Lebron James, number 6 - starting next year

i like the gesture.i personally don't care if he changes his number.i like lebron the player and not the number on his back.

Originally Posted by maxtempo96

i like the gesture.i personally don't care if he changes his number.i like lebron the player and not the number on his back.

Now you will be able to tell OG lebrons from the retros
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by RockDeep

#5 was his Jersey # in Football and they didn't want him to have to be ANOTHER 23 like Jordan, and wanted his branding to be original.
You sure it wasn't #9?

I only went looking since I didn't know Lebron played football in high school. Quite a risk for a kid in that position to take.

Well LeBron is a beast and the number 6 is the number of the Beast. Check Revelations...

^AI did the same to honor Dr. J, not to change his number permanently. He did a one night All Star switch. Lebron is doing the Kobe, switching his number forgood.

So here's a question for everyone: MJ is the best of all time, of course. And it's good that LBJ is showing him love this way. But... isn't Russella pretty important guy? If MJ's number is off-limits, shouldn't Bill Russell's number be of the same caliber? Russell played in the dark days ofthe USA, dealing with segregation and a hostile anti-black population that basically we can't even imagine. He's among the most intelligent, thoughtfuland influential athletes of all time. Without him, basketball wouldn't be where it is now. Add to that - he's probably the second best player of alltime behind only MJ, the guy with too many rings for fingers, the guy they named the finals MVP award after. He's a basketball god.

I like the LBJ is switching numbers to wear his own, but I don't think he should just go from MJ's to Russell's.

2 x 3 = 6

And by the way....MJ helped LBJ alot more than Bill Russell did (endorsements, huge contract$, etc.)

You are correct... I even have the damn pic of him in one of my PLM PResentations.. it was def. 9....

Flip it and what do you have....

Now that yall broght Russell's # into the picture, it seems like a lose-lose.

He would do it to pay homage to MJ, but "others" will see it as disrespect to Bill.

Originally Posted by jthagreat

Now that yall broght Russell's # into the picture, it seems like a lose-lose.

He would do it to pay homage to MJ, but "others" will see it as disrespect to Bill.

If he is going to pull the "respect" card, woulnd't you think that he, as a student of the game, would respect all the other greats that camebefore him, not just MJ?

ThIs might be a good look for bron. It's always good to start with a clean slate.

i immediately thought it was because 6 was his olympic number

reading all the theories in here is
pimp.gif

looks like they are going to do away with this logo? (the bottom one of course)

nike-zoom-lebron-soldier-iii-black-white-varsity-red-2.jpg

I hope so, i always thought this logo was maaaaaad uggly

Back
Top Bottom