**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

And if Bron decides to retire thanks for the memories… def appreciate him coming to LA trying to restore the purple and gold to greatness. There were a lot of guys who could’ve come but weren’t built for the lights.

It was an emotional roller coaster ride of a reason… tough loss tonight and guys are probably in their feelings. Wouldn’t put a whole lot of stock in this stuff just yet.
Yeah like I said not a big fan but respect he gave us a championship played with heart all play offs

If LeBron retired tomorrow, we would lose him for nothing because we would already be over the cap with our current cap holds and needing to resign Rui and Reaves.

If we traded AD we wouldn't be able to replicate his valuen so we would probably end up with a high-end role player and a couple of picks.

Losing LeBron and AD would make us one of the worst teams that league next year and we don't have our pick. It just doesn't make sense

Fun fact. Whether we have bron and AD or not, we won’t win the chip next year

When Joker hit that impossible Dirk fade 3 I accepted it was their time.

Love this team still and appreciate everyone's contribution throughout the season/playoffs, but def need to reconsider DLo and AD's standing with the team going forward. If Lebron retires (he won't) I don't want to see a team built around AD

Gotta be frustrating year for Bron, most injured he’s been in a season that I can remember.

No chance he retires though. I think he’ll want retirement tour at least

Kinda crazy how lengthy the nuggets were. And we spent most of series playing small lol

Ran out of gas we did.

A rested team coulda won in 6. A good D’lo series’s plus rest coulda won in 5. But we didn’t and that’s ok too

Fun fact. Whether we have bron and AD or not, we won’t win the chip next year
Who knows what could happen.. We were able to make the conference Finals with a roster we threw together at the trade deadline and a rookie head coach.

When looking at the landscape of the league, outside of Denver, is there another team in the league where you're thinking "No matter what the Lakers do, they can't get through this team".

I might seem bias but you can make an argument that we have the second best team in the league right now, ahead of Boston, Miami, Milwaukee, etc. Denver is the only team that I would put in a clear tier above us.

If we're able to build some continuity and make some improvements on the edges, who's to say we won't get over the hump next year? I would rather run it back and try then blow it up in a season when we don't have our draft pick

Gotta be frustrating year for Bron, most injured he’s been in a season that I can remember.

No chance he retires though. I think he’ll want retirement tour at least

Honestly, it's probably harder for LeBron to get close and lose than it would be for us to have not made the playoffs at all. Losing is especially tough when you are close and can envision yourself winning.

The bron highlights from this season before the foot injury are amazing

My thing is at his age the injuries will keep happening unfortunately

Brook or no Brook, next year AD starts at power forward instead of center if the Lakers want a legit shot at a title.

I'm over this season. Letter grade: B-, considering we ended up finish strong en route to the WCF.

Had Ham given minutes to TT in the playoffs, we'd have been a solid B-B+.

Time to crank up the TM

The bron highlights from this season before the foot injury are amazing

My thing is at his age the injuries will keep happening unfortunately
The HOPE is that with a more youthful and *hopefully reliable surrounding cast is that bron and ad work load lightens so presumably less wear and tear injuries

Ad and Rui ready to take those next steps
Not sure on Dlo vando tho

Not the ending I’d like but considering the turmoil and situation the team had to to deal last year up to February this year, Im content and proud of the run they made.

On the LeBron news I’d be shocked if he retire this summer. With this new Lakers team having notches under their belt and a summer off together and Rob getting time to trim the fat of the roster, I feel like Bron is just prepping hype for a last dance scenario.

Who knows what could happen.. We were able to make the conference Finals with a roster we threw together at the trade deadline and a rookie head coach.

When looking at the landscape of the league, outside of Denver, is there another team in the league where you're thinking "No matter what the Lakers do, they can't get through this team".

I might seem bias but you can make an argument that we have the second best team in the league right now, ahead of Boston, Miami, Milwaukee, etc. Denver is the only team that I would put in a clear tier above us.

If we're able to build some continuity and make some improvements on the edges, who's to say we won't get over the hump next year? I would rather run it back and try then blow it up in a season when we don't have our draft pick
Yeah, this feels like one of the better seasons to feel optimism going into the post season despite the L.

g00llkb37i1b1.png

Back
Top Bottom