E79106CC-07A5-43FE-82E0-BDC149DA631E.jpeg
5D391A3B-1C88-4D0B-B806-ED82781E31C5.jpeg
668B6982-D725-49D0-AC09-994150667906.jpeg
BCA1CB76-4CF2-480C-8F49-528521F2F42D.jpeg
876B79B1-391D-4D89-A395-DCB28F83A589.jpeg
30AF3B38-26ED-46C4-AD47-4E602BC89ED8.jpeg
77E0406A-B4BD-4C17-BB6B-15D1350444B4.jpeg
Hey everyone,

It's been awhile since I have been on here and I hope everyone is well! I need a legit check on some FTL 3's. So here's the rundown on these. I purchased them on eBay and they were lower than the going rate on StockX but they were listed as new. However, I noticed that it looked like they had been worn in the pics and went ahead and purchased anyway because it was still a price I was willing to pay. I figured somebody thought they wouldn't get past a StockX inspection (they would not have because the sock liners had lint and there was dog hair in there).

Long story short, I am trying to make sure they are legit. Here is what I have noticed. They do have a texture around the lace holders so that is good. They do seem to be on point with the heel and stitching from what I can tell. The insoles seem okay from what I have seen and the bottoms are stamped on the inside including model and size. This was a clear giveaway on the fakes from what I have seen. I also used a black light to check the heels tabs and the only thing that glows is the stitching. I saw that many of the fakes have the whole plastic piece lit up.

I compared them to my JTH Super Bowl 3's from Nike and they seem to be good. Just wanted to see if anyone sees anything that is off from the photos. I can provide more if needed but tried to show the areas mentioned.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and I will be sure to like the responses!

Thanks again and take care!

-Kurt

JRepp23,

Thanks! The only thing that looked off was the insole because I have seen some that aren't as detailed. I know there are several factors that come into play when doing the graphics on those so wasn't sure if it was an issue. I do think almost everything checks out and I appreciate the response!

-Kurt

JRepp23,

Thanks! The only thing that looked off was the insole because I have seen some that aren't as detailed. I know there are several factors that come into play when doing the graphics on those so wasn't sure if it was an issue. I do think almost everything checks out and I appreciate the response!

-Kurt

these match up exactly to mine

and good look with the plastic lace hole or whatever, I mentioned that before and while I don't have fakes I don't think they've got them textured yet while all authentic do.

you pair looks spot on legit

these match up exactly to mine

and good look with the plastic lace hole or whatever, I mentioned that before and while I don't have fakes I don't think they've got them textured yet while all authentic do.

you pair looks spot on legit
Bert,
Thanks for the response. I have seen several checks in the model but one thing that I saw that seemed amazing was the black light on the back. I haven't seen many mentioning it but yet it seems to be a good way to check for fakes.
I appreciate the feedback, thanks again!
-Kurt

Bert,
Thanks for the response. I have seen several checks in the model but one thing that I saw that seemed amazing was the black light on the back. I haven't seen many mentioning it but yet it seems to be a good way to check for fakes.
I appreciate the feedback, thanks again!
-Kurt
did you black light (I think its dumb way to legit check IMO) match up to the fakes or what they say the legit looks like?

11E56DC7-E43F-42CD-A580-468F57D615EE.png
did you black light (I think its dum[GALLERY=][GALLERY=][/GALLERY][/GALLERY]b way to legit check IMO) match up to the fakes or what they say the legit looks like?
I have seen where the black light looks different against the heel tab. I have not personally seen it on a fake pair but have used a light on the backs of these and my JTH Super Bowl 3's that were direct from Nike. The only thing that glows is the stitching. I have seen photos that have fakes glowing throughout the whole plastic area.

I personally don't use one thing to make or break a shoe but try to gauge any useful information that I can get my hands on. Shoes will almost always have some minor flaw but if they start adding up it is usually a good indicator.

Back
Top Bottom