Leasing/Financing a car in NYC at age 22 Vol. Insurance...

I'm considering getting a new whip but the main thing holding me back is insurance payments!
I currently have a 01 maxima and I'm paying $245 a month for liability only. Anyone know a way I can get a good rate on some full coverage that won't require me to drive to another state or have it in another persons name??

Originally Posted by Dipsetallday05

I'm considering getting a new whip but the main thing holding me back is insurance payments!
I currently have a 01 maxima and I'm paying $245 a month for liability only. Anyone know a way I can get a good rate on some full coverage that won't require me to drive to another state or have it in another persons name??

You're not getting a good rate in NYC at the age of 22.I suggest getting rid of the car.

Forget the price of insurance, you're going to get killed if you lease a car.  You're basically paying monthly to rent your vehicle.  Be content with a paid for car and save your money to pay cash for a "new" car down the road.

Once you hit 25 it will go down, I had my parents insure the car under their name here in NYC it's honestly the only way to have low insurance here. I considered leasing but it's a bit silly if you're worried about insurance pricing leasing wouldnt be the way to go.

Don't do it, I financed a Toyota Camry when i was 21 and I'm still feeling the affects of it. My insurance was more than my monthly car payment. In NYC the best bet is roll with a used car until your 25.

Originally Posted by crcballer55

Forget the price of insurance, you're going to get killed if you lease a car.  You're basically paying monthly to rent your vehicle.  Be content with a paid for car and save your money to pay cash for a "new" car down the road.

I came in here to say this. One thing I've been warned about doing is leasing a car. NEVER lease.

I'm 19 and I pay $60 full coverage on a 2012 Honda Civic
pimp.gif

Spoiler [+]
It's under my stepfathers insurance policy
laugh.gif

Im 21 & i just bought my 1st car. Brand new 2011 toyota corolla S. Finacing. I pay 381.00 a month on car payments. Not bad imo. Im insured with geiko along with my mother & it was an extra 100$ a month. Honestly if your 25 or under. If you have no choice but to insure yourself.....bettef choice is PT man. Mta can b your best friend lol.P.S. When you finance/lease you have no choice but to get FULL coverage.

Same age, same city and I pay bout $340 a month full coverage for my 2010 TL with Geico. First time being insured under my own name.

Originally Posted by kickstart

Originally Posted by crcballer55

I came in here to say this. One thing I've been warned about doing is leasing a car. NEVER lease.
Lease only if you are the type to want to change up your car everytime the model changes.
And of course, money isnt a problem for you.

Otherwise, OP stick with the Maxima, and try to get it insured under your parents.

I was in NYC a couple weeks ago and the mom of one of the people I went with said it's cheaper to register and insure your car in New Jersey but she lives in Yonkers so I'm not sure how that works

Back
Top Bottom