LEBRON 9 OFFICAL REVIEW! *EDIT*

I'll keep this short...but will answer any questions anyone asks. They feel EXACTLY like the LeBron 8 PS without arch irritation

Cushiong - 5/5

Traction - 4.5/5 - really wish Nike stray from "messages" on the outsole and just stick with tried and true herringbone. (For some reason the KD 2 was able to escape this though)

Comfort - 4.5 / 5

Weight - 4/5

Ankle Support - 5 / 5

Overall - A

The shoes do feel excellent overall. They have the ortholite insole from the LB8 which is plush. Heel air is forgiving. Forefoot zoom is.... forefoot zoom (yay!). Traction is good....improves with time but still is not grippy and as stickey as a shoe of this price threshold should be.  Hell to toe transition is excellent. The shoe does feel slightly high off the ground.

I must mention the internal fit harness. I absolutey LOVE the fit and lockdown it provides. Almost to the point of arrogance - the laces holes that rise way above the ankle become unnecessary. In fact, I would love a lowtop version of the shoe with the internal fit harness being the top most lace holes. Potential G.O.A.T.s......

Weight wise - while not being heavy by any means - I expected it to be lighter. The LB 8 PS which is pretty much the exact same shoe... fits better and is lighter by an ounce - while being $30 cheaper. 

An excellent overall shoe. Holla at me.

*EDIT*

The ankle area - there is a TREMENDOUS amount of padding internally. Too much actually. When fully laced  - the ankle is fully protected. But with the use of the internal fit harness - there should be a reduced amount of padding, which would also reduce weight.

*EDIT*.2

After several wears with them... I have bumped up the ratings.

The overall fit on the shoe is tremendous. The toe box is the perfect mix of roominess and support. The toes are easily able to flex and perform as they are intended to. Arch support is perfect. The heel max unit to me is a little on the soft side, but not worth complaining about. Traction has improved greatly over time and is perfect on the clean court....while still being very good on dusty ones. 

LB9 are one of my favorite kicks to EVER ball in. Well done JP!

Lighter than the v1...... Those are all leather so naturally. V1 are comfy but for bball - gimmie zoom anyday

Originally Posted by NY GIANTS 11

Weight wise - while not being heavy by any means - I expected it to be lighter. The LB 8 PS which is pretty much the exact same shoe... fits better and is lighter by an ounce - while being $30 cheaper. 

Hmm......well i think this basically said what i wanted to know

Originally Posted by Jking0821

I disagree with the statement that the 9 is the 8 PS.
Here are some major differences:
1) Carbon Fiber Arch. The PS would only be for the people who had high archs. I, was low archs, suffered after a few minute balling them. The 9s have not affected anyone's arch from low to high.
2) The padding around the ankle is and heel is significantly more padded in the 9. The 8 PS had no padding in the heel and minimum padding on the ankle.
3) The lockdown is much better on the 9s. I believe there is a small strap that wraps around the whole foot and the lace holes 5-6 which dictate how locked down you were.

There is no doubt that the 9 is not worth $170 especially for something that is not quality leather but in no means is it the 8 PS.

Not worth $170 with the zoom and 180 max set up. Cushioning should get the 4.5 and ankle support the 5. Lockdown is incredible. They're more low to the ground for me.

Originally Posted by mastergrim8

1) Carbon Fiber Arch. The PS would only be for the people who had high archs. I, was low archs, suffered after a few minute balling them. The 9s have not affected anyone's arch from low to high.
2) The padding around the ankle is and heel is significantly more padded in the 9. The 8 PS had no padding in the heel and minimum padding on the ankle.
3) The lockdown is much better on the 9s. I believe there is a small strap that wraps around the whole foot and the lace holes 5-6 which dictate how locked down you were.

There is no doubt that the 9 is not worth $170 especially for something that is not quality leather but in no means is it the 8 PS.
+1 to all of that. 9 > 8 PS easily to me.
And real talk though, but nothing on the market is worth $170. Unless you want one of the really limited colorways, just scoop a pair at the outlets to ball in or rock months from now. Happens every year with every shoe.

Originally Posted by mastergrim8

1-I didnt have the arch problem people complained about with the PS
2-I noted the padding in the 9. It has too MUCH padding. Prefered the minimal padding of the 8PS. Keep in mind its all personal preference.
3-Lock down to me is also the same. The figure 8 lace loop on the 8PS- when laced tight - feels the same to me as the "internal harness"

Thanks for the review. I can't wait to get my pair and try them out. I liked the 8 PS and really wanted to love them but I get the arch irritation which limited how much I can wear them on the court. If the 9 has solved this problem while giving the shoes a slightly lower feel, then I think I've found my next go to hoop shoe.

Back
Top Bottom