**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

So nothing to do with team?
The reason the greatest Bulls strain ever came in his 30s instead of 20s... PAST his athletic prime... is just because of talent & experience?
(Mind you: you've already thwarted the idea that age unequivocally means worst results, but I won't tell C CP1708 if you won't.)

I think you're twisting some of the age stuff a lil bit.

MJ was 32 when they won 72. He just came in off a 17 game season, switching back to full time Basketball.

He wasn't all that far past his athletic prime at all. A few years later, THAT was past his prime.

Bron, is past his prime. Unequivocally. And we might give him a 3 year deal + trade draft picks clear into 2032.

vlnyjd3eziyc1.jpg

I think you're twisting some of the age stuff a lil bit.

MJ was 32 when they won 72. He just came in off a 17 game season, switching back to full time Basketball.

He wasn't all that far past his athletic prime at all. A few years later, THAT was past his prime.

Bron, is past his prime. Unequivocally. And we might give him a 3 year deal + trade draft picks clear into 2032.
Stretching? Your entire premise is founded on stretching.
"Old = flawed"... despite countless examples showing that's a flawed hypothesis. If this were an actual science experiment, you would have been laughed out of the lab eons ago, by people older than you and better.

AGAIN: Look at his stats last year. Those are the stats you have in mind when you think of a 39-year-old NBA player?
Rhetorical question. Of course they're not. Treating something different as everything similar is illogical.

Who's wondering how Lakers management is this dumb, to not have the AWARENESS to realize that what bothered Jokic in 2020 still bothers him today

BUT BUT BUT..........some of you would say....."The Jokic of 2024 is not the same Jokic of 2020 and he's better now" LOL

Rudy, KAt, and Naz bout to put on their best Dwight, Javale, AD impression right before your eyes

if AD doesn't get another 6'10-7'0" banger in the starting 5 with him next year, the Lakers will lose in the playoffs once again to DEN and even worse MIN.

I know Pelinka is smarter than Ham so I'm sure The Robfather is going to give his next head coach the pieces needed to overcome DEN and MIN.

OKC will sook find out against DAL that Holmgren alone aint gonna it against Gafford, Lively, Kleber

Been saying this xxxx since 2021 but I'm happy folks are starting to see the light. And if you ain't, then you probably of that same ilk as Darvin Ham:lol:

Last edited:
Stretching? Your entire premise is founded on stretching.
"Old = flawed"... despite countless examples showing that's a flawed hypothesis. If this were an actual science experiment, you would have been laughed out of the lab eons ago, by people older than you and better.

AGAIN: Look at his stats last year. Those are the stats you have in mind when you think of a 39-year-old NBA player?
Rhetorical question. Of course they're not. Treating something different as everything similar is illogical.

I...........ok, just so I'm understanding you.......

LeBron, IN THE HISTORY OF THE NBA.......ONLY.....LeBron, has been this good at age 39.

And you are saying there are countless examples??????

I'm not even sure where you are going with this, but it's the wrong way. Even while being very good, he's not what he once was. He WAS Top 1-2 player in the league. Then it was more Top 5. Now he's Top 10-12ish. Steep dropoff? No, not at all. But actual dropoff, yes. And that will continue..........as we give him raises and continue to come up short in terms of what our actual goal should be.

If you believe he is going to be the first exception that will carry a team to a title at 40 and beyond (making 50+ million dollars) I disagree 1,000%.

If you believe he could be a solid contributor to a title team at age 40 as a 4th option (making 15 million dollars) I could be talked into that.

I...........ok, just so I'm understanding you.......

LeBron, IN THE HISTORY OF THE NBA.......ONLY.....LeBron, has been this good at age 39.

And you are saying there are countless examples??????

I'm not even sure where you are going with this, but it's the wrong way. Even while being very good, he's not what he once was. He WAS Top 1-2 player in the league. Then it was more Top 5. Now he's Top 10-12ish. Steep dropoff? No, not at all. But actual dropoff, yes. And that will continue..........as we give him raises and continue to come up short in terms of what our actual goal should be.

If you believe he is going to be the first exception that will carry a team to a title at 40 and beyond (making 50+ million dollars) I disagree 1,000%.

If you believe he could be a solid contributor to a title team at age 40 as a 4th option (making 15 million dollars) I could be talked into that.
Countless examples of how the guy we're talking about doesn't fit your hypothesis, yes.
You keep asking questions... but won't answer mine. 🤔😂

Countless examples of how the guy we're talking about doesn't fit your hypothesis, yes.
You keep asking questions... but won't answer mine. 🤔😂

I've already answered it multiple times bro. No, what he did at 39 was great. Truly. Offensively.

That does not mean he's the same as he was at 31 in terms of impact on the overall game.

