LeBron Nike Contract?

Originally Posted by disasterpiece

I thought his contract ended in 2010...

Thats the contract with Cavaliers not Nike. Nike signed LeBron 90 mils for 9 years.

I think there is something there. If anyone notice Wade is wearing his Wade 1s and he has the Wade 4s out right now. I think he is through with Converse. GoWade please leave!!!

In 15 yrs Lebron will sign with Peak.
laugh.gif

Yes Nike does own Converse. Lebron has been selling shoes, the only shoes that he doesn't sell are the reject colorways.

Originally Posted by lilhen18

Originally Posted by clkru

yeah... i'm wondering if Nike will be inclined to keep LeBron. He seems to have a Shaq-like appeal to pitching stuff. He is enjoyable to watch and charasmatic, but his shoe products just don't seem to move all too quickly. Plus, coupled with our tanking economy and the fact that any basketball shoe that isn't a Jordan no longer being appropriate for everyday fashion, I wonder if Nike will be hot on the idea of giving LeBron a huge new deal.

Personally, I only know of 2 people out of all my friends in Seattle who have actually bought a LeBron Nike product in the last year - one purchased and enjoys the Soldier 2's for ball, and the other purchased (and returned shortly after due to overly bulkiness) the LeBron 6's. Personally, I'm looking forward to the Soldier 3, but only because they resemble the Air Max Enforcer (a personal fav), and will only ever use them for ball assuming they aren't too bulky.

Basketball shoes just aren't what they used to be off the court, and a lot of people serious about ball seem to go with Huaraches, Kobes, BBs, or overly Hypeduperdunk-type of shoes to play in.

As much as I love LeBron and believe that he is the greatest basketball player in the world (far more superior than Kobe), I guess I'm just wondering if LeBron is even worth a big second Nike contract based off of his sales performance... anyone "in the know" care to touch on LeBron's athletic shoe marketing value?
Good post, I agree with just about everything but the "far more superior than Kobe" part.

Nike does have a big financial decision to make soon. It will be interesting to see the outcome.
co-sign. then got to the "far more superior than Kobe" then.....
sick.gif

Originally Posted by TheGGGame

Thats the contract with Cavaliers not Nike. Nike signed LeBron 90 mils for 9 years.

Oh, I understand that, but I thought he signed a 7 year deal for 90 mil in 2003... making him a "shoe free-agent" in 2010...

I agree! Lebrons my favorite player and in my highly biased opinion think he is the best in the world and I think he should have a shoe that reflects that.Outside of the IV's I havent really liked any of his shoes. The VI's are pretty ill but nothing from his line has been absolutely amazing. I dont knowabout Lebron but I know Jordan had a major influence on how his show looked and they need the same for Lebron. Maybe they need to shock the world and haveTinker or someone else breathe life into the line like the Jordan III did for JB. The problem for me is that the shoes dont translate well of the court theymay be cool to ball in but I want the shoes on the bottom of my pants to look well casually. Its crazy when the Air Yeezys are more hyped and look WAY betterthan anyone of Lebrons sneakers. Maybe its Kanyes fashion sense but they need that same flair with the Lebrons.

Originally Posted by TheGGGame

Oh, I understand that, but I thought he signed a 7 year deal for 90 mil in 2003... making him a "shoe free-agent" in 2010...

?

oh my bad i thought it was 9 years.

Originally Posted by Icecixz

the only reason i believe that Lebron isnt worth as much as a Jordan Brand or Kobe Line is simple...Credibility....MJ has 6 rings...Kobe has 3 rings* with shaq....Lebron= None....If Nike pushed hard and signed Wade...Wade= One ring* with shaq....people will be more inclined to wear products known to associate to a champion....Becuase your not truley the best if you dont have a Ring to show for it!
LOL. You failed hard.

LeBron is the face of NBA and Nike.

Originally Posted by clkru

"exactly... while LeBron is signed with Nike he helps selling not only his signature sneakers but other Nike merch too."

What Nike merch? LeBron's apparel is average at best and his annual sig shoes are not universally applicable (as in they are GENERALLY only found to be ballerific by larger players) - especially compared to Kobe's clothes and shoes (and I don't even like Kobe or buy his stuff).

I'm starting to think that LeBron may have a mild case of the bigmenjustdon'tsellshoesitis. Its either that, or Nike has just totally dropped the ball on marketing him. He's far too good, charasmatic, and popular to have such average product.

I love LeBron, but Nike needs to step it up and stop making him seem like such a pedestrian pitchman.
Good post.

Ultimately, the LeBron line has been totally mishandled to me.
I mean, how are you going to charge upwards of 150 for a gr shoe, when all the best colorways are only made available to people with connections or deepwallets?

I am the only person that I know who rocks Brons and Kobes casually.
Either you wear retro Jordans, team jordans, or Vans.
That's it.

What's missing here?
LeBron is arguably the best bball player in the world(I still think Kobe's the best, but that's an entirely different topic
laugh.gif
), his team is good, he's charasmatic, good with the media, everything isthere.
Why aren't his shoes in high demand?

In the end, Nike has no one to blame but themselves.

the only reason i believe that Lebron isnt worth as much as a Jordan Brand or Kobe Line is simple...Credibility....MJ has 6 rings...Kobe has 3 rings* with shaq....Lebron= None....If Nike pushed hard and signed Wade...Wade= One ring* with shaq....people will be more inclined to wear products known to associate to a champion....Becuase your not truley the best if you dont have a Ring to show for it!

roll.gif
Easily one of the dumbest things I have ever read on NT

MJ* with pippen.

Back
Top Bottom