**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

pmatic pmatic

Remember when I said if I had a young team I would not bring DLo in to be the “vet” leader…

1714248081514.gif

Watching OKC vs New Orleans, random play but just saw Lou Dort come all the way from the opposite side of the court to rotate on defense and ended up diving on the ball for a loose ball on the same possession... must've stood out to Reggie too because he mentioned something about championship play and effort.

So I'm wondering, how many active Lakers do you guys think would do something as simple as dive on the floor for a loose ball? All I got is Austin, and maybe Gabe...who doesn't really play much.

Being in my mid 40s and a huge Bron/Laker fan, not sure how I feel going forward w NBA. So many of the stars i enjoyed watching and playing against are near their twilight (kd, sc, dame,..). I dont really care for all these Euro players dominating the airwaves (luka, jokic) and seems like coaches are media thirsty (malone) and find it all annoying

Being in my mid 40s and a huge Bron/Laker fan, not sure how I feel going forward w NBA. So many of the stars i enjoyed watching and playing against are near their twilight (kd, sc, dame,..). I dont really care for all these Euro players dominating the airwaves (luka, jokic) and seems like coaches are media thirsty (malone) and find it all annoying

If Luka and Wemby signed with the Lakers next year you wouldn't wear a shirt the rest of your life. Let's be honest here. :lol:

I'm an older guy too and as much as I love basketball, I'm not really a fan of the regular season.... it's not real basketball to me.

Shoot threes and transition...basically who has the best offense will perform better... but now that actual basketball is being played we can see the real from the fake.

If you can't score or defend in the playoffs, you will get exposed. I have a personal theory that reason Rui didn't play as much earlier in the season is because the coaching staff was trying to develop him into becoming a two way player, since he has a lot of the physical tools but it just didn't work out.

The beauty of the 2020 team was that the roster was full of two way guys... KCP, Kuz, Green, AC, Lebron, AD, Javale, Dwight...hell even Morris, THT, Bradley and even Rondo had some level of two way ability. Current roster has AD, Lebron (at times), and in theory Gabe/Dinwiddie.... would kinda put Austin in this group because at least he competes, he's just not that good at it.

lakers would have probably beaten the wolves, thunder, suns, pelicans, and clippers. mavericks would be a close one, and as you can see we're getting swept by denver.

Back
Top Bottom