**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

We're going to trade draft picks into 2030 and 2032 to try and add another "star" to Bron and AD, and those 3 could take up roughly $150-160 million and we'd still need 8-12 other players to go with them, and then have a new coach, and we're going to hear about "it takes time" "need to build cohesiveness" and "it's hard to introduce so many new faces, new schemes" etc etc etc.

:smh:

If I were Pelinka, I'd find a way through hell and back to re-acquire Caruso who, along with Rondo, were their two most valuable guards in 2019-2020

Rob also needs to find a player who can take on the role that Rondo had in 2020 as the team's floor general not named Bron.

Conley should have been that guy but Pelinka wanted a younger "three point shooter" instead so he went after DLo and DLo's team deflating ego lol

Here's hoping The Robfather has FINALLY REALIZED that a three point shooting identity will never be a Bron-AD team's identity.

Lakers need Size, Defense, high IQ two-way players, and more inportantly a 2-Big lineup for 36-40 minutes per game if they want to taste another championship not named IST

“Yeah DLo opt into this deal, that you don’t want to opt in to, so we can trade you.”

Might as well cross off path 2. And look at only a modified version of path 1.

What's funny is that the two best teams in the West aren't anywhere close to being known as a volume three point shooting team and instead both teams' frontcourts are loaded with Size and Length amd focus on scoring inside the paint.

Hmmm wonder what that means 🤔 :lol:

ADVERTISEME😂
Screenshot_20240502_100606_Chrome.jpg

Conley should have been that guy but Pelinka wanted a younger "three point shooter" instead so he went after DLo and DLo's team deflating ego lol
you do remember that conley's deal was 1 year longer than d'lo's right
the idea of taking d'lo was to possibly free up cap space in the summer of 23 to potentially whale hunt

and theres a reason conley was being moved just like d'lo as well, both had and still have their shortcomings

you do remember that conley's deal was 1 year longer than d'lo's right
the idea of taking d'lo was to possibly free up cap space in the summer of 23 to potentially whale hunt

and theres a reason conley was being moved just like d'lo as well, both had and still have their shortcomings
I'm still taking Conley over DLo even for one extra year because that extra year coincides with Bron and AD's contract.

And if the Lakers would have been successful with Conley like Minnesota has been with him, here's what you get as a result.....a happy and loyal veteran TEAM PLAYER who contributes mightily to the playoff success of your ball club NTM a discounted rate should the team decide to extend him....
Screenshot_20240502_102118_Chrome.jpg

Wouldn't Pelinka love to have a Rondo type floor general and leader for $10 mil per while extending Bron and AD through 2026? I know I would

I'm still taking Conley over DLo even for one extra year because that extra year coincides with Bron and AD's contract.

And if the Lakers would have been successful with Conley like Minnesota has been with him, here's what you get as a result.....a happy and loyal veteran TEAM PLAYER who contributes mightily to the playoff success of your ball club NTM a discounted rate should the team decide to extend him....
so easy to be a monday morning quarterback with this isnt it

would we have made the WCF with conley instead of dlo? you cant answer that
did we make it that far with dlo, yes

ddnt d'lo get a new contract with the lakers in the summer of 23 ? yes

also what have the twolves done exactly ?
its surprising that all your praise is on this little floor general and not on their "imPact BigS"

so easy to be a monday morning quarterback with this isnt it

would we have made the WCF with conley instead of dlo? you cant answer that
did we make it that far with dlo, yes

ddnt d'lo get a new contract with the lakers in the summer of 23 ? yes

also what have the twolves done exactly ?
its surprising that all your praise is on this little floor general and not on their "imPact BigS"
That’s why it’s called an opinion

I like Conley better and I think the Lakers would have done better with Conley, regardless of what we did with DLo and him helping us get to the WCF where he choked.

It’s all woulda coulda shoulda banter at the end of the day. There’s no telling what would have happened if we had Conley but the facts and history PROVES Conley is a playoff performer, just like Rondo was in his younger years and why it was genius to sign him to the Lakers.

What has DLo proven in the playoffs in his career? Certainly not as much as Conley, who excels when he plays next to an All Star Big Man, as history has shown us.

As far as Minny’s three impact bigs, I’ve spoken enough about them and the impact of multiple bigs that there’s little to no additional explanation needed.

We are about to see starting Saturday how impactful KAT, Rudy, Naz, and Conley will be against the defending champs as it should serve as yet another blueprint for the Lakers to follow should MIN prove successful and outlast the champs.

we need Rondo, he's a savant
not sure about his "people skills" tho

would be a nice F you to Celtics fans, having their boy get us #18

keep em

give me ANT instead
ANT ain’t happening for as long as MIN is winning. And if MIN wins the chip this year they certainly are going to keep their franchise player there.

What the Lakers need right now isn’t a franchise player cause they still have Bron. What they need are the Reid’s, Gobert’s, the McDaniel’s, and the Conley’s that make a team a championship contender when all the pieces fit

Lakers have a better chance at Wemby in 4 years if Popovich doesn’t build a winner in San Antonio

Should have traded D.lo....

Really should have.

Would have had to attach a pick with him for a worse player.

Hawks weren’t trading Murray for him.

At best it would have been Royce O’Neale and DFS for DLo, one of the minimum guys and a 1st

Whoever we hire, I hope cp3 and Rondo both end up on the staff. Would love for AR to learn from some talented guards.

I like Reddick, with a few seasoned guys on the bench.

I'd love to have Rajon back, he already has a connection to our top guys plus it'd be nice for AR to learn under him. Look to involve AD all day.

GAME NIGHT!!!
Let's tie it up tonight and REALLY apply that
P R E S S U R E
🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

Back
Top Bottom