[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters

(awaiting skas response)

nerd.gif
Both teams played hard.
happy.gif

This is amusing, though, seeing y'all shocked over someone I've been calling selfish for almost 20 years do something selfish.

"He's not selfish! He played through injuries!"

"What about Shaq's lazy self screwing us?! Kobe would never screw us!! Kobe cares about winning! Does whatever it takes to win!"

About that...

*back to drinking these rapidly falling tears*

That's y'all's dude.
happy.gif

And now some of you are gonna backtrack now that I've posted, talking about "I'm just upset at what he's done to us right NOW. He still got us those 5 chips, for which I'm thankful. GLOAT."

No he didn't, and no he's not.
happy.gif

*drinking more tears*

I'm not usually the "I told you so" type, but... zebras can't change their stripes, and the selfish can't be anything other than self-interested.

Now y'all can quote me and direct the vitriol you have for Kobe... at me.
happy.gif

*catches more tears in a cup for later*

laugh.gif
@ everyone who didn't believe me when I said this would happen

I laughed at the notion of Kobe taking $5mil, and was greeted with "He would never, and if he expects that, he can walk," and "Lakers FO isn't that stupid."

It's like a chick being in an abusive relationship that I try to help her out of calling me one night, shocked that her dude snapped and broke her jaw. "Well I never," she says while I'm sitting there like "I'VE BEEN TELLING YOU FOR YEARS!"

For years.

I've been telling you.

No Shaq. No Phil. Kobe's show.

Enjoy it. Stick by him. We're gonna do... swell.
happy.gif
happy.gif

Seriously for NT'ers pn here what would have been an acceptable per year on Kobe's extension would have been acceptable for you guys ?

If he agreed to $10 or $12 million a year, NT'ers still would b"tch'ing on here.
AGREED.

Lakers may have plenty of cash, but there are cap thresholds, you cant just go an get any player you want.

Lakers will only have enough cash available for one max player.

So yeah, its actually a issue.

and what does brooklyn have to do with this?

Brooklyn is paying the luxury tax.... Lakers can afford to pay it and I dont think Kobe is getting as much $ on the ext.

Who else is the lakers going to get besides Kobe?

So... what are you anti-tank guys thinking now?
That #14 pick or 8th seed this year will sure help us in 2016 huh....

Our 2015 pick is top 5 protected... we're gunna suck next year but with a healthy Kobe (and hopefully stud lottery pick) all year I don't think we'd be top 5 bad)
I don't see us getting our pick next year so all of a sudden this year's pick is even bigger to the future of the franchise.

**** Kobe. Never liked him, never will. He helped put us in a terrible position and Mitch and Jim happily went along.

God damn it.

To what?

I've been saying for a long time that I didnt see any chance of Lebron opting out and coming here.

Melo I DO NOT WANT period !
People were expecting something, and now that this happened, they have to lower their expectations even more.

Lakers weren't getting a top 5 pick this season with or without Kobe.. Quit dreaming.

Even with the 3rd toughest schd to start, we are .500%

There are teams that are worst than us, that will still that way

Are we all trading in our Kobe shoes and jersey's now?
yup, going to burn all the size 10 kobes I can find this coming weekend. So send them over

iswydt

(awaiting skas response)

nerd.gif
Both teams played hard. :D

This is amusing, though, seeing y'all shocked over someone I've been calling selfish for almost 20 years do something selfish.

"He's not selfish! He played through injuries!"

"What about Shaq's lazy self screwing us?! Kobe would never screw us!! Kobe cares about winning! Does whatever it takes to win!"

About that...

*back to drinking these rapidly falling tears*

That's y'all's dude. :D

And now some of you are gonna backtrack now that I've posted, talking about "I'm just upset at what he's done to us right NOW. He still got us those 5 chips, for which I'm thankful. GLOAT."

No he didn't, and no he's not. :D

*drinking more tears*

I'm not usually the "I told you so" type, but... zebras can't change their stripes, and the selfish can't be anything other than self-interested.

Now y'all can quote me and direct the vitriol you have for Kobe... at me. :D

*catches more tears in a cup for later*

:lol: @ everyone who didn't believe me when I said this would happen

I laughed at the notion of Kobe taking $5mil, and was greeted with "He would never, and if he expects that, he can walk," and "Lakers FO isn't that stupid."

It's like a chick being in an abusive relationship that I try to help her out of calling me one night, shocked that her dude snapped and broke her jaw. "Well I never," she says while I'm sitting there like "I'VE BEEN TELLING YOU FOR YEARS!"

For years.

I've been telling you.

No Shaq. No Phil. Kobe's show.

Enjoy it. Stick by him. We're gonna do... swell. :D

how much is the fo responsible for? they have to be held accountable as well.

Yeah Pau would of definitely won those 2 rings without Kobe.

:lol:

This is getting funnier as the day goes by.

Carry on. Highly entertaining :lol:

does anyone know if his contract is split up evenly like at 24 a year?

or 5 mil next year and 43 the next? hahahaha

People don't get it. Revenue this, revenue that. Pay him for the past. What? They vastly overpaid him to the tune of at least 20 million dollars over two years. No team was going to give Kobe half of what the Lakers gave him. They could have kept him for a lot cheaper. As far as contracts go, you pay players for future performance.

Back
Top Bottom