Lasik / Epi-lasik surgery

Originally Posted by Fully Calibrated

How much does it cost? Specially around the NY area? I heard it's $1,000 per eye. $2,000 total. 
tired.gif

I spent about $600 a year on contacts, so I'm saving money in the long run (that's how I look at it, don't have lasik yet)

Originally Posted by morningstar7777

How much does it cost? Specially around the NY area? I heard it's $1,000 per eye. $2,000 total. 
tired.gif

I spent about $600 a year on contacts, so I'm saving money in the long run (that's how I look at it, don't have lasik yet)
bro, you serious? thats OD.

i bought like 6 boxes of soft daily (w/ insurance) and paid like $30. ive talked to multiple optometrists and they said that as long as you wash each of them daily, you can wear them up to two weeks.  i still have two boxes left.... $600 is crazy!

Originally Posted by morningstar7777

tired.gif

bro, you serious? thats OD.

i bought like 6 boxes of soft daily (w/ insurance) and paid like $30. ive talked to multiple optometrists and they said that as long as you wash each of them daily, you can wear them up to two weeks.  i still have two boxes left.... $600 is crazy!

I've heard of a procedure called IntraLasik where instead of the optometrist cutting the cornea its done by the laser. A more accurate cut and less chances of complications. Everything else about Intralase is the same as regular lasik.

I've heard of a procedure called IntraLasik where instead of the optometrist cutting the cornea its done by the laser. A more accurate cut and less chances of complications. Everything else about Intralase is the same as regular lasik.

I'm going to have to get this done in the future
sick.gif
I'm so blind, and it's getting worse by the minute
30t6p3b.gif

I'm going to have to get this done in the future
sick.gif
I'm so blind, and it's getting worse by the minute
30t6p3b.gif

I got it done last year the best money I ever spent. The pain lasts for a few days and you will feel dryness in your eyes. My suggestions get plenty of rest, wear the sunglasses, have a routine to put in the drops and drink lots of water. You will need to purchase the individual vials to use and will be getting some pain medication you can use for the first couple of days. Also do not go to the gym or do physical exercise for at least 5 days. I spent 4,000 and had the doctor who performed the procedure for Regis Philbin and Jimmy Fallon operate on me (watched her on his show). 

I got it done last year the best money I ever spent. The pain lasts for a few days and you will feel dryness in your eyes. My suggestions get plenty of rest, wear the sunglasses, have a routine to put in the drops and drink lots of water. You will need to purchase the individual vials to use and will be getting some pain medication you can use for the first couple of days. Also do not go to the gym or do physical exercise for at least 5 days. I spent 4,000 and had the doctor who performed the procedure for Regis Philbin and Jimmy Fallon operate on me (watched her on his show). 

I want to get these done but im #POOR. Glasses are a nuisance and keep slipping off in my line of work.

I want to get these done but im #POOR. Glasses are a nuisance and keep slipping off in my line of work.

Depends if you are doing touch or no touch

Touch = They cut your cornea, you can't do anything after the surgery and need to rest

No Touch = You can see after surgery, and less time to recover.

Depends if you are doing touch or no touch

Touch = They cut your cornea, you can't do anything after the surgery and need to rest

No Touch = You can see after surgery, and less time to recover.

was supposed to get lasik in both eyes, first eye went smooth as butter, during the incision on the second eye my eye twitched too much & the suction cup came off causing the incision to be whack.
wore a contact in that eye for 2 months, then got prk done on it (prk is where they scrape off the top layer of your eye instead of cutting it). prk was a #$%#*, drops every 10 min.

now, it was all worth it, 20/20 vision, no more contact bs. moral of my experience, dont go wired on redbulls & sugar.

was supposed to get lasik in both eyes, first eye went smooth as butter, during the incision on the second eye my eye twitched too much & the suction cup came off causing the incision to be whack.
wore a contact in that eye for 2 months, then got prk done on it (prk is where they scrape off the top layer of your eye instead of cutting it). prk was a #$%#*, drops every 10 min.

now, it was all worth it, 20/20 vision, no more contact bs. moral of my experience, dont go wired on redbulls & sugar.

Back
Top Bottom