**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

IMG_20200224_121224.jpg

Aunt was ooped tickets paid for the 224 price range

Step Pops is a big time Laker fan. It was his 63rd bday party yesterday, and I'm still drunk so I'm bout to twist one up to balance out the system namean

So I took the day off today, dropped off the kids at school, and I'm ready to celebrate Kobe's life, not mourn his death.

I know it's still hard fellas. It will always feel like dis **** not real.

Although his untimely death is the shock of a lifetime, his life was a journey for eternity.

Let's celebrate him today bros.

Like in the last scene from Gladiator, which is the film that Kobe's emblem took inspiration from: "Honor him."

Kobe would do the same 🙌🏽

Cheers Bros and always a pleasure chatting it up, joking, and gaining knowledge from all of you👊🏽🤜🏽

#MambaMentality4Life
20200224_083500.jpg

Yezzir

I’m not ready for this ceremony. I thought I was, I’m not. I still can’t believe it. **** hits me in waves. I’ll be fine for a few days, and then I just say “damn, Kobe is really gone.”
I just want to say that I love you all. I’m not in this thread as often as I want to be. But I really do appreciate all the talks we’ve all had and will continue to have.

B17855FD-9C72-48A1-80AE-B0AA6968A318.jpeg

First tat

My sister and I got matching 8/infinity logos in Miami super bowl weekend. Kobe was our idol, he wasnt perfect on the court or off the court but this was our guy, LA’s guy. People from other fan bases who “hated” him as a player was a sign of respect. I was fortunate enough to hear the news a bit before this happened that my sister had a +1 to the Super Bowl and loads of other events with the team for that weekend, i was absolutely on cloud 9 every day thinking about how beyond lucky i was to be able to experience an event like that.. and then the Kobe news hit and i cant even explain how i felt. Ive had a few family losses and i wont even lie this one hurt just as bad. Ill admit i have a great friend who is known for getting up early and being loud and obnoxious to wake people up early and it so happened me, him and my homegirl were staying and her house. We stayed up late the night before after having a great night and sure enough that friend i mentioned was up real early with a ton of energy and kept waking us up (annoying tbh) he did it a few times and we were so annoyed and frustrated after the 3rd time (he was doing the joker laugh over and said over :lol: ) and on the final one he was like OH MY GOD and at first we obviously thought it was him watching whatever netlix show he was watching and he just straight up hit us with the news and i was furious he would even joke about that. He wasnt kidding. In my head and feelings it was literally the definition of unbelievable.I was hoping and assumed it was fake, i really didnt want to believe it. Once i knew it was confirmed I couldnt comprehend how it was possible for my idol to be taken away, i thought he was invincible, i assumed he was invincible. I was absolutely crushed, and once i heard the news of Gigi and the others a little bit after i cant even put into words how hurt i was. For me, sports are a huge part of my life, i went from being a kid and loving it to becoming obsessed with them in a way as well as playing at a high level because of the obsession. i have an issue when people have get upset with calling their favorite team “we” or saying its “just a game” or “just a sport” when my team loses. I get it, im not playing or coaching but being born in 89 i was about 7 when Kobe came in and i already knew who i was a fan of. This post was supposed to be MUCH shorter and wrapped up after a few sentences but
I figured why not just keep going. Sorry for the ramble. #KobeandGigiForever

Back
Top Bottom