Last week of the NBA season, time to hand out awards. 2011-2012 Lockout MVP, All-NBA, All-Defense.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Originally Posted by dreClark

Melo on none of the All NBA teams AMP?
He's been playing as well as he ever has lately but you can't dog it for half the season like he did and make it to an All-NBA squad IMO.  His FG% is the lowest it has been since his rookie year.  If the season went a couple more weeks, he would def be on it.
True.

If you're voting Ibaka as DPOY, then I might as well troll and vote for Chris Paul as DPOY because he led the league in steals. Racking up weak side blocks does not warrant DPOY honors.

Melo on none of the All NBA teams AMP?
He's been playing as well as he ever has lately but you can't dog it for half the season like he did and make it to an All-NBA squad IMO.  His FG% is the lowest it has been since his rookie year.  If the season went a couple more weeks, he would def be on it.
True.
Brought up a pretty good point, I just bought into the hype.
laugh.gif

I'd probably go Paul/Kobe/Durant/Bron/Dwight, RW/TP/Dirk/Love/Bynum, Rondo/Wade/Aldridge/KG/Tyson.

I wouldn't be surprised if Melo did make an All-NBA team though.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

LeBron is really DPOY to some of y'all? Honestly don't see him as some defensive force.

Also, surprised Shumpert is on so many people's radar.
pimp.gif
Watching the Natl Televised games I seen? Son is on that GP-stopper status. He's that good. Quick laterally, strong hands, high defensive IQ, he's a talented defender. 

He's THEEE Defender if you ask me. There is no other defender in the league who can be as disruptive/lock down positions 1-4.  CONSISTENTLY.  

MVP: LeBron James
Defensive Player of the Year: Tyson Chandler (I feel he'll get it because of his impact on NYK and Dwight being out for the past handful of games but really imo there is no better defensive player than Dwight Howard).
Most Improved: Pekovic a.k.a. General Zod
Coach of the Year: Tom Thibodeau (Slightly over Pop)
6th Man of the Year: James Harden
All NBA First: Chris Paul, Kobe Bryant, LeBron James, Kevin Durant, Dwight Howard
All NBA Second: Rajon Rondo, Tony Parker, Carmelo, Kevin Love, Andrew Bynum
All NBA Third: Russell Westbrook, Wade, Dirk, KG, Tyson Chandler
All Defense First: Iman Shumpert, Tony Allen, LeBron James, KG, Dwight Howard

Originally Posted by John Mayer

LMAO for people thinking Bron should get the MVP.

Even worse if you think Kobe deserves it THIS season.

Lebron should've won it last year, but got shafted because of the decision
indifferent.gif

Damn looks like Josh Smith is going to get snubbed again for all NBA/all defensive lol

idk what's worse..him coming in 2nd in DPOY voting in 09 and not making the 1st team all defense...or the coaches snubbing him from the all star team Smh.

Also, Marc Gasol/hibbert should be 3rd team Center. Rudy gay and blake griffin should be on one of these all NBA teams..

MVP: LeBron James

Defensive Player of the Year: Tyson Chandler

Most Improved: Andrew Bynum

Coach of the Year: Tom Thibodeau

All NBA First: Chris Paul, Kobe Bryant, LeBron James, Kevin Durant, Dwight Howard

All NBA Second: Russell Westbrook Tony Parker, Blake Griffin, Kevin Love, Andrew Bynum

All NBA Third: Rondo, Wade, Gay, Jsmoove, M Gasol

All Defense First: Iman Shumpert, Tony Allen, LeBron James, Ibaka, Chandler

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

If you're voting Ibaka as DPOY, then I might as well troll and vote for Chris Paul as DPOY because he led the league in steals. Racking up weak side blocks does not warrant DPOY honors.

You're talking like it's easy to get those "weak side blocks". It's not. And if it were then other players would have more blocks. He's registered double digits in blocks three times this season. He had seven blocks last night. Give credit where credit is due. Don't mention Chris Fall in the same sentence as a player that actually has some integrity.

Slightly trolling, but why doesn't anyone even consider giving Del Negro the coach of the year honors?

Any coach that yells and stomps his feet to distract opposing players while they shoot is automatically disqualified from any recognition.

He's a clown.

Originally Posted by dumbout227

Slightly trolling, but why doesn't anyone even consider giving Del Negro the coach of the year honors?
Because Chris Paul is their real coach.

My Vote
MVP: Kevin Durant (Lebron is going to win)
DPOTY: Serge Ibaka ( Tyson or LeBron going to win)
ROTY: Kyle Irving
Most Improved: Andrew Bynum
Coach of the Year: Tom Thibodeau
Sportsmanship Award: Jeremy Lin

All NBA First: Russell Westbrook, Kobe Bryant, LeBron James, Kevin Durant, Dwight Howard
All NBA Second: Wade, Tony Parker, Carmelo, Kevin Love, Andrew Bynum
All NBA Third: Rajon Rondo, Paul, Dirk, Lamarcus Aldridge, Marc Gasol

All Defense First: Chris Paul, Avery Bradley, LeBron James,  Ibaka, Tyson Chandler
All Defense Second: Tony Allen, Andre Iguodala, Iman Shumpert, Dwight Howard, Shawn Marion

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

True.
Brought up a pretty good point, I just bought into the hype.
laugh.gif

I'd probably go Paul/Kobe/Durant/Bron/Dwight, RW/TP/Dirk/Love/Bynum, Rondo/Wade/Aldridge/KG/Tyson.

I wouldn't be surprised if Melo did make an All-NBA team though.
I might have to flipflop again and switch out Aldridge for Al Jefferson, he's had a HELL of a year, and helped the Jazz into the Playoffs.

Great seeing the defensive love for Avery Bradley. One of my favorite young, up-and-coming players. Lockdown defender.

MVP - As much as I hate to admit it, Lebron 
grin.gif

Coach of the Year - Tom Thibideau hands down. With D.Rose injured for a third of the season and all of his other backups injured at some point or another, the Bulls still managed to have the top record in the East for the 2nd year in a row.

MVP........Lebron
DPOY......Chandler
COY........Popovich
ROY........Kyrie
6th man..Harden
MIP.........Pekovic

Back
Top Bottom