**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Yup Jaxson Hayes really has Zero sense of the game LOL

I bet some of y’all play video games more than you actually watch and play the game of basketball 😂

Last edited:
Saw this on my timeline today, thought you guys would enjoy this one...

https://www.brightsideofthesun.com/...ome-for-phoenix-suns-to-walk-frank-vogel-talk

Some highlights:
they are below average as it relates to defending the perimeter. Currently ranked 22nd in the NBA by allowing opponents to shoot 36.7% from three-point range, the Suns were obliterated from beyond the arc on their road trip. Opposing teams shot 40.2% from three over four games, and that includes an 11-of-38 performance by the Charlotte Hornets.

If you were to ask what the biggest weaknesses are for this team outside of health, it would be fourth-quarter execution, unforced live ball turnovers, and lackadaisical perimeter defense.

One thing I’ve learned about Frank Vogel in his first season with the Suns is that he says the right things. He’s a professional in that aspect. He doesn’t tip his hand, tells the media what they want to hear, and then does what he does. How many times have we heard that a player is day-to-day only for them to be out for three weeks? How many times have we heard him acknowledge what is wrong with the Suns but the adjustment never seems to occur?

Rotations, poor defensive schemes, lack of adjustments, etc... I don't know man lol it's almost like this stuff is copied and pasted from every fan base about why their fav team is underachieving.

Let’s put this in proper context shall we….

Vogel came in this season and inherited a completely brand new team, brand new core (save for Booker) with all brand new players that weren’t there last season when PHX had a different coach.

Ham meanwhile has had the same core for two seasons and has an even better roster on paper this year than last.

Apples to oranges

Saw this on my timeline today, thought you guys would enjoy this one...

https://www.brightsideofthesun.com/...ome-for-phoenix-suns-to-walk-frank-vogel-talk

Some highlights:

Rotations, poor defensive schemes, lack of adjustments, etc... I don't know man lol it's almost like this stuff is copied and pasted from every fan base about why their fav team is underachieving.
i mean its normal in sports to blame the coach first not just in the nba but in every league.

much easier to blame the guy whos not actually playing

coaches will always be the scapegoat til the end of time

the only guy who takes offense to this and has had enough of it is C CP1708 🤣

i mean its normal in sports to blame the coach first not just in the nba but in every league.

much easier to blame the guy whos not actually playing

coaches will always be the scapegoat til the end of time

the only guy who takes offense to this and has had enough of it is C CP1708 🤣

Yea, it's not normal tho, it's dumb. Plain, dumb. Which is what I have said every time, for years. (as you guys pile up coaches. :lol: )

If there's no such thing as a bad coach, they're can't be a such thing as a good coach either, correct?

Good or bad....

one thing is for certain

Darvin is an INEXPERIENCED coach

I know he was the guy most of the players wanted, but being a first time head coach for a team with championship aspirations didn't seem logical to me.

and here we are.

Good or bad....

one thing is for certain

I know he was the guy most of the players wanted, but being a first time head coach for a team with championship aspirations didn't seem logical to me.

and here we are.

Lue or Kidd should be coaching this ran right now honestly. That's where the organization has failed more than anything since Phil left.

I’m ignoring this content for a reason …. But if I had to guess something something something… move goalposts…. hamslamwich

I might un-ignore after BIG LEEMELONE BIG LEEMELONE gets paid from winning their bet though … 👀😂
hes not gonna pay him. once he refuses im gonna take him off ignore and remind him every single time he post to pay his debt.

Good or bad....

one thing is for certain

and here we are.
This is true... and the lack of experience part applies to the roster as well.

There's also a lot of inexperienced players on this roster... Austin, Vando, Rui, Cam, Christie, Hayes who honestly are still figuring out their places in the league. Perfect example of this was with the rumors/gossip of players being disgruntled about starting and/or playing time... but when you're serious about competing for championships it's about sacrifice and doing what's best for the team.

Some "older" vets like DLo, Wood, Prince (and maybe Gabe too) who have been around in the league for a little bit and have established themselves but none I would really associate with being consistent and reliable. Wood has been in the league for 8 seasons and has been on 8 teams already. DLo has been on like 5 teams in his short NBA career right....Lakers, Nets, GS, Minn, Lakers.

I lowered my expectations for this team a while ago. Maybe they can make the play-in, get some favorable matchups and have another cinderella run but I'm not counting on it. Maybe if Lebron and AD can raise their games to a level where they're both performing like top 5 players but that's probably asking for too much of them at this point in their careers (mileage and injuries)

If there's no such thing as a bad coach, they're can't be a such thing as a good coach either, correct?

I haven't said there are no bad coaches.

I fully recognize and believe there are good coaches. (Phil, Riley, Pop, Spo)

I said, at the NBA level, coaches don't matter.

Kobe was workin out at 4 AM during the Olympics. Phil wadn't in there with him.

Bron been to the Finals with like 5 diff coaches.

Pop was great........in Tim Duncan's prime.

Kerr in his first years as a coach was a 1 seed every year and making the Finals every year. His players older now as he fights for play ins. Same coach, way less success.

Phil was a God........til he was starting Luke Walton, Smush Parker, and Kwame Brown. Then he couldn't beat MDA in the first round.

They wear a suit and tie. The guys in tank tops do the heavy lifting.

**** this thread ENAMORED with taking timeouts after every basket, Phil used to go home at night with every one of his timeouts in his pocket. :lol:

I haven't said there are no bad coaches.

I fully recognize and believe there are good coaches. (Phil, Riley, Pop, Spo)

I said, at the NBA level, coaches don't matter.

Kobe was workin out at 4 AM during the Olympics. Phil wadn't in there with him.

Bron been to the Finals with like 5 diff coaches.

Pop was great........in Tim Duncan's prime.

Kerr in his first years as a coach was a 1 seed every year and making the Finals every year. His players older now as he fights for play ins. Same coach, way less success.

Phil was a God........til he was starting Luke Walton, Smush Parker, and Kwame Brown. Then he couldn't beat MDA in the first round.

They wear a suit and tie. The guys in tank tops do the heavy lifting.

**** this thread ENAMORED with taking timeouts after every basket, Phil used to go home at night with every one of his timeouts in his pocket. :lol:
The good ole don’t call timeouts and let the team figure it out on their own |l

What if Ham’s genius strategy is for the players to coast in the regular season, except the IST, so we can play Denver with fresh legs and more rest between games in the first round. We have to go through them anyways Midas whale play them early on.

🔥🔥🔥🔥

The chip is coming

16-0 run, Phil on the sidelines with sage, essential oils, & sativa.

And announcers used to praise him to no end. "Look at Phil, calmly expecting his team to figure it out themselves, what a great coach...."

"Look at Ham, what a frickin moron". Uh, guys, it's 13-6 with 9 minutes left in the first quarter. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom