LC on Nike Air Jordan 4 Retro 1999 white cements

Can some folks help me w/ some insight on whether these are fake or legit? Sorry, the pics have bad lighting.

They are from eBay and I can likely get them for $400. By comparison I am considering getting a brand new pair for $550 from IndexPDX.com where I live. Looking to save a little $$$, but need to be sure it's worth it.

Thanks,

Please upload pictures..Use the mountain looking button by the paperclip.. Did you plan on Collecting or wearing?

Last edited:
Looks good..Those midsoles look mighty clean though.We're they swapped?..Size tag shot to be 100% here..Just an fyi if you didn't already know..99's are unwearable at this point without a sole swap etc..You may get 3-4 wears outta them if your lucky with OG midsoles. If your collecting, no worries.

Last edited:
I really appreciate your help on this site. It saves me a lot of time and energy. Just as an FYI I have a pair of the same shoes in the black and red and I wear them as kicks and they been holding up for over a year ( cross my fingers). Would you save the $150 or get them brand-new at a verified consignment store?

I really appreciate your help on this site. It saves me a lot of time and energy. Just as an FYI I have a pair of the same shoes in the black and red and I wear them as kicks and they been holding up for over a year ( cross my fingers). Would you save the $150 or get them brand-new at a verified consignment store?
I've personally never seen someone get that much wear from a DS 99' Bred or Cement that wasnt swapped or fakes..1- Were the Breds DS when you bought them? 2- Are you certain they have not been sole swapped, or are fakes?

If DS I WOULD NOT buy to wear. A DS pair will not live through a break in IMHO..If you don't believe me, I'd advise you to buy the cheapest pair possible so when they crumble (and they likely will pretty fast) your not out more than necessary..

Honestly I have enough reservations here to ask for size tag shots in both pairs before you proceed, but it's ultimately your call..

95/100 99' 4s will look like so when worn just a few times. Sometimes even DS they crumble.
View media item 1418096http://niketalk.com/t/316935/disint...-jordan-iv-retros-died-post-yr-imploded-kicks

The White/Cements pictured are legit... they won't be wearable though, neither will the other pair.

Wow, now I know what u mean when u say crumble, so why do people pay so much for these og's when u can't even wear,

Wow, now I know what u mean when u say crumble, so why do people pay so much for these og's when u can't even wear,
If you're a collector, simply to collect..Most people that plan on wearing them have no idea this will happen honestly or don't believe when we try to tell them..95% of the time they are just hypebeast people wanting to be that dude with the OGs at school or whatever(like anyone truly cares :rolleyes)..However some people buy to sole swap with donor 4 soles so they can be wearable again... As a collector myself I really hate to see that happen to a DS pair that's still as collectable as the pair OP posted. Now a crumbled pair I feel like it's a good thing to get them back in the mix..

Looks good..Those midsoles look mighty clean though.We're they swapped?..Size tag shot to be 100% here..Just an fyi if you didn't already know..99's are unwearable at this point without a sole swap etc..You may get 3-4 wears outta them if your lucky with OG midsoles. If your collecting, no worries.
Thanks for the information provided.  Repped. 

My red / blacks were used, but legit checked at multiple consignment stores and here. I did some research b/c it's been a while and YES, you're right, they were sole-swapped. Still a lot of use, but the "R" came off the back. Any thoughts on how to glue it back?

BTW, I passed on the shoes from WC4's above and bought the one's at IndexPDX that are DS. I talked them down to $500 :smile:

BTW, since there are a few OG 4 lovers on this thread. I just got the 4 lasers in the mail y'day and they are now close to my fav pair next to the red / blacks and my new cements. My boy also has black 5 metallic, fire red 4's, militaries, 6 pair of 11's, cement 3's, infrared 6, two pair of 7's, so should give you an impression of how nice the lasers are. The one thing I don't like, but can put up w/ is the lasers don't have the nice slope from the upper, through the laces, to the toe box like you can see from the WC4's above. The toe box is a little higher, but I'm not sure Nike will ever get back to how cool the OG's were.

Back
Top Bottom