**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

my hot take is that trading for Lauri (and keeping AR) would be smarter than trading for Trae.
I didn’t name any specific names but said the Lakers need a PF more than anything and the response was if AD played next to another center he’d probably average 55 ppg and 72 rpg because he wouldn’t be using so much energy guarding Joker.

PF or C doesn’t matter. As long as AD has a LEGIT BIG STARTING AND CLOSING NEXT TO HIM, the Lakers can guard opposing frontcourts interchangeably with AD and said Big

For example - Lauri and AD. AD would still guard Jokić but with Lauri on AG, the Lakers would then move Bron to MPJ. The beauty of AD getting help from Markannen who btw averages double digit rebounds, is it allows AD to not have to focus solely on guarding the paint and getting all the boards. Ntm Lakers would have the edge putting Lauri on AG, something they didn’t have when Bron was on Gordon. Advantage: Lakers in this scenario.

You might as well kick the stupid sarcasm to the curb gritty gritty, cause I’m going to battle you on this notion til I drop dead or until AD proves to the world he can win a chip being the sole big man in a 1-Big Laker lineup, whichever comes first.

It’s clear some folks lack common sense.

Last edited:
I think it's important to get a center to play alongside and to back up AD, but not sure I want to dedicate more than $5-6M.

But I kind of see a pathway for a Jarrett Allen for Rui and asset(s) this summer if the Lakers want to go that route.

Lack of awareness by Pelinka just cause Conley is “old.”
When we acquired DLo, I said we should’ve gone after Conley instead . But I bet Pelinka thought the battle tested clutch vet Conley was washed and because DLo is younger….lol

And sure enough Conley today is playing like the Conley of MEM when he had an all star Big Man playing next to him

Lakers gon Lakers

Last edited:
Paraphrased but essentially: "Even with your sarcasm, I'm right and you're wrong. I'll keep saying how and why I'm right till I drop dead."
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Why LIE? There you go Lyin out ya mouth again.

Quote what I really said and show your buddy what I actually wrote

Either way, considering the topic discussed….I am right 100%

Has AD won a chip as the lone big in a 1-Big starting lineup? Been saying it the last couple years.

Have the Lakers beaten the Nuggets going 1-Big? Been saying it the last couple years LOL

I’m 100% right and you know it

Last edited:
Hey grittyman grittyman

PF or C doesn’t matter. As long as AD has a LEGIT BIG STARTING AND CLOSING NEXT TO HIM, the Lakers can guard opposing frontcourts interchangeably with AD and said Big

For example - Lauri and AD. AD would still guard Jokić but with Lauri on AG, the Lakers would then move Bron to MPJ. The beauty of AD getting help from Markannen who btw averages double digit rebounds, is it allows AD to not have to focus solely on guarding the paint and getting all the boards. Ntm Lakers would have the edge putting Lauri on AG, something they didn’t have when Bron was on Gordon. Advantage: Lakers in this scenario.

You might as well kick the stupid sarcasm to the curb gritty gritty, cause I’m going to battle you on this notion til I drop dead or until AD proves to the world he can win a chip being the sole big man in a 1-Big Laker lineup, whichever comes first.

It’s clear some folks lack common sense.

I think it's important to get a center to play alongside and to back up AD, but not sure I want to dedicate more than $5-6M.

But I kind of see a pathway for a Jarrett Allen for Rui and asset(s) this summer if the Lakers want to go that route.
Tell me more…

So Lauri is the move? I like it a lot.

At first, I was high on Rui, but I'm willing to use him as a piece if need be.

Quote what I really said and show your buddy what I actually wrote
I said 'Paraphrased.' Direct quoting is not how paraphrasing works.
Either way, considering the topic discussed….I am right 100%

Has AD won a chip as the lone big in a 1-Big starting lineup? Been saying it the last couple years.

Have the Lakers beaten the Nuggets going 1-Big? Been saying it the last couple years LOL

I’m 100% right

Tell me more…
I think the Cavs could look to separate Allen and Mobley in the off-season, in which case they would keep Mobley and shop Allen.

I think Mobley and Rui works as a frontcourt. Rui can score from the perimeter, while Mobley takes care of the interior on both ends.

Allen is very good, but I'm not sure I want the Lakers to dedicate $20M of their cap to him. But it's apparent the Lakers need to invest more in a center to support AD.
So Lauri is the move? I like it a lot.

At first, I was high on Rui, but I'm willing to use him as a piece if need be.
Lauri is not getting traded. In fact, he's probably getting an extension this summer from the Jazz.

Lauri is not getting traded. In fact, he's probably getting an extension this summer from the Jazz.

Allen is definitely more “getable” than Lauri. To get Lauri we would have to offer all 3 of our picks with light protections. Maybe they get by with 2 unprotected picks in the 2030s but I doubt it.

Basically, the same package for Mitchell or Trae would be required for Lauri. You might be able to keep AR tho because Lauri’s salary isn’t that high yet.

I think the Cavs could look to separate Allen and Mobley in the off-season, in which case they would keep Mobley and shop Allen.

I think Mobley and Rui works as a frontcourt. Rui can score from the perimeter, while Mobley takes care of the interior on both ends.

Allen is very good, but I'm not sure I want the Lakers to dedicate $20M of their cap to him. But it's apparent the Lakers need to invest more in a center to support AD.

If Allen is consolation for not having to spend an arm and a leg on a solid big, I’ll take him all day long. If Pelinka is willing to pay Rui $17 million per, Jarrett Allen is surely worth at least $15-18 mil as well.

I said 'Paraphrased.' Direct quoting is not how paraphrasing works.

The problem with you paraphrasing is that your paraphrasing is off.

Remember when you paraphrased me and you wrote that I said Ham was the ONLY problem with the Lakers when in fact I said Ham is the MAIN problem not the only problem? You’re better off quoting me directly if your paraphrasing is just as way off as Darvin Ham’s rotations and decision making lol

Now that everyone has finally realized that Ham was in fact the MAIN problem all season long, what does that say about how RIGHT aka valid I was about my yearlong analysis of this poorly coached team?

Yep, you got it!

:lol:

Back
Top Bottom