Lebron James, number 6 - starting next year

Originally Posted by AirUpHere23

Originally Posted by emmanuelabor

Adidas is LOVIN this

fans gotta get new Bron jerseys next year (I dont believe he's leaving hte Cavs)

This is about the only thing Adidas is making money off of Lebron.
roll.gif
Uhh... Nike ain't making too much off Bron, either. Matter of fact, the disappointing sales of the Bron line, coupled with the HUGE contractNike paid upfront, sort of started the "Death of the Signature Shoe" that's been happening for a few years now. It's why Nike is dropping alltheir shoes in TB colors and why Adidas is increasing their basketball market share.

Bron doesn't move units. So take your little rolling laughing face and educate yourself

Even Jordan doesn'tthink this is a good idea:

"Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, Bill Russell, all those guys should have their jerseys retired, too," Jordan said. "I understand his gesture, but I am in the same group as those guys so I wouldn't want to see my jersey retired unless you retire those guys. It is a compliment. I totally understand that. I appreciate LeBron for doing that and it is very thoughtful."
And ESPN writer Bryant (no relation to Kobe) absolutely rips Bron a new one:

At worst, however, it is a heinous example of how the king of the sunglasses-indoors, friend-of-Usher crowd has no historical perspective. LeBron's thinking is as morally empty and narcissistic as those Nike ads that pay him so much money. James is apparently so utterly clueless about the reasoning for baseball's mass-retiring of Robinson's number and the history of his own league that he doesn't seem the least bit embarrassed to imply that Jordan and Robinson exist in the same historical context.

Originally Posted by ZombieJesus12

Originally Posted by AirUpHere23

Adidas is LOVIN this

fans gotta get new Bron jerseys next year (I dont believe he's leaving hte Cavs)

This is about the only thing Adidas is making money off of Lebron.
roll.gif
Uhh... Nike ain't making too much off Bron, either. Matter of fact, the disappointing sales of the Bron line, coupled with the HUGE contract Nike paid upfront, sort of started the "Death of the Signature Shoe" that's been happening for a few years now. It's why Nike is dropping all their shoes in TB colors and why Adidas is increasing their basketball market share.

Bron doesn't move units. So take your little rolling laughing face and educate yourself
Remember... Bron being with Nike not only effects his signature line, but other Nike merch too.

And also... can you give me any sales numbers, cause I haven't seen any since the Zoom LeBron IV. Other than that it's just speculation.

I think it's more than obvious... The IVs sat till they hit 49$ at many locations, that was a 100$ decrease. When you have the Lbj5s in ever Ross and everyshoe store holding them... eehh... The VIs were slow. Every release was limited and I guess it added up. I like the VIIs but with that price tag... I don'tthink so. Were gon' see less releases than the VIs. His clothing... I think we all know where that ends up.

I dont even understand why Nike makes sig line clothing. I mean I got a few nice Jordan jackets and shorts, but I only got them cause they were dumb cheap atthe outlet. Who really buys and wears that stuff at retail? esp with the shoes?

I dont even understand why Nike makes sig line clothing. I mean I got a few nice Jordan jackets and shorts, but I only got them cause they were dumb cheap at the outlet. Who really buys and wears that stuff at retail? esp with the shoes?

these herbs buy anything nowadays ....

Originally Posted by RockDeep

Bron def. gets a cut of every jersey sold with his name on his back just like EVERY player gets a cut from Royalties when their likeness is on any video game. There are a crap load of players who are no longer in the league who forget to send a forwarding address for their royalty checks.

Wish I could claim them.

Some 2nd and 3rd tier players have 200K+ just sitting and waiting on them.

Cept Antwan Jameson.

you mean Antoinne Walker?

touche' your're right EL

Originally Posted by never wear them

I think it's more than obvious... The IVs sat till they hit 49$ at many locations, that was a 100$ decrease. When you have the Lbj5s in ever Ross and every shoe store holding them... eehh... The VIs were slow. Every release was limited and I guess it added up. I like the VIIs but with that price tag... I don't think so. Were gon' see less releases than the VIs. His clothing... I think we all know where that ends up.

