**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

I’m not trynna blame Rui tho. I put the loss more on the regular season. They didn’t prepare properly and didn’t take the regular season serious all year long. It’s no surprise the team couldn’t play a solid 48 minutes and would constantly run out of gas.

I’m an optimist and I’m always going to bet on bron in a game 7 but I don’t think this team was going to beat the nuggets in a game 7 at Denver. Our only chance was Kcp/Murray being hurt but they exaggerated tf outta Murray’s injury to the point I don’t even believe he was ever hurt lol.

With all that said, shoutout to my guy AD. He’s done enough to prove we always have a chance at a ring if he’s playing. The game turned when AD injured his shoulder and he wasn’t as impactful in the 4th post injury but those are the breaks. You take the good with the bad.

Honestly tho no matter how immature I think Dlo is, that ham quote yesterday was inexcusable and he should’ve been fired immediately.

He really should’ve been fired when he questioned laker fans living and dying by every game and saying it’s a marathon not a sprint. That was an absolutely ridiculous quote.

Honestly tho no matter how immature I think Dlo is, that ham quote yesterday was inexcusable and he should’ve been fired immediately.

He really should’ve been fired when he questioned laker fans living and dying by every game and saying it’s a marathon not a sprint. That was an absolutely ridiculous quote.

Was he calling out Reaves, Dlo, or both? Quote was hilarious :lol: . He knew he was outta there so he had to get it off his chest.

Dlo saying he dominated the season and it was only one game where he stunk and he's looking forward to doing what he did in game 2 in game 3 (even though they lost in game 2) to come out and drop 0 in game 3 is an all-timer.

This is after calling out Ham and Dennis for no reason and getting locked up by Keon Ellis. Ham literally benched Dlo till the last game of the Denver series last year. He gave him plenty of opportunities.

And this is after last season in the playoffs saying Minny didn't know how to use him and proceeds to get cooked in the Denver series.

Every time he opens his mouth he comes out and plays terrible.

Get him out of here :lol:. But mostly because his flaws are too large in the playoffs.

It’s ridiculous to say out loud.

But the truth is, the NBA season is a marathon and fans overreact to everything 😂 some of people be ready to throw in the towel for a game when the Laker are down in the 1st quarter.

Dude shot himself in the foot with his own words but there were def some truths behind some of the things Ham said. Only someone incapable of reading the room would say them… chalk it up to inexperience.

Speaking facts jab step jab step

I always tried to give Dlo the benefit of the doubt because of the Byron Scott / Nick Young ****, but he’s really just an idiot. Every time he talks he says something stupid and he’s simply not a playoff player and he never will be.

I wanted him to succeed so badly here since he was the last piece to Kobe and those rebuilding years, but the sample size is large enough (4 separate playoff appearances). He's not going to cut it in the playoffs.

I'll put aside all the stupid things he says because ultimately they are harmless and it seems like his teammates love him. But from an on-court perspective, if he isn't hitting shots, he's not going to bring much else in a playoff game.

I'm a big fan of his passing ability, but even that falls off in the playoffs.

It’s ridiculous to say out loud.

But the truth is, the NBA season is a marathon and fans overreact to everything 😂 some of people be ready to throw in the towel for a game when the Laker are down in the 1st quarter.

Dude shot himself in the foot with his own words but there were def some truths behind some of the things Ham said. Only someone incapable of reading the room would say them… chalk it up to inexperience.

I totally agree. What he said made sense, but not coming from him. If a vet coach/established coach said it, it would be looked at differently.

Right message, wrong messenger, and wrong time.

Who goes after Dlo, and for what price? I don't see teams really offering him much at all. Where would he even fit? This may help the Lakers retain him for the low as a backup plan if they can't get someone better.

I see Orlando is interested, but how much would they offer him?

Not sure if you really want to spend the entire regular season relying on him and when the postseason comes around his one dimensional style can really hurt you.

I’m not sure the answer of how to proceed with him.
I always had my eye on Rui in WAS. I did.
The trouble is this, I think: it's easier to be 'the guy' on a team going nowhere... ever. It's a dangerous thing to learn: that the season doesn't matter. You don't learn performing under pressure... ever.

Different sport, but what we're seeing from Rui right now, (decent in the regular season, frustrating playoffs), this is what I think would happen if Trout were on a consistently contending team, and he's one of my all time favorites.

Rui was good against Denver and everybody else in the playoffs last year. This was the worst series of his career. Could've swung a game

The idea that coaches make players do things (like closeout) or prevent players from doing things (like pass better) is frustrating. 😂🤦🏻‍♂️

1714528746001.png

Conspiracy guys said Ham took off his Laker gear as soon as the buzzer sounded because he knew this was it.

😂 I love the internet.

Who goes after Dlo, and for what price? I don't see teams really offering him much at all. Where would he even fit? This may help the Lakers retain him for the low as a backup plan if they can't get someone better.

I see Orlando is interested, but how much would they offer him?

Or they could just lose him for free.

Sign him and get it over with. Far riskier to piss somebody off, especially one who beats to his own drum.

Or they could just lose him for free.

Sign him and get it over with. Far riskier to piss somebody off, especially one who beats to his own drum.

What do you think he gets on the market?

And Dlo has no leverage and isn't good enough to get "pissed" off.

He is 100% going where the money is.

What do you think he gets on the market?

And Dlo has no leverage and isn't good enough to get "pissed" off.

He is 100% going where the money is.

It’s not about “what he can get on the market” it’s about him saying “If I leave, I create a huge hole for your roster that you can’t replace easily, if at all.”

There is also a level of reasonableness that both sides would need to negotiate with.
DLo isn’t getting max money. Nobody thinks he will including him. But the Lakers also won’t be able to offer him pennies on the dollar. The likelihood is somewhere around what he’s getting now. Possibly slightly more should he really flirt with leaving and take money elsewhere even if it’s less AAV within a mil or 2, but more years.

The reports regarding last year’s negotiation was Lakers wanted a 2 year guaranteed deal. DLo asked for the opt out. In return DLo waived his no trade.

There’s a bunch of contracts throughout the NBA where guys bleed a few million a year extra from a team because they run out of resources.

and if he’s going to whoever pays the most money, that’s your few million in his direction.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom