**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Rui, DLo, and Reaves don't cost 50 million dollars.

If you're willingly wanting to extend a guy AT THAT PRICE that can't guard the other teams best players........then good luck. I guess you'll enjoy the regular season highlights and memories.

I want the Lakers to win Championships.

Go take a nap 😂

I really don't know what you want the Lakers to do. I know you're emotional in this moment but you need to think logically. If we let LeBron walk for nothing we have no way of replacing his production because of our salary cap situation. The situation is literally

1. Have LeBron James (and all NBA player still playing at a top 10 level) or 2. Not having LeBron and being unable to replace his production. What would you choose?

If we were to let LeBron walk we might as well trade Anthony Davis as well because we're committing to a rebuild at that point (also keep in mind that we won't have our 1st round draft pick in 2025 so there's literally no point in rebuilding at this point).

Some of you guys are emotional and just don't think logically. How does letting LeBron walk for nothing that the Lakers any closer to a championship?

Go take a nap 😂

I really don't know what you want the Lakers to do. I know you're emotional in this moment but you need to think logically. If we let LeBron walk for nothing we have no way of replacing his production because of our salary cap situation. The situation is literally

1. Have LeBron James (and all NBA player still playing at a top 10 level) or 2. Not having LeBron and being unable to replace his production. What would you choose?

If we were to let LeBron walk we might as well trade Anthony Davis as well because we're committing to a rebuild at that point (also keep in mind that we won't have our 1st round draft pick in 2025 so there's literally no point in rebuilding at this point).

Some of you guys are emotional and just don't think logically. How does letting LeBron walk for nothing that the Lakers any closer to a championship?

They think if we go backwards enough, we'll circle back into a championship.

I don't want to sign a 40-year-old player for 3 years at 160 million

You're not thinking logically!!!!

:lol:

I know Bron is focused on Vegas, but maybe we can give him a wink-wink deal for future ownership. I mean he practically has it now. :lol:

So not playing dudes against the defending champs who haven’t seen action on a NBA court in MONTHS is dumb? 😂 yall just be saying stuff to just to be saying stuff…
Shoulda signed Dwert tbh. That's at least 6 fouls to throw at Jokic, then if he scores even 1 basket, that's a plus! That's what held us back.
#logic

Signing Lebron is just like Melo, Dwert, & Russ.
They're all old, and they are all equally skilled.
No different.
#absolutethinking

Realistically speaking Darius Garland is a KLUTCH client, can give you the same production as Dlo if not better and is coming off a down season.

Might be able to sign him

I don't want to sign a 40-year-old player for 3 years at 160 million

You're not thinking logically!!!!

:lol:

And all NBA player wants to sign a multi-year contract with your team and if he doesn't sign you have no way of replacing his production, what would you do if you were the Lakers GM?

Let him walk for nothing? Be below .500 and then hand your pick to New Orleans? What would C CP1708 the GM do? You seem to be doing a lot of complaining without offering a single solution.

Realistically speaking Darius Garland is a KLUTCH client, can give you the same production as Dlo if not better and is coming off a down season.

Garland signed through 27/28
he will also make 2x whatever contract d'lo ends up getting.

id rather get cp3 for free

I don't think we can sign him out right, we are over the cap. It would need to be a sign and trade

And all NBA player wants to sign a multi-year contract with your team and if he doesn't sign you have no way of replacing his production, what would you do if you were the Lakers GM?

Let him walk for nothing? Be below .500 and then hand your pick to New Orleans? What would C CP1708 the GM do? You seem to be doing a lot of complaining without offering a single solution.

ah-****-here-we-go-again-ah-****.gif

i can see why people want to full reset. it was sort of fun rooting for the young lakers (BI, randle, hart, zo) with zero expectation and getting small (moral) victories in seeing their progress. some people see teams like the magic or OKC and their success. its rewarding seeing the process through.

but the reality is, is the lakers are sort of in purgatory where they have a top 10 talent in AD and potentially an aging lebron who is still a top 20 player. trading AD to go full rebuild is unrealistic and franchise suicide. especially if you're not getting a player like SGA on a rookie deal (this is key, IMO).

"The coach is holding us back!"
Or... the roster is inferior to high-end teams.
"Moron!"

"The age of 1 of the best guys on our team is holding us back!"
Or... the roster is inferior to high-end teams.
"Moron!"

Same tunnel vision analysis that THEY sell as 'seeing the bigger picture.'

Back
Top Bottom