Latino's and Hispanic's.....read this

Originally Posted by keepzdasneakz

What Mecks said...don't allow them to step all over you, especially when you say most of the perps are 17? Come on...

Yup....tell them your name and make it clear that you don't appreciate the ignorant comments.  If it continues, report them to your supervisor. 

Originally Posted by throwedyonasb

people call me lil wayne all the time... is that racist??
Spoiler [+]
which i hate and will prolly respond with a stoneface.  
Yes it is. I get Drake a lot

The worst was when in college. "Which team are you on?" I'm just 6'2 and as a freshman I only weighed about 170. Not big enough to be an obvious football player and not tall enough to be an obvious bball player

Originally Posted by youngdoc

Spoiler [+]

The worst was when in college. "Which team are you on?" I'm just 6'2 and as a freshman I only weighed about 170. Not big enough to be an obvious football player and not tall enough to be an obvious bball player

racist- racial prejudice or discrimination

idk mann.. i highly doubt that they mean it in bad spirit.  id rather call them ignorant.  

Originally Posted by VeintiSiete

i can relate

people always see me and say "yo Enrique Iglesias!"

or "Mario Lopez, whats up man?" "Antonio Banderas, how you living?"

people
30t6p3b.gif

Dat humble brag in full effect
roll.gif

My name is Marcos and for some damned reason people call me Carlos when they either clearly read 'Marcos' on the paper or hear me say it.

But yes, its annoying that people think that all spanish speaking people are "mexicans." Like really? Theres a massive difference between a mexican and a dominican. We may speak the same language but we have different customs and traditions within our culture.

Ignorant people are everywhere. Just ignore them and get yours fam
pimp.gif

Spoiler [+]

Idk man. I went to a highly rated undergrad and the way the convo would go it was obvious they were implying I could only be there because of athletics.

Usually I would respond with "I'm not on a team, just here for academics" and they hit me with the
indifferent.gif

OR

When they would ask about scholarships (clearly referring to athletic ones) I would respond "Yes, I'm on scholarship. An academic one" and they hit me with the
indifferent.gif

You can call it whatever but it was shocking to these people that a black male could be at this school w/o using sports.

It's like when everyone calls Ninjahood black even though he defines himself by his Dominican culture and not by the color of his skin.

Originally Posted by goDie

It's like when everyone calls Ninjahood black even though he defines himself by his Dominican culture and not by the color of his skin.

Reported.

Chrispcb15 wrote:
At the Gaylord Hotel National in DC/PG....its a third party job...I work for Kodak inside the hotel....Im 21 and most of the people i work with the ages range from 17-24 but its seems like the younger ones are the most ignorant one's....

Is that the hotel at the Harbor? Just curious.
Either way people come and go don't let it phase you. I work at a Hispanic store thrown in a low-income community (mainly whites/blacks). They stereotype all the time, but I don't let it get into my head. Just keep your head in check go to work and cut all ties or small talk with those whom laugh at your ethnicity. In the end, you'll be the last one laughing when karma hits.

As a Black American I'm really sorry that you guys have to constantly go through this.  I know first hand how this feels
and no person should have to go through it.  Stay strong and turn your frustration into the fuel that motivates you towards success.  Success is the best revenge against ignorance.

Idk man. I went to a highly rated undergrad and the way the convo would go it was obvious they were implying I could only be there because of athletics.

Usually I would respond with "I'm not on a team, just here for academics" and they hit me with the
indifferent.gif

OR

When they would ask about scholarships (clearly referring to athletic ones) I would respond "Yes, I'm on scholarship. An academic one" and they hit me with the
indifferent.gif

You can call it whatever but it was shocking to these people that a black male could be at this school w/o using sports.

well dambb... mann ignore those dudes and keep doin what you been doin..

Originally Posted by Supermanblue79

As a Black American I'm really sorry that you guys have to constantly go through this.  I know first hand how this feels
and no person should have to go through it.  Stay strong and turn your frustration into the fuel that motivates you towards success.  Success is the best revenge against ignorance.

bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

Originally Posted by Chrispcb15

Hispanic's are the most venerable for racism

COME TO MIAMI ....ITS RUN BY CUBANS

THEY TREAT US AS " MURANO "
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by VeintiSiete

i can relate

people always see me and say "yo Enrique Iglesias!"

or "Mario Lopez, whats up man?" "Antonio Banderas, how you living?"

people
30t6p3b.gif
I see... 

Originally Posted by onewearz

Be a man and handle your biz, first time they called u anything but your name u shut it down.

Simple .....

There it is.

Originally Posted by Chrispcb15

Originally Posted by laker4lifeman

You should report them man. What kind of job is it?
At the Gaylord Hotel National in DC/PG....its a third party job...I work for Kodak inside the hotel....Im 21 and most of the people i work with the ages range from 17-24 but its seems like the younger ones are the most ignorant one's....

Just put them in their place if and when they do this to you. 

I'm not Hispanic or Mexican, but you could subtitute what you said for other minorities as well, verbatim. Sadly that's just how it is. The best way to stop that
stuff, is to prevent it from happening in the first place. If you make people feel comfortable enough to crack jokes like that on you, they'll continue to do it.

Originally Posted by MrBrown

They are doing it on purpose g

step your wittiness up cause you cant lose that verbal warfare

this. usually. i walked in to a business to drop of an invoice and some dude called me, "pancho's son", i said nothing because i've experienced this before. I think that showing no reaction and throwing a subliminal jab at them usually shows them i'm not an idiot. But seriously man, those people will die out in evolution.

Back
Top Bottom