Learn How A $27 MILLION Jackpot Winner Went Broke In 5 Years

First thing that came to mind..

tumblr_m9ty8tFZdp1qh631lo1_500.jpg

NO you wouldn't.

The moment your boss comes up to your desk like...

giphy.gif

talkin about giving you a warning for those reports being late, I guarantee you'll hit him with the...

tumblr_mbcmdl61wk1rx8lgjo1_500.gif

walkin outta there with your George Jefferson stroll.

Nope. I work in a quiet ,remote office with two other guys who I consider friends.I also work several times a month from home. My coworkers and manager are in the other side of the country and I only see em 3-4 times a year. So aint no one strolling up on my desk. :D

...and that right there will probably see you finish that cash in less years than David Lee Edwards.
lol i wont buy em louis vitton wallets everytime we go out :D 

You'll be amazed and how family changes on you, when that fast money comes in....

45:00-47:25

It was all good a week ago.

Yo good looks on this watched just the part you said and I can't wait to get home and watch the rest.

I love learning about things like this because it get your eyes open to all the :smh: that goes on... and if you were to ever come into a large amount of loot at least you'll know the ropes somewhat.

I always say that if I ever hit the lotto, I would sit down the people that matter to me and give them all envelopes. Each would get a different amount based on what I felt they need and are capable of. I would have them all sign contracts before accepting the money and one of the stipulations would be: "This is a one time gift. Spend it, save it or invest it wisely. This gift is out of my love for you, not out of obligation. After this all I owe you is what I've given you my whole life, love. If you ask me for a cent after this gift, know that I will not budge. I love you, but am not going to go broke taking care of you."

As for what I would do. I would buy a decent house on the beach in La Jolla and stretch my money. My number would be changed and only given to a handful of family. Anyone that gives my number out is cut off. I manage now with nothing close to a fortune and wouldn't act a fool with the loot. I would just paint, travel and make sure my daughters were well educated (street and classroom).

Last edited:
I imagine I would be smarter than to blow it in five years, but who knows what happens when that money comes.  I would:

Pay off the house I grew up in

Pay off a loft for my father in downtown LA

Buy myself a house and a car 

Invest a couple hundred K into Bitcoin

And then chill.  I don't keep too many friends anyway so only the folks who were down with me before could come along for the ride.

I always say that if I ever hit the lotto, I would sit down the people that matter to me and give them all envelopes. Each would get a different amount based on what I felt they need and are capable of. I would have them all sign contracts before accepting the money and one of the stipulations would be: "This is a one time gift. Spend it, save it or invest it wisely. This gift is out of my love for you, not out of obligation. After this all I owe you is what I've given you my whole life, love. If you ask me for a cent after this gift, know that I will not budge. I love you, but am not going to go broke taking care of you."

As for what I would do. I would buy a decent house on the beach in La Jolla and stretch my money. My number would be changed and only given to a handful of family. Anyone that gives my number out is cut off. I manage now with nothing close to a fortune and wouldn't act a fool with the loot. I would just paint, travel and make sure my daughters were well educated (street and classroom).

Exactly where I would want to live

Id spend 2 mil on a nice house in a good location, 1 mil on 6-7 cars that I want. Then I wouldnt allow myself to spend more than 10k a month no matter what. With the rest buy a lot of fast food franchises and watch my money grow while spending my time traveling the world enjoying life to the fullest.
I dont care about jewelry or expensive clothes or clubbing so I dont think Id blow my money. But I love expensive cars. Id be that guy on the block that has a 10 luxury car garage but lives modestly. Also the only person in my life that deserves money from me is my mom so she's be set.

Last edited:
The article says he could've gotten $2.9 mil a year for 25 years.. Which equals out just about 75 mil...

Instead he choose a 27mil lumpsum after taxes.. Wau. :x :smh:

If I won that money, a huge chunk would be put into savings, a few hundred racks to have fun with. I'd probably
quit my job and focus purely on school, have a financial adviser to help me with saving and reinvesting the money. :smokin

Last edited:
The article says he could've gotten $2.9 mil a year for 25 years.. Which equals out just about 75 mil...

If I won that money, a huge chunk would be put into savings, a few hundred racks to have fun with. I'd probably
quit my job and focus purely on school, have a financial adviser to help me with saving and reinvesting the money. :smokin

Lump sum is MUCH better if you know what you're doing.

You can flip that 29m into 100's of millions.

This guy was on that 'Lottery Changed My Life Show' - need some NT detectives to find it. Guy was incredible, had matching yellow Lambo's and $12,000 dolphin statues in his backyard. This is the least surprising thing I've read all day. This dude is a cable television legend, me and my friends still laugh about the episode.

That's why I don't understand a lot of folks in here talking about buying a bunch of **** if they got that big of a lump sum.

Most of us on this site live pretty comfortably, why not just invest the money so you can reach levels that can change your families future for generations.

That's why I don't understand a lot of folks in here talking about buying a bunch of **** if they got that big of a lump sum.

Most of us on this site live pretty comfortably, why not just invest the money so you can reach levels that can change your families future for generations.

BC the average person is ATROCIOUS with managing money and making financial decisions :lol: :smh:

What would be the point in going to school? Im sure I wouldnt be able to find the motivation to study knowing I have millions in my bank account.

I guess I wouldn't really know what I was doing, but a financial adviser would probably be able to help with that.

Completely forgot about the idea of investing the 29mil to make tons more...

What would be the point in going to school? Im sure I wouldnt be able to find the motivation to study knowing I have millions in my bank account.

I don't know, part of me still wants to do something productive until I found some way to invest the money to live comfortably forever.
I wouldn't want to just be out spending everything without any income of some sort...

GTR is getting copped.
3 bedroom crib by the beach.
Mom/Sisters are getting a quick mill.
Close fam will get a mill per household.
Couple mill in savings.
Then it's franchises and real estate from there.

That residual income and compounding interest will keep things moving for a long time.

I can't spend money. My mom tells me all the time,"You want to die with all that money in your bank account?" sadly I said "Yes". A family friend that's close got a 5 million dollar settlement from the city of NY and a truck company over an accident. He mad personal bank accounts for each of his kids (well worth over 1 million now), and invested in a plaza AND apartment complex in the Dominican Republic. He also owns a bodega. He got lucky, and now is earning easy money. He doesn't even let his wife use the credit card because she went through a phase of spending money on clothes like crazy. He told her to stop, and now he even asks for the receipts whenever she buys something.

Back
Top Bottom