I don't know if any sports wear company has had sustained success marketing a big man hoops shoe. (?)

The IV... i could see why the price tag was, what it was. But the VII...... Flywire can't cost anything more than a standard upper.

As for the air bag, When the 360 BB dropped, they completely removed the Phylon, but now they're trying to push an air bag with Phylon (sorry,"Cushlon")
which we're supposed to believe is some sort of advance?

Incidentally, the air bag for the 360 had to be produced in the US, then shipped to Asia.

Think the air bag for the Lebron VII has to be produced outside of Asia?
I don't know the answer.... but i severely doubt it..

All i can see in the VII is another example of Nike chancing their arm. They have a fair idea that it won't move THAT well at $160, but
an increased suggested retail price means an increased actual wholesale price. The Lebron VII is by no means a 'bad' shoe, i just don't see
where all these advances they're hyping are.

Good call .... The number 23 should never be worn in the league again ..... NY (Pat Riley) was smart.

The Last Pair of Lebron's I bought were the Birthday IV joints, and ever since then I have been seeing less and less of his signature kicks. The ONLY timeI see them is when i'm up at fairfax or watching some hoops squad with them as team kicks. Other then that, you really don't see his kicks, or anythingelse nike related from lebron that much any more. On the other hand, it looks as though nike's primary cash cow with kicks is ex adidas stud kobe bryant.

It will be interesting to see the Lebron VII sales this year, especially with the outrageous price tag.

Originally Posted by swingshot

I think it's more than obvious... The IVs sat till they hit 49$ at many locations, that was a 100$ decrease. When you have the Lbj5s in ever Ross and every shoe store holding them... eehh... The VIs were slow. Every release was limited and I guess it added up. I like the VIIs but with that price tag... I don't think so. Were gon' see less releases than the VIs. His clothing... I think we all know where that ends up.

I don't know if any sports wear company has had sustained success marketing a big man hoops shoe. (?)

The IV... i could see why the price tag was, what it was. But the VII...... Flywire can't cost anything more than a standard upper.

As for the air bag, When the 360 BB dropped, they completely removed the Phylon, but now they're trying to push an air bag with Phylon (sorry, "Cushlon")

Incidentally, the air bag for the 360 had to be produced in the US, then shipped to Asia.

All i can see in the VII is another example of Nike chancing their arm. They have a fair idea that it won't move THAT well at $160, but
an increased suggested retail price means an increased actual wholesale price. The Lebron VII is by no means a 'bad' shoe, i just don't see

Yeah the VII is riduclously overpriced. If you put the price at 120-130 they would fly out the shleves. I dont think they use anymore technology than the KobeVs. They look nicer than the Kobe Vs but they feel like a shoe from the mid 90s.

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

As for the air bag, When the 360 BB dropped, they completely removed the Phylon, but now they're trying to push an air bag with Phylon (sorry, "Cushlon")

Yeah the VII is riduclously overpriced. If you put the price at 120-130 they would fly out the shleves. I dont think they use anymore technology than the Kobe Vs. They look nicer than the Kobe Vs but they feel like a shoe from the mid 90s.

cosign

Originally Posted by 45Nique15

Yeah the VII is riduclously overpriced. If you put the price at 120-130 they would fly out the shleves. I dont think they use anymore technology than the Kobe Vs. They look nicer than the Kobe Vs but they feel like a shoe from the mid 90s.

cosign

that is why I bought my pair from shoetrends.com for $120.00
pimp.gif

I approve that statement. They feel like the pippen's 1.

Wonder how Nike will make a new logo with the number 6
ohwell.gif

Im dissapointed hes dropping 23 cause I always liked the LBJ23 logo

good move on his part. I always felt like he needed his own 'identity' anyway. Plus, that logo was WACK.

Back
Top Bottom