This should be your only focus Ska. That sums up every detail.

LeBron is coming off the season where he played 71 games, will likely be 2nd team all-NBA averaging 26/7/8 on high efficiency, shot 40% from three and is a top 10 player in most advanced metrics... and you're asking this player to make $15M and be a fourth option?

I'm sure that every team in the league could be "talked into" getting 26/7/8 and 40% shooting from three for $15M/year 😂

Jaylen Brown averages 23/5/3 on worse efficiency and he'll make $50M next season.

LeBron is coming off the season where he played 71 games, will likely be 2nd team all-NBA averaging 26/7/8 on high efficiency, shot 40% from three and is a top 10 player in most advanced metrics... and you're asking this player to make $15M and be a fourth option?

I'm sure that every team in the league could be "talked into" getting 26/7/8 and 40% shooting from three for $15M/year 😂

At age 40, yes.

If you gonna pay him 50+ million, then we aren't actually building to win a title.

HE may be worth the money, but the lack of talent you can put around him limits what the team can do.

Thinking a 40- year old Bron would be the “fourth option” on a Laker title team even though dude is still averaging 26-8-8 while shooting a career high from deep is one of the most asinine takes in recent memory

Newsflash: Bron as the #1 or #1A option on the Lakers today can STILL win a title if he’s surrounded by the requisite amount of size and length and legit bigs NTM a coach with a brain.

And Pelinka can do this even if Jeanie is paying Bron $50 mil.

The big question is….how savvy of a recruiter and deal maker is The Robfather?

Cause I guarantee you if Jerry West or Jerry Buss were still around, they’d know exactly how to construct this roster in light of the competition they need to match up with

I understand what CP is saying...

But the reality is Bron isn't going to take 15.

Duncan did what he wanted to do....doesn't mean every aging star is going to do what Duncan did...

But Duncan's performance at that time is no where near what Bron is doing.

Bron is here to stay as long as he wants. It's up to him

But the reality is Bron isn't going to take 15.

Exactly correct. :nerd:

Folks getting hung up on the wrong details.

"Check his stats!!!!!!"

I have, thoroughly.

Points, rebounds, assists, all great still. Kudos to him. Better shooting from 3. Bravo.

Now look at defense. Or on/off numbers. :nerd:

Bron was +220 this year. Great job. Does anyone know that he had NINE STRAIGHT years at over +400 and since he's been a Laker he's hit that mark ONCE?

Dude had years at +800. +600. +500.

Correlation?
His defensive ratings have done nothing but get worse.
The first 13 years of his career his WORST defensive rating was 104. He had some 99's, 101's etc. 104 was his worst. For 13 years.

His last 3 years? 111, 113, 114.

I'm not saying he's not a good NBA player. He is. He 100% is. Top 10ish. But there IS falloff. And his salary is going UP.

His counting stats remain great, his impact stats are not. He doesn't close the gap like he did 10+ years ago. He played with garbage teammates in Cleveland and in Miami but he could overcome them in his youth, he can't anymore. And yet we give him even more money (which won't help improve his teammates) and he will still not be able to overcome the team's shortcomings.

I'm sorry. But building around Bron/AD isn't going to fix play-in team status and first rounder fodder. Giving away more future draft picks, hiring/firing another coach or two...... :smh:

Exactly correct. :nerd:

Folks getting hung up on the wrong details.

"Check his stats!!!!!!"

I have, thoroughly.

Points, rebounds, assists, all great still. Kudos to him. Better shooting from 3. Bravo.

Now look at defense. Or on/off numbers. :nerd:

Bron was +220 this year. Great job. Does anyone know that he had NINE STRAIGHT years at over +400 and since he's been a Laker he's hit that mark ONCE?

Dude had years at +800. +600. +500.

Correlation?
His defensive ratings have done nothing but get worse.
The first 13 years of his career his WORST defensive rating was 104. He had some 99's, 101's etc. 104 was his worst. For 13 years.

His last 3 years? 111, 113, 114.

I'm not saying he's not a good NBA player. He is. He 100% is. Top 10ish. But there IS falloff. And his salary is going UP.

His counting stats remain great, his impact stats are not. He doesn't close the gap like he did 10+ years ago. He played with garbage teammates in Cleveland and in Miami but he could overcome them in his youth, he can't anymore. And yet we give him even more money (which won't help improve his teammates) and he will still not be able to overcome the team's shortcomings.

I'm sorry. But building around Bron/AD isn't going to fix play-in team status and first rounder fodder. Giving away more future draft picks, hiring/firing another coach or two...... :smh:

You aren't making a bad point.

But what you say isn't a guarantee either.

Is it likely we win a chip with Bron/AD as the core? Probably not likely.

Impossible? No...not Impossible.

Back
Top Bottom