[::LAKERS vs. NUGGETS GAME 7 Thread | SATURDAY 7:30pm TNT | Win or Stay Home::]

Originally Posted by knightngale

a lot of the time its the 4 other lakers standing still watching bynum which cripples bynums ability to get good looks the most
That is mike brown's offense + steve blake

shout out to TEAM FIRE MIKE BROWN

shoot, if he keeps playing blake this much and it costs us games i might officially hop on the Team Fire MB bandwagon

Too late. 

You now see why I was screaming for it 3 months ago, even tho it was of course crazy to fire a coach at that point, it was better than having him in the playoffs.  Now of course it's way too late, unless Kobe gets another shin injury. 
laugh.gif

If I had to guess, I would say he didn't like Ebanks on the road in a playoff game.  Probably felt the vet Blake was the safer play.   That of course would be stupidity speaking to him, but hey, I'm guessing that was his thought process, I can see where he was goin.  Not that I agree. 

On the road is when guys tighten up, see the Denver Nuggets last 2 games compared to this one.  Kobe/Bynum/Pau gotta play better in game 4, then hope either Sessions or Barnes can give that 4th man punch to seal it.  Then take care of it at home.  Otherwise, we'll need it in game 6 back in Denver, Ron's last missed game. 

Gallo bein on Kobe was another Mike tactical error.  He played Kobe at SF too damn much, instead of Andre Miller guarding Kob, it's the bigger Gallo who did a good job.  Mike should have forced that matchup with Andre by putting Barnes or Ebanks back in for Blake instead of matching double PG's.  Maybe we'll see this corrected in game 4. 

Originally Posted by vanexellent

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Nuggets front court looked huge out there tonight.

Lawson torchin' Sessions like crazy!
eek.gif

7-23 Kobe?! Sheesh...

Give Bynum the ball!
Bynum got the ball in the post. He got doubled alot which led to pass outs or turnovers. When he was singled covered in the 2nd half, he had some baskets. What Bynum needs a full game's effort on defense and rebounding. He got outplayed/outhustled by McGee. 
Like others posted, I didnt understand why Blake was on the floor in the 4th instead of Barnes. Let Kobe or Barnes guard Miller's post game.

For being in such a big hole (24pts) and coming back to make the game contestable was a good sign. Just dont be overwhelmed by a big Nuggets surge and they should be ok.

Yeah Javale played Bynum well, and scored on him. Pulled down 16 boards!
I thought this series would be a sweep but it looks like it could go 6 games.

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

This game was scripted.

LAkers want to have Metta back for the OKC series

I kind of felt that! I don't personally agree with throwing a game just to get MWP.

laugh.gif
BUT my girl changed my mind... She was like "Well it's not just Basketball, it's Chess... you gotta takes risks, if it means getting your Bishop taken away to Check mate so be it"

I was sitting on that check with that Jackie Chan Mind=BLOWN face!
roll.gif

I thought Kobe settled a lot tonight. All he was doing is shooting 3's. They weren't even playing him as hard as they were the first two games imo.

Bynum and Gasol getting out played as well.

Not even surprised Lakers lost. I had a feeling we'd at least lose 1 game in Denver. I have no idea why dudes were calling sweep after two games. Some people never learn smh

For all the dumb problems and stupid coaching that happened in that game there is one big positive I think we all should look
more closely to....

WE CAME BACK DOWN BY 24 POINTS AND CUT THE LEAD TO 4.

We had no business being in the game and we fought are way back and that showed me something about that team tonight and I liked it. Shows they finally started giving
a damb

The most alarming thing about MB & his coaching staff is that he doesn't put players in positions to be the most successful. Its like he doesn't
no who to put where, and what exact time in a certain situation lol

Everybody was fighting for it but we just ran out of gas. What I don't think most people take into account, this is a big transition year for a core that has been dominating for quite awhile
Bynum is coming into his own and trying to figure himself out. Kobe is steadfastly chasing that sixth ring before his time runs out. Phil out, Brown in. This is the beginning of Laker transition.
So everybody has to remember this is the first NBA playoffs of really, the transition to the new era of Lakers. There are going to be plenty of mistakes (especially with MB
mad.gif
) and also off chemistry.
If we actually do make it to the NBA finals that be an AMAZING feat in itself. Sorry for the rant lol

Bynum looked like a Sophomore tonight. What the hell man. He has to
show up if we would win the chip this year.

byum only plays hard when it matters... im not worried, terrible reffing on both ends tho, enough with the late whistles

Originally Posted by Lizaker4Lizife

What could possibly rationalize having Blake in the game instead of Barnes or Ebanks causing Kobe to play SF and Blake to guard Miller
Makes no sense

"Who are we?"

Originally Posted by Do Be Doo

Originally Posted by Essential1

KOBEGOD SAVE US
7-23 FG
3-10 3FG

First 2 games shot 49.5% 34.5PPG. 2 great games > 1 bad game. And he was the shooting 50% until 2 desperation shots as time (shot clock and game clock) close to half last night.. We were down big for 90% of the game for reasons other than Kobe

Essential, theres a reason why dude has been banned. He wants to upset you. Class A troll.
Just let him try really hard to get attention, he obviously has nothing else to do with his life than try to upset Laker fans.

No point in even responding bro.

Originally Posted by LiCeNseD To BaLL

Essential, theres a reason why dude has been banned. He wants to upset you. Class A troll.
Just let him try really hard to get attention, he obviously has nothing else to do with his life than try to upset Laker fans.

Ehh I thought I'd respond.. If you want to talk basketball, you have to at least know something about basketball.. Which he does not... So I thought I'd put him in his place early before it gets out of hand..

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

We need Barnes to hit those corner 3s too. Like really, really badly
laugh.gif

I'm not too worried tho, I kinda knew we would lose this game.
he missed like 3 or 4 of those.
also i still dont understand why blake is in the game guarding miller. if blake contributed offensively then i could understand why he is in the game but he doesnt contribute offfensivelyy and can not guard andre miller and he is still in the game
laugh.gif

they could have easily gone with barnes and it would have made a big difference defensively.

im glad sessions is starting to go into attack mode again.

overall that game just looked sloppy 

I am excited to see what adjustments Mike Brown makes now. It is his turn to show his coaching ability. Maybe he will counter by playing Blake the whole game? 
eek.gif
roll.gif

wait...people don't think they threw this game?
nerd.gif

The Lakers tried here and there, but it looked like they completely stopped caring with ~4 min to go.

Metta didn't get suspended for the 1st round, he got suspended for 1 regular game and 6 playoff games.

So if they just swept the Nuggets, then they'd have to play Games 1 & 2 against the Thunder without him...so.........yeah.
nerd.gif

yeah kobe's shooting % blows..it was hilarious when a reporter brought it up...and he just played it off saying 'he was old' LOL kobe...

Originally Posted by MrONegative

nerd.gif

The Lakers tried here and there, but it looked like they completely stopped caring with ~4 min to go.

Metta didn't get suspended for the 1st round, he got suspended for 1 regular game and 6 playoff games.

So if they just swept the Nuggets, then they'd have to play Games 1 & 2 against the Thunder without him...so.........yeah.
nerd.gif
I really think they did
laugh.gif
We got the next two games.

Originally Posted by MrONegative

nerd.gif

nerd.gif

Ehh, I find it hard it to believe this team just threw the game. I don't even understand the motive behind giving a playoff game away.

Now, I will say they did look sluggish from the start. But I can't intentionally say they gave the game away.

There's no way in hell the Lakers gave the same effort last night as they did the first two games. Bynum wasn't even doing anything until the 2nd half.
I think we should be alright tomorrow now that they know what to expect.

Originally Posted by LiCeNseD To BaLL

The hell? Who are you again? Never seen you post on here.

Look my man prayed his "kobegod" would save this team from losing game 3. Kobe didn't. Maybe next game he will. Who knows.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

Too late. 

You now see why I was screaming for it 3 months ago, even tho it was of course crazy to fire a coach at that point, it was better than having him in the playoffs.  Now of course it's way too late, unless Kobe gets another shin injury. 
laugh.gif

If I had to guess, I would say he didn't like Ebanks on the road in a playoff game.  Probably felt the vet Blake was the safer play.   That of course would be stupidity speaking to him, but hey, I'm guessing that was his thought process, I can see where he was goin.  Not that I agree. 

On the road is when guys tighten up, see the Denver Nuggets last 2 games compared to this one.  Kobe/Bynum/Pau gotta play better in game 4, then hope either Sessions or Barnes can give that 4th man punch to seal it.  Then take care of it at home.  Otherwise, we'll need it in game 6 back in Denver, Ron's last missed game. 

Gallo bein on Kobe was another Mike tactical error.  He played Kobe at SF too damn much, instead of Andre Miller guarding Kob, it's the bigger Gallo who did a good job.  Mike should have forced that matchup with Andre by putting Barnes or Ebanks back in for Blake instead of matching double PG's.  Maybe we'll see this corrected in game 4. 

Just wait and see if ANY adjustments are made before you start *****ing again

Back
Top Bottom