Lakers OFF-SEASON IS A WRAP

How Many Regular Season Games Do You Think Kobe Will Play This Year?

• 1-10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 11-20

• 21-35

• 36-49

• 50-65

• 66-75

• He Plays The Entire Season

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember summer league in Long Beach was so awesome. It was low key and you could easily meet the players. I remember I met Bynum, farmer, Abdul Jabbar, Richard Jefferson. I Remember one day Mitch kupchak was literally siting right behind me in the stands It was open seating and if there early you can just walk up to the players with no resistance.

Yeah I miss and remember those days also.

It was nuts and Laker fans camped out for tickets in Summer 96 when we got Kobe.

Same thing also when we got Andrew Bynum.

But yeah I remember when me and a friend went to the Long Beach pyramid during Bynum's rookie summer and as I was walking in Mitch Kupchak was walking right besides me into the arena.

Last edited:
I think I read somewhere that Lakers won't sign D'Angelo Russell to his rookie contract until after free agency.Due to salary cap reasons.

Like what happened last with Julius Randle where he signed his rookie contract, I think in game 2 during the Vegas summer league.

Hopefully they are able to get Aldridge to agree to a contract before the first summer league game so Russell can play all the summer league games.

The moratorium ends on July 8th, so that's basically two days before the first summer league game.

I think I read somewhere that Lakers won't sign D'Angelo Russell to his rookie contract until after free agency.Due to salary cap reasons.

Like what happened last with Julius Randle where he signed his rookie contract, I think in game 2 during the Vegas summer league.

Hopefully they are able to get Aldridge to agree to a contract before the first summer league game so Russell can play all the summer league games.

Because his salary will end up 20% higher than his cap hold.

Every $ counts.

Soumaila Samake (African technically)?

I think it was Machine, because he always seemed like an emotional guy.

2le56wj.gif

Why not just wait it out til next season to try to get AD he's restricted but I don't think he stays in new Orleans

How do the bird rights work?  I think you have to be with a team for 3 years before you get them correct?  So say the cavs re-sign Lebron at the max, Shumpert, and JR Smith would they even have room for Love if they don't have Bird rights?  With Kyrie, Bron, Varejao, Shumpert, and Smith they would have to have at least 60 mil or so wrapped up in cap.

How do the bird rights work?  I think you have to be with a team for 3 years before you get them correct?  So say the cavs re-sign Lebron at the max, Shumpert, and JR Smith would they even have room for Love if they don't have Bird rights?  With Kyrie, Bron, Varejao, Shumpert, and Smith they would have to have at least 60 mil or so wrapped up in cap.

As long as they don't renounce his Bird Rights..... They can go over the cap to keep him.

As long as they don't renounce his Bird Rights..... They can go over the cap to keep him.

But don't you have to be with a team for X amount of years before you even get Bird rights?

That's if you sign in FA.

But if you are traded, and the trading team had Bird Rights, they are given to the new team.

So the Bird Rights he had with the Wolves were transferred to the Cavs.

Last edited:

But if you are traded, and the trading team had Bird Rights, they are given to the new team.

Ahh gotcha I see.  This sounds dumb, but if Lebron waits it out like he is planning on doing to see what Love does, is there any situation where the Cavs don't have the caps space to re-sign him since they wouldn't have bird rights?  I know its a pipe dream.

Gotta overpay to steal him from GS. You need a guy like that to win a chip. $16 is not that much when the cap goes boom

That would be one of the worst signings in recent Laker history.... Randle has potential to be everything Green is and more.

Let GSW or NYK overpay.

Ahh gotcha I see. This sounds dumb, but if Lebron waits it out like he is planning on doing to see what Love does, is there any situation where the Cavs don't have the caps space to re-sign him since they wouldn't have bird rights? I know its a pipe dream.

No.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom