Lakers Are Now NBA's Most Valuable Team... Vol. Sorry New York!

Lakers pass Knicks as NBA’s most valuable team
3 hours, 40 minutes ago

NEW YORK (AP)—The Los Angeles Lakers have surpassed the New York Knicks asthe NBA’s most valuable team, according to Forbes’ annual report.

The magazine (www.forbes.com/nba) said Wednesday that the Lakers’ value hadincreased 40 percent since last year to $900 million thanks to its blockbusterTime Warner TV deal. The Knicks’ value increased 19 percent to $780 million witha boost from the renovation of Madison Square Garden. The Chicago Bulls, DallasMavericks and Boston Celtics round out the top five.

Despite a shortened season, the average team is worth $393 million, up 6.5percent from last year, aided by the new collective bargaining agreement.

The Milwaukee Bucks are the least valuable team at $268 million.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-teamvalues

I'm surprised the Knicks have been more valuable for this long. Lakers have 10 championships since 1980, I don't even feel like googling the last time the Knicks won
laugh.gif

Safe to say the modern basketball Mecca is out in LA.

Originally Posted by urbano wears nikes

8. Golden State Warriors $450 million 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I expect the Warriors to maybe slide up a couple spots if they could get healthy and make the playoffs.
pimp.gif

I'm also surprised the Rockets are 7th overall.

Originally Posted by MoonMan818

Originally Posted by urbano wears nikes

8. Golden State Warriors $450 million 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I expect the Warriors to maybe slide up a couple spots if they could get healthy and make the playoffs.
pimp.gif

I'm also surprised the Rockets are 7th overall.
you haven't watched the Warriors this year Have you?

Shocked Mavericks are valued more than the Celtics, even if the just won.

Also surprised that Lakers dethroned the Knicks. You would think since they brought in Amar'e, Tyson, and Carmelo within a span of about 14 months that they would definitely be the most valuable, but I guess not.

Also where is Miami? How are they not higher with two of the best players on the planet?

What's operating income?
nerd.gif

I guess locale really does play into value, because OKC is #15.

Back
Top Bottom