**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Will def be a close game, always hard to beat the same team back-to-back in any circumstance, not to mention the growing magnitude now.

I hope like absolute hell it's the Pels and Kings that go home for the season. 🙏

I'm hoping it's the Warriors and Kings that go home :nerd:

The road definitely looks "lighter" getting the 8th seed, but **** that. Win and you're in.

I think the Kings exact revenge for last years playoffs and knock GSW out.

Last edited:
Dinwidee being able to defend and hit the 3 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Full Version Of The Interview Between Migos, Joe Budden, and DJ Akademiks  at the BET Awards on Make a GIF

Saw this come across the tl today… y’all agreeing with this take? If that’s the case, I’m not sure how you overcome the other team having the 2 best players in the series…

As long as Bron and AD make the same or bigger impact vis a vis Jokic and Jamal, it’s up to the OTHERS and HAM to outduel Malone and his others for 7 games.

It’s always been about the others and the coaching battle in the playoffs because 95% of the time the Big 2 gonna do their thing consistently.

Saw this come across the tl today… y’all agreeing with this take? If that’s the case, I’m not sure how you overcome the other team having the 2 best players in the series…

Yes, Murray was killing us and it's because we didn't have a Caruso who would make his life horrible.

You could say Jokic, Bron, Murray, AD 1-4.
He also wasn't getting beat defensively either. Can't say that about Bron/AD. (Granted, AD battles Jokic, but we had to pull him for Rui at multiple points.)

It's accurate to a large degree and also we just don't execute enough down the stretch. If D'Lo isn't a liability like he was last year during this series his scoring in theory could be a big factor, but can't put any faith in that at all.

Bron is healthier, they'll be more days off in between games and their bench is thinner which should make the series closer, but still don't think we can win honestly.

Biggest factor of all we can't have see-saw AD in a series against Joker. He has to be at worst the 2nd best player on the floor every single game.

DLo averaged like 5ppg last year. If he plays at his season averages its a 6-7 game series. Just that simple.

I don't think that happens again. Should DEN be favored? Sure. But I don't think DLo is Casper this go round. They're still going to pick on him defensively. But if he's hitting that 3 ball, **** changes. Let him run things and Bron can conserve a little energy for later in the game when things get tight.

It's still up to AD tho. He has to do something with Jokic. He didn't make Joker work last year after game 1. Make him guard you. AD plays well against Embiid. No reason he can't force Jokic hand and get him into some early foul trouble. Jokic is ****ing smart tho. He just plays within himself. But theres no reason a guy like AD cant bring him away from the basket and make him uncomfortable. It's going to be tough, but AD has the tools.

If AD/Bron are 2 and 3 in this series, they can win. But I'm already accounting for 15-20 point Jamal Murray 4th quarters playing out of Jokic pnrs.

Feels weird talking bout DEN and they ain't won yet, but I don't think NOP is in a rush to play them either. Vando can come back but he only gets run against their bench. Can't have MPJ/AG/Jokic all in the paint at the same time.

*Assuming LA wins tomorrow.

If Vando isn't going, Bron has to be on Murray. No way around it. This may be his last chance.

DLo on KCP, AR on MPJ, Rui on AG, and AD on Jokic.

As much as DLo played like ****. Jokic was # 1, Murray was # 2. Bron and AD didn't have bad series, but they also were not good enough to match them play by play, minute by minute.

Back
Top Bottom