Laney 14 High (2023)

IMG_8341.jpeg

Comparison to Toros

I may be the only idiot that didnt notice, but who knew that the logo on the ankle had a protective plastic cover on it?? Had my Toros since release day and just now noticed the plastic on it. They look so much better now
Yep, the hologram on 13’s come with it also.

Excellent in hand, just like the Gingers. I knew it.

But yea someone explain why Gingers have a fabric Jordan on the pull tab plastic at top of tongue. Where as the yellow plastic tab on the tongue of the laneys are just bare with jordan embossed into it?

They improved comfort on the 14's? The last pair I owned was the last shots from 2011 and those felt like bricks to me also the quality was horrible with glue everywhere.
I can’t speak on 2011 14’s. I liked how OG 14’s felt for sure. The 2005 Last Shots felt ok, and the 2018 was better. But yea these Laney’s def feel nice on foot.

IMG_7492.jpeg
IMG_7493.jpeg
IMG_7494.jpeg

Hard to pick which one but probably the lows.
Slight differences:
- the teeth and midsole have a pearly white look on the lows. Bright white on the mids.
- yellow plastic on the tongue is lighter/brighter and more matte finish than the mids. More flexible on the mids.
- All of the yellow is darker on the mids, except the stitched jumpman, it’s pretty much the same
- inside vent is a bit larger on the low
- blue shade is a bit darker on the low

IMG_7492.jpeg
IMG_7493.jpeg
IMG_7494.jpeg

Hard to pick which one but probably the lows.
Slight differences:
- the teeth and midsole have a pearly white look on the lows. Bright white on the mids.
- yellow plastic on the tongue is lighter/brighter and more matte finish than the mids. More flexible on the mids.
- All of the yellow is darker on the mids, except the stitched jumpman, it’s pretty much the same
- inside vent is a bit larger on the low
- blue shade is a bit darker on the low
Whatcha drinking Blue Moon?

Finally was able to see them in person after getting outside for once.

Was not feeling the look of the shoe all that much really.

Maybe cuz the lows are a certain grail of mine & there are just a tad too many differences 🤷

Are the shark teeth on the midsole gonna age into a pearl look or was that another change?

Probably just look for another pair of lows to have on ice instead.

Back
Top Bottom