**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

I wonder if Ham was on to something at the beginning of the year.

He never followed it. Only 9 games less than 30. Only 1 where the game was decided by less than 15, and that was opening night.

But between Bron, Vando, Rui and Prince. As well as if they get an Andre Drummond like player that puts AD at the 4 for stretches, you should be able to keep Bron in that range or 30-32 in exchange for asking for more focus on the defensive end / all around energy.

(It’ll never happen, we’ll still run Bron 36-38 minutes like Thibs is out there).

essential1 essential1

I’m sure you know how this works… you think there’s any coach on this planet that’s going to tell LeBron when he can or can not go into an NBA game? At best, it’s a working relationship… at worst you have a situation like Giannis where he openly defies the coach does it for the world to see.

They got hot from 3 which is rare but still the effort and energy they played with is something they can control. That's the only thing I'm asking for.
Absolutely.

But put yourself in their shoes for a minute and it does make sense why the effort isn’t there every night… DLo goes from primary ball handler to corner boy, no matter how well he might be playing. Got benched so Bron could take over his spot full time. AR gets benched for his defense but has to watch while Bron gets to be a statue on that end and see his minutes ramp up. Now would you play hard every night if this happened to you?

And to bring this back to Ham… I don’t think he’s lost the locker room, because this team still competes most nights. But you can create a rift on the team if you’re holding some guys accountable but not others…guys will def start looking at you sideways. Remember when AD first got to LA, him and Bron always talked about holding each other accountable… do you guys still think that is the case?

Imagine a solid coach who would know how to optimize Hayes, who clearly isn't being utilized properly.

Put Axtion Jaxson on Miami and I guarantee Spo will know exactly how to make him most effective.

This ain't his first highlight package all season either

Screenshot_20240130_105242_Google.jpg
:lol:

Brosizzlew30.23 Brosizzlew30.23 , tonight wasn't exactly what I would call 2-big big lineup. Outlier? 👀
No, not when AD ain't out there playing next to Wood or Hayes. If it's AD and Wood vs Horford and Porzingis, that's a legit 2-Big lineup for the Lakers.

But when AD is out there with Rui and/or Vando, it's only really a "2-Big" lineup when the Lakers are playing teams whose frontcourts are smaller than theirs.

Last edited:
essential1 essential1

I’m sure you know how this works… you think there’s any coach on this planet that’s going to tell LeBron when he can or can not go into an NBA game? At best, it’s a working relationship… at worst you have a situation like Giannis where he openly defies the coach does it for the world to see.

That’s why the parentheses at the end.

It’s Bron’s decision.

Took to look. Bron gets 8, 9.5, 8, 9.9 minutes per quarter. That second quarter feels crazy. Double edge sword.

Sigh.

1 - Well tell Bron or AD to sacrifice some of their minutes for Rui.
2 - The other option is to give him some (all) of Prince’s minutes. Well for most of the season before Vando came back Prince was being asked to guard the best perimeter player on the opposing team. Do you trust Rui to do that?
3 -Rui is actually averaging more minutes than he did last season. His role is bench scorer, but he doesn’t always get to play because of matchups and the fact that the Lakers have 19 forwards on the roster.

Back
Top Bottom