**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

lakers_parade_big.jpg

F Budenholzer
He is from the Popabich tree and he gave us Ham lol
Let’s not forget how much popabich hates the lakers, filing all those complaints over the years about the Gasol trade, CP3 trade, always talking ****

I’ll take Lue or Reddick.

My wishes: Sign my guy Max Chrstie on a good long-term contract. 4 year-10 million, get em' while he's young locked up and bet on his potential.

Free agents I'd pursue (bigger fish): Carushow, Derrick White, Markkanen, Myles Turner, Sengun, Donovan Mitchell (Player option)

Budget bets (if you can get em on a good deal): Jalen Mcdaniels, Terrance Mann, Jonathan Isaac, Nickeil Alexander-Walker, Jalen Johnson (RFA), Isaiah Jackson (RFA), Thybulle (player option), Naz reid (player option)

This is a wild list :lol:

Pelinka told Woj I will give you the Ham news first if you paint the team in a good light. :lol:

Last edited:
I like Ty Lue, lots of unique rotations/adjustments. My main issue is he loves going small too :lol:. JJ Redick.. nah, we're good on another first-time coach.

Valanciunas got played off the court, couldn't keep up with OKC spacing. They kept going to him to post-up and was reasonably effective, but ultimately let Chet go off and was literally unplayable.

My wishes: Sign my guy Max Chrstie on a good long-term contract. 4 year-10 million, get em' while he's young locked up and bet on his potential.

Free agents I'd pursue (bigger fish): Carushow, Derrick White, Markkanen, Myles Turner, Sengun, Donovan Mitchell (Player option)

Budget bets (if you can get em on a good deal): Jalen Mcdaniels, Terrance Mann, Jonathan Isaac, Nickeil Alexander-Walker, Jalen Johnson (RFA), Isaiah Jackson (RFA), Thybulle (player option), Naz reid (player option)
I think you are looking at the wrong summer, these guys aren't free agents until next summer (2025). :lol:

I think you are looking at the wrong summer, these guys aren't free agents until next summer (2025). :lol:
Damn, I got mixed up thinking it goes into next year :lol:

2024 summer: Hartenstein, Miles Bridges, Caleb Martin. Throw the MLE at em and pray

Damn, I got mixed up thinking it goes into next year :lol:

2024 summer: Hartenstein, Miles Bridges, Caleb Martin. Throw the MLE at em and pray
I'll be honest, if they go the MLE route, there's no one I really love. Royce O'Neale is okay, but he stinks in the playoffs and I think the Suns will overpay to keep him anyways. Maybe De'Anthony Melton if the Sixers get Paul George?

Someone at one of these press conferences needs to ask Rob Pelinka or Jeanie Buss how is it going to be any different this time when they hire the new coach compared to the last 6 head coaching failures they’ve hired since the 2011-12 season.

Mind you the next coach is going to be their 7th head coach since Phil retired in 2011. 8 if we’re going to count JB Bickerstaffs 2-3 game stint as interim coach in 2012. Not a single one of those coaches have lasted more than 3 seasons.

Don’t get twisted. Darvin Ham wasn’t the answer. But the Lakers issues are much more organizational. When you’re constantly firing coach after coach and don’t have much to offer as an organization aside from past accolades. Well then you end up getting Darvin Ham and Luke Walton caliber coaches. Like why would any coach or up and coming coach worth a damn leave a likely stable situation to coach a 40 year old Lebron and a team that’s likely going to have an insane amount of roster turnover.

Should've just ponied up for Ty Lue. Dude was in the bag until they insulted him with a lowball offer.

Think it was moreso them not letting him bring in his own staff. I don't know how sick he is of the Clippers situation, but we need to make it happen come hell out high water.

Think it was moreso them not letting him bring in his own staff. I don't know how sick he is of the Clippers situation, but we need to make it happen come hell out high water.
Probably both because the Lakers seemed adamant about wanting to hire Kidd and Handy (granted Lue had Handy in Cleveland).

Back
Top Bottom