Lately, Nike has been coming out with overly flexible shoes that cause Plantar fasciitis. Why?

Lately Nike has been coming out with overly flexible shoes that cause plantar fasciitis. Shoes like the hyperize and the new hyperdunk 2010 have no torsional rigidity. You can literally bend those shoes in half. I understand the need to not wear a heavy shoe but don't come out with something that can hurt a player. While it is ok for a shoe to have some flex at the toe. For a shoe to bend in half is just unacceptable.  I remember Professor K giving an example of this in one AI's Reebok shoes. I miss the shoes with the Carbon Fiber Spring plate such as the zoom kobe1, jordan xi, jordan xii, jordan xix. It doesn't even have to be carbon fiber spring plate, the Zoom Flight 95 had excellent rigidity and it was a plastic shank plate. Common sense says a shoe isn't suppose to bend in half. No wonder the head trainer of the Pistons banned the Nike Hyperize from being worn.  Also if you noticed on the Bulls both James Johnson and Taj Gibson got plantar fasciitis from wearing the Hyperize. When that happened, James wore the Jordan retro XII which has excellent torsional rigidity. When I tried the Hyperdunk 2010 in the store, I liked everything about it except for the lack of torsional rigidity.  I wish Nike would go back to putting out shoes that don't bend in half.

Lately Nike has been coming out with overly flexible shoes that cause plantar fasciitis. Shoes like the hyperize and the new hyperdunk 2010 have no torsional rigidity. You can literally bend those shoes in half. I understand the need to not wear a heavy shoe but don't come out with something that can hurt a player. While it is ok for a shoe to have some flex at the toe. For a shoe to bend in half is just unacceptable.  I remember Professor K giving an example of this in one AI's Reebok shoes. I miss the shoes with the Carbon Fiber Spring plate such as the zoom kobe1, jordan xi, jordan xii, jordan xix. It doesn't even have to be carbon fiber spring plate, the Zoom Flight 95 had excellent rigidity and it was a plastic shank plate. Common sense says a shoe isn't suppose to bend in half. No wonder the head trainer of the Pistons banned the Nike Hyperize from being worn.  Also if you noticed on the Bulls both James Johnson and Taj Gibson got plantar fasciitis from wearing the Hyperize. When that happened, James wore the Jordan retro XII which has excellent torsional rigidity. When I tried the Hyperdunk 2010 in the store, I liked everything about it except for the lack of torsional rigidity.  I wish Nike would go back to putting out shoes that don't bend in half.

1. The pistons trainer "ban" didn't even work. Players continued to wear them anyway.

2. The Hyperize was hit or miss for everyone. I personally didn't like it, but a lot of members on this board swear by them.

3. Get the ZK5 and you will not have any issues with your "torsional ridigity". Supernatural Creators are a good choice as well if you're still into the mids.

1. The pistons trainer "ban" didn't even work. Players continued to wear them anyway.

2. The Hyperize was hit or miss for everyone. I personally didn't like it, but a lot of members on this board swear by them.

3. Get the ZK5 and you will not have any issues with your "torsional ridigity". Supernatural Creators are a good choice as well if you're still into the mids.

Back
Top Bottom