**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

I hope things get to a point where we can have basketball again.

These coming in while I'm watching Lakers compacto really has me missing basketball.
20200504_162002.jpg

Honestly no damns given. Even with the Lakers past history there. All that matters to me is Clips moving out of Staples in 4 years. Good riddance !

Dirty Mayor + Filthy rich Billionaire owners in Ballmer & Kroenke.

"Ingelwood always up to no good" :lol:

Why is the mayor dirty again? y’all gon have to stop disrespecting my guy.
He led Inglewood from the brink of literal bankruptcy to being one of the most financially secure cities in the state.

He led Inglewood from the brink of literal bankruptcy to being one of the most financially secure cities in the state.

That may be true. But I don't want to get political in here. We have done a great job of not doing that in this thread.

I think both things can be true. To me, most politicians, even local ones, are dirty and influenced by money. With billionaires fighting for territory and rights, it would be foolish not to expect the mayor not to finesse for some money. And it would be foolish of the billionaires not to donate money.

But it’s also true that he’s doing what’s right for Inglewood. Sure it’s inevitably going to cause an even higher inflation in rent prices and gentrify the neighborhood. Black people will be displaced. These are major issues tbh. But hundreds of businesses will open up now (hopefully incentives/subsidies for black businesses and native residents). There will be an increase in tourism/revenue in their city. Property values are sky rocketing and will continue to increase. For those that own property/will inherit property cause their folks have lived there for decades, it’s a great opportunity to make money.

Very hard to balance doing what’s right for his constituents today vs what’s best for Inglewood the city in the long term , especially in regards to gentrification

Back
Top Bottom