[LC] Air Jordan 1 Bred Toes - I Need Help on This One

Hey guys, these just arrived. But these are giving off some red flags:
  1. Smell was different than usual
  2. Line trace marks around the red leather portions
  3. Box dinged a little on the corner
  4. Insoles aren't fitted in 100% correctly

Thank you. Only thing that is throwing me off are the lines tracing the borders of the red leathers.
I think that's from the machine they use to cut the leather. Not sure if my bred toes have it but i've def had pairs like that.

Thank you. Only thing that is throwing me off are the lines tracing the borders of the red leathers.
Couldn't even tell but is it a faint line tracing around the top 2 lace holes wings panel? Think I see a line there but that definitely doesn't make them fake. Everything is perfect. They're legit.

I think that's from the machine they use to cut the leather. Not sure if my bred toes have it but i've def had pairs like that.

I see. That's good to know. This is the first pair that I received with that tracing. Thank you.

Couldn't even tell but is it a faint line tracing around the top 2 lace holes wings panel? Think I see a line there but that definitely doesn't make them fake. Everything is perfect. They're legit.

The line is much more apparent in-person. But thank you. I am now reassured.

Y Yafayn , I think these are fake. Here's a side by side comparison of my retail vs. the suspected pair:

1. Fat swoosh
2. Black leather portion above wing logo significantly taller - you can see it from the back too
3. Red color is different
4. When viewed from the back, the suspected pair is much skinnier
5. Not pictured but the lace holes are so poorly made compared to my retail pair - very poor overall craftsmanship
6. Tongues feel different
7. Box lids are different - swoosh logo stamp placement and missing swoosh stamp at the bottom

I'm going to return these. Not comfortable.

Last edited:
Y Yafayn , I think these are fake. Here's a side by side comparison of my retail vs. the suspected pair:

1. Fat swoosh
2. Black leather portion above wing logo significantly taller - you can see it from the back too
3. Red color is different
4. When viewed from the back, the suspected pair is much skinnier
5. Not pictured but the lace holes are so poorly made compared to my retail pair - very poor overall craftsmanship
6. Tongues feel different
7. Box lids are different - swoosh logo stamp placement and missing swoosh stamp at the bottom

I'm going to return these. Not comfortable.

9bDwfQF.jpg

If that tongues feel different and that is the box lid to the same shoe size to your retail pair then these are undoubtedly fake. I'm stunned at this. Can you check the stitching on the inside of the tongue...see any difference in stitching?

If that tongues feel different and that is the box lid to the same shoe size to your retail pair then these are undoubtedly fake. I'm stunned at this. Can you check the stitching on the inside of the tongue...see any difference in stitching?

Unfortunately, I packed it up already for return. Seller quickly accepted my return request with the description and pictures that I provided.

My retail pair is a size 10 and suspected pair is a size 9.5. These had too many red flags from the start and I discovered more as time went on. Better safe than sorry.

Unfortunately, I packed it up already for return. Seller quickly accepted my return request with the description and pictures that I provided.

My retail pair is a size 10 and suspected pair is a size 9.5. These had too many red flags from the start and I discovered more as time went on. Better safe than sorry.

Ah I see, well then they were probably still legit. Had me questioning everything for a second :lol:

I was gonna say everything you're pointing out is negligible. I personally bought a pair from FTA on RD that I let go and it had a bright red that made my other pair look burgundy. Height and shape can be terribly off sometimes too - but that coke bottle shape at the back is always there even in your pics. Good thing you just returned them, I can tell you were not happy with them at all. It's hard to keep a pair that bugs me like that too lol

Ah I see, well then they were probably still legit. Had me questioning everything for a second :lol:

I was gonna say everything you're pointing out is negligible. I personally bought a pair from FTA on RD that I let go and it had a bright red that made my other pair look burgundy. Height and shape can be terribly off sometimes too - but that coke bottle shape at the back is always there even in your pics. Good thing you just returned them, I can tell you were not happy with them at all. It's hard to keep a pair that bugs me like that too lol

Yeah I was not happy with this one. I would have been doubting the pair every moment I saw it. The lace holes were very poor made too, as if they were stamped TWICE - made an 8-like shape. Have you seen that too?

Yeah I was not happy with this one. I would have been doubting the pair every moment I saw it. The lace holes were very poor made too, as if they were stamped TWICE - made an 8-like shape. Have you seen that too?
Can't say I've seen any so bad to notice.
I'm an idiot, just realized the box lid had incorrect labeling too. smh

Can't say I've seen any so bad to notice.
I'm an idiot, just realized the box lid had incorrect labeling too. smh

Yes, exactly. The labeling is off - the swoosh logo on the top should be near the edge. I checked all my other lids for the 1s and they were consistently at the top edge. Plus, it's a lot lighter. Furthermore, there's no swoosh stamp at the bottom.

Last edited:
IKR it's mind boggling. I still can't see anything wrong with the shoes, but that box lid is way out there. Sheesh nothing beats buying in-store on RD. That's peace of mind.

Yeah for sure. I got some legit waverunners on eBay and feel like I earned a PhD examining them.

Looking at those pics again the texture pattern on the midsole May have been a little different also? I always find that to be a distinctive feature of the 1s.

Yeah for sure. I got some legit waverunners on eBay and feel like I earned a PhD examining them.

Looking at those pics again the texture pattern on the midsole May have been a little different also? I always find that to be a distinctive feature of the 1s.

Wow see? Another difference. TOO MANY.

Here are a few pics of the ones I got off of Poshmark that I was able to dispute and return.

They seemed so real I was hesitant on sending them back.

Attachments

• 57034828-1C30-44C0-B3D8-DD2E0302B276.jpeg
    57034828-1C30-44C0-B3D8-DD2E0302B276.jpeg
    311.5 KB · Views: 20
  • 53285CE8-ACE2-4FBC-9035-0A4D7255AD16.jpeg
    53285CE8-ACE2-4FBC-9035-0A4D7255AD16.jpeg
    277.1 KB · Views: 29
  • 47EEF42F-8E74-46DA-BA42-D425535970C8.jpeg
    47EEF42F-8E74-46DA-BA42-D425535970C8.jpeg
    329.8 KB · Views: 29
Here are a few pics of the ones I got off of Poshmark that I was able to dispute and return.

They seemed so real I was hesitant on sending them back.

If they come laced up like that, they're more than likely fakes.

Back
Top Bottom