Las Vegas: Things to do OUTSIDE of the Strip?

Been to Vegas a number of times, but visiting a friend there who lives about 15-20 minutes outside of the strip. What's there to do? Museums/hiking/landmarks/etc.

I also checked out the sneaker guide in regional, but there doesn't seem to much else. Thanks!

I usually try and get to the Premier Outlets, UNDFTD and theres always Fremont st. I usually just stay on the strip and waste my money shopping and gambling so that's about all I know of off the strip. Have fun man I'll be there the end of August and can't wait. Let me know if you do something off the strip that's worth the trip.

Drive home
laugh.gif

Haha it's really that bad? Lol. I was thinking of taking a day-trip to the Hoover Dam or something. I'm not averse to driving a lil bit outside. Of course i'll be partying at night, but what the heck am I gonna do all day lol.

no ones trying to hike when it's 100+. try back in the spring when it's cool for that.

If you go this month USA basketball has a scrimmage against the Dominican Republic next Thursday. Also there is summer league going on the last 2 or 3 weeks of July.

Theres a Yoshinoya near UNLV.  Sort of a sketchy area but well worth it for a beef bowl.

Valley of Fire is great for hiking/pics, Springs Preserve is worth exploring, Hoover Dam is obvious, Mt. Charleston is the best way to escape the heat, Shelby museum near the track, county museum for an exhibit on "Lost Vegas"...hit me up if you want more.

Outlets

And there are is some Museums I think by there. Just buy a 24 Hr bus pass and take the SDE bus from the strip to The outlets

Summer League
USA camp plus scrimmage against DR
Ball at Tark
5 a side soccer near Tark
Hiking at Red Rock
Golfing
but the strip is where its at Beach Clubs, Gambling, cigar bar, etc

Hike at red rockHoover Dam is just a 30 minute driveFirst Friday downtown is coolInsert coins bar downtownBeauty bar on Sundays has some cool old school hip hop acts

I always wanted to see the Boneyard... (Neon Museum)

It's nice to see some of the Old Vegas.

Back
Top Bottom