**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

There are valid points to both sides but for me there’s always the possibility of something random happening (like injuries) to where I wouldn’t blow it up. The Lakers have a competitive team and if it were my decision I would try and upgrade around the margins without completely mortgaging the entire future… maybe just send out one pick or a swap, something like that.

Step 1 - Trade DLo (obviously)
Step 2 - Trade Rui (probably)
Step 3 - Hope for internal improvement from AR and Vando

DLo is a long shot of getting traded in the off-season. During season, maybe. But he's either on the roster opening night, or took a contract elsewhere.

All I will say is this…

If, and that’s a big IF, we talking hypothetical AD trade I need picks AND a promising up and coming young player. Something like a Shai/pick haul for PG13… and yeah it doesn’t have to be 15 years of unprotected lottery picks but it better reload the cupboard or what are we talking about?

1714944356811.jpeg

Four stats made the difference for the Lakers:
-Nuggets starting forwards scored 4 more points than the Lakers starting forwards (Rui). That shouldn't happen, that isn't a Bron criticism.
-Nuggets starting forwards had 38 more rebounds than the Lakers starting forwards including 23 to 10 on offensive boards. This is a Bron and Rui criticism.
-Lakers shot 15 more FTs only made 4 more
-Lakers had 32 less FGs.

Game 2 - You are a DLo gets hit in the face, somehow it gets overturned to not a foul and no FTs, an MPJ circus shot, and a Bron missed open shot from winning going to LA 1-1.
Game 5 - 7 missed FTs in the 2nd half and AD not having his shooting arm from being up 3-2 in an alternate timeline.
(Yes same thing from last year).

Rebounding from a backup 5. And a defender with competent shooting between DLo/AR and AD/Vando/Bron

Last edited:
🗣 LOUDER!!!
Some of us have been Laker fans for a long time…we’ve seen some really good teams and I think we have a pretty good idea of what a CHAMPIONSHIP team looks like.

This ain’t it. But they’re competitive bc of the greatness of AD & Bron.

We know the type of role players you need to win titles…

Don’t have many of em on this roster currently.

So either get Bron and AD those type of guys or stop wasting everyone’s time. And if Rob can’t figure it out, get him outta here too.

Some of us have been Laker fans for a long time…we’ve seen some really good teams and I think we have a pretty good idea of what a CHAMPIONSHIP team looks like.

This ain’t it. But they’re competitive bc of the greatness of AD & Bron.

We know the type of role players you need to win titles…

Don’t have many of em on this roster currently.

So either get Bron and AD those type of guys or stop wasting everyone’s time. And if Rob can’t figure it out, get him outta here too.
Agreed. Just a few pieces away.
"Yeah! And ditch the senior citizen!"
Then we'd be MORE than a few pieces away.

Star players
Role players; specifically bigs & shooters.
Bench players

We're good on 1; tighten up the other 2.

What say ye?

Welp, no way Minny can win it all.
36?! 🤮
AND Gobert over 30?!
I'll be surprised if they win another game.
Also the Finals is clearly going to be Cavs & Thunder.
Freaking old guys taking a break from bingo night to defend other old guys is pathetic.
FB_IMG_1714956282899.jpg

Damn, I should have posted that pic.

6 out of 40 remaining starters. :wow:

Even I didn't realize it was that big a gap. :frown:

Thank you for helping me with even more evidence.

Siakam is really over 30?!?!?!? :lol:

Damn, I should have posted that pic.

6 out of 40 remaining starters. :wow:

Even I didn't realize it was that big a gap. :frown:

Thank you for helping me with even more evidence.

Siakam is really over 30?!?!?!? :lol:
I shouldn't be surprised that THAT'S your take but here we are. 😂
I need Minny to win it all now. 😂 #reasons

I shouldn't be surprised that THAT'S your take but here we are. 😂
I need Minny to win it all now. 😂 #reasons

Fam, Minny's two best players are Ant and Kat. 22 and 28.

You pointing out 4th and 5th options as age benefits to your argument are going exactly against what I have been trying to to tell you. (Ad nauseum)

I explained (about a dozen times) Kap was 40......and Magic, Worthy, Scott, Green, Coop etc did the heavy lifting.

Bron AS A LOWER OPTION could win again (say, with an Ant and Kat type carrying the heavy lifting) but as a top option, his days are done.

KCP is a 5th best starter.
Jrue is a 4th best.
Siakim is a 3rd.

Kyrie is the only one on that list that is a Top 2 player on his team.

Imagine comparing 40 year old Kareem to 40 year old Bron, whose production at 40 was double Kareem’s production at 40.

Bron is still a top 2 option on his team for 2 more years minimum and all you gotta do is surround him with championship pieces, $50million per year notwithstanding

You aren't making a bad point.

But what you say isn't a guarantee either.

Is it likely we win a chip with Bron/AD as the core? Probably not likely.

Impossible? No...not Impossible.
and without them we definitely aint winning anything anytime soon

with the right players they have a chance

go get drummond. and get a good rebounding forward

Back
Top Bottom