going after KCP with nothing to lose is a garbage move then you're probably the kinda dude who thinks James Johnson and Kelly Olynyk being paid 120 million together is a great deal.

If we could get rid of Deng sure, but didn't you say yesterday you didn't want contracts thrown at 3rd tier guys or was that somebody else?

You think PG is a sure thing? It was reported that he was recruiting players to multiple teams and was open to joining the spurs who will have two max slots available next summer. Gotta stop assuming these guys think like fans do and say to themselves 'I will ONLY play for the Lakers no matter what!'. Sorry but that's dumb as hell.
Its way more a sure thing than Hayward's decision.

Love, KD, Melo, Lebron, Boogie, LMA were all rumored to come here

Now Lebron again
Lol

PG is the only one I believe can happen

Beggers cant be choosers.
If you think going after KCP with nothing to lose is a garbage move then you're probably the kinda dude who thinks James Johnson and Kelly Olynyk being paid 120 million together is a great deal.

If we could get rid of Deng sure, but didn't you say yesterday you didn't want contracts thrown at 3rd tier guys or was that somebody else?

Im not sure if that was me but I definitely dont see any issues with giving him a JJ Redick type deal.
The money doesnt matter as long as its 1 season, and who knows maybe he'll play well and want to stay once we get our 'max' guys next summer.

Love, KD, Melo, Lebron, Boogie, LMA were all rumored to come here

Now Lebron again
Lol

PG is the only one I believe can happen

Exactly man. Exactly. But this time it's gonna be different because..well..just because.

If we lose the pick to Boston and they manage to acquire pg. Good lord :smh:

Based on what? Hayward is actually on the Celtics. Kinda tough to be more of a sure thing than that
You ain't reading correct

You said it was obvious he was gone choose the Celtics for years. Fam kept switching up hours b4 too. The reason they didn't have enough cap to sign him is because they were tryna get their star via trade

All of George's potential suitors made no mention or even brought talks of long-term commitments after this season

Im not sure if that was me but I definitely dont see any issues with giving him a JJ Redick type deal.
The money doesnt matter as long as its 1 season, and who knows maybe he'll play well and want to stay once we get our 'max' guys next summer.

When you said bag, I thought you meant a long term deal

nerd.gif
dont do this man

When you said bag, I thought you meant a long term deal

I was just goofing around hahaha. Tbh that was my first time ever using the phrase.
Just wanted to give it a shot :nerd:

Fair point. I don't know man, I'm legit trying to take off my hater shades and I just can't find a reason to be confident about this plan. I feel like pg is far from a sure thing and there's no real backup plan if we strike out on this two max fantasy. Next year's fa class is pretty underwhelming
Then you wait longer. Boo freakidy hoo

Lakers pushing for 1 year deal with KCP. We will likely NOT get him bc why would he take a 1 year deal. Also he won't be the starting pg so makes no sense for him but worth a try I guess

Then you wait longer. Boo freakidy hoo

Lakers pushing for 1 year deal with KCP. We will likely NOT get him bc why would he take a 1 year deal. Also he won't be the starting pg so makes no sense for him but worth a try I guess

For real? Just wait longer :lol:. Some of you couldn't bring yourselves to say a bad word about this FO if they slapped ya moms

I still don't get this logic tho..their plan is to sign somebody with a 1 year deal. It hasn't been working and some of you say, yea of course the plan isn't working. Why would anyone good want to sign a 1 year deal. But that's the damn plan :lol:. So it's cool that the plan isn't working basically because it doesn't make sense. Well next year the plan is to lure not one but two max guys to a team that will win 30 games hopefully. But why would max guys want to come to that situation? We have literally watched it play out the past 4 years. Max guys don't leave playoff teams for trash teams. It doesn't make sense. Wanted Jim and Mitch burned at the stake but now it's..just wait longer. Cool

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom