Lance Armstrong Formally Charged For Doping by USADA - Could Be Stripped of ALL SEVEN TDF Wins

ghenges

Supporter
http://online.wsj.com/art...4577464882123553256.html

30t6p3b.gif

WOW.

i havent been genuinely shocked in a while.

This is a HUGE blow, for all sports.

Maybe drug testing will be stricter in ALL sports now.

about time...nobody should be surprised unless they were drinking that kool aid

He was the golden boy. Cancer survivor. Nike darling.

Now the world will know it was all a lie.

Originally Posted by Mr Marcus

All the people who bought livestrong bands and put money in his pocket off the premise that he won TDFs after battling cancer.  Which should have been one of the greatest stories in the history of sports, had he not been a fraud. 

Originally Posted by Mr Marcus

These charges are +@+%#@$ *%#$+%$+ 
The only reason they are going after him is because the rode on a team sponsored by the postal service, that's it. 

He never failed a test, let the man live. They're just doing this out of spite
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Ghenges

Which now leads into my question. How is this going to impact his livestrong line? Everything has been marketable for so long with his brand, to now the shoes and athletic gear. I wonder if this means the end of that with this now coming to the forefront.

We'll see

We all knew, but its actually kinda
eek.gif
that its now formal and has media attention. Time will tell to see the impact I guess.

Originally Posted by BallinBoykz

Originally Posted by Ghenges

Which now leads into my question. How is this going to impact his livestrong line? Everything has been marketable for so long with his brand, to now the shoes and athletic gear. I wonder if this means the end of that with this now coming to the forefront.

We'll see

We all knew, but its actually kinda
eek.gif
that its now formal and has media attention. Time will tell to see the impact I guess.

Nike will just market him as a villain and re-issue the bands as..

LieStrong

dont know much about the situation, but im curious to see the effect it has, whole thing is pretty interesting and might reflect more about the current and past state of sports..here's two differing posts that stood out to me from the article:

"This is weird.
He never tested positive in any of his official tests during his LONG career. The Federal Gvt dropped a probe and now another "agency" is allowed to make allegations that they have yet to back up with any specific facts. Meantime because of these unsubstantiated "allegations" an athelete is banned from competing in another sport. And I thought in "due process" one was no guilty until a trial of some sort.
This agency should either put facts on the table pretty darn quickly, or back away. This is an unacceptable process.
By all means stop cheating, but do so in proper and acceptable manner."

vs

"Sorry guys. He took PEDs Performance Enhancing Drugs to win and he beat a field that were all on PEDS. So in effect he beat everyone at their own game. In todays game you can't compete without these supplements.
He was tested and caught but got a pass from the French who wanted to promote the sport. I'm not sure why their is such an outrage. Is everyone so naive?"

its the same crap from before, nothing will come of it just like the rest of the crap over the years

laugh.gif
Haven't most top TDF riders over the past ten years been accused of doping though?

Which one of them ISN'T? That'll be the surprise
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom