Votes: 19 1.4%
  • Elite (Grey.Black/Red)

Votes: 20 1.5%
  • BHM

Votes: 77 5.9%
  • Gumbo/All Stars

Votes: 354 27.0%

• Total voters
Funny how after all this shoe swapping talk no one mentioned how odd it was for him to wear the black n gold x just a day or so after that black n gold xi pic surfaced!

Just hooped in my Aways this morning for a couple pick-up games. AMAZING. I will say this though, I'm 5'7" 170lbs, and they felt great jogging up and down the court, but I did get that sinking feeling just a little bit when going all out. So I can only imagine what Lebron goes through when he's applying exponentially more force than I am to the lunarlon. All I know is this, when I'm hooping I want to feel the immediate spring-back from the cushioning. The sinking in, tempurpedic feel, may be much more comfortable casually and running a couple games just to get some cardio in, but if I were in an actual competitive game, I'd want my cushioning to push back at me.

But for a guard like me at my height and weight with "barely slapping backboard on a good day" ability, these are my favorite hoop shoes with the Kobe 5 right behind it. Posite broke in, traction was amazing on a clean court, comfort was definitely there, and most importantly, I was locked down and felt incredibly stable in them. And the best part to me? After crashing to the floor because I think I'm A.I., deflecting a couple passes like Pele, and getting stomped on like some grapes, they still look DS.

thanks for that.

i think i'm starting to understand why they did lunar+zoom...

since most ppl just rock their shoes casually, the lunar sits on top of the zoom and that's what makes it comfortable for casual wear. it won't bottom out fast unless you play ball.

for the people that play ball, you need the lunar to bottom out, and then the shoe will be great (full length zoom right?)

just my thoughts...

Last edited:
thanks for that.

since most ppl just rock their shoes casually, the lunar sits on top of the zoom and that's what makes it comfortable for casual wear. it won't bottom out fast unless you play ball.

for the people that play ball, you need the lunar to bottom out, and then the shoe will be great (full length zoom right?)

just my thoughts...
It takes at least a few months for the lunarlon to bottom out.  It lasts longer than most people think.

thanks for that.

just my thoughts...
It'd be really tough to try and explain what's going on without getting into a full on physics crash course (mind you I'm no physicist). But basically, full length zoom encapsulated within lunarlon will not react the same way as 360 max zoom. With the 360 max zoom the downward force applied to the bag will directly push back up with roughly the same amount of force. With the lunarlon encapsulated zoom, I believe some of that force applied to the zoom gets dispersed into the lunarlon, instead of back up your leg.

Again, I'm not a physics major or anything, so feel free to chime in and set it straight or just outright ignore the "this guy is trying to be tinker/petrie" post.

Last edited:

It'd be really tough to try and explain what's going on without getting into a full on physics crash course (mind you I'm no physicist). But basically, full length zoom encapsulated within lunarlon will not react the same way as 360 max zoom. With the 360 max zoom the downward force applied to the bag will directly push back up with roughly the same amount of force. With the lunarlon encapsulated zoom, I believe some of that force applied to the zoom gets dispersed into the lunarlon, instead of back up your leg.

Again, I'm not a physics major or anything, so feel free to chime in and set it straight or just outright ignore the "this guy is trying to be tinker/petrie" post.
Translation: 360 Max Zoom and Full length Zoom + Lunarlon are different.  But if you suck at basketball, no matter what cushioning you use, you will still suck.  And vice versa.

^
laugh.gif
 Really...

Don't know if you guys heard but DB X drop on 11/23 now so the TW should be a little bit easier becuase all tje hype will be on the DB

I was gonna cop the Laney 5's today but I chose to order the away Lebron's instead. Quick question though I have the Kings Pride 11's but they feel kind of tight at the toebox so I ordered a half size up on the away colorway. Will it make a difference on the toebox for me?

I was gonna cop the Laney 5's today but I chose to order the away Lebron's instead. Quick question though I have the Kings Pride 11's but they feel kind of tight at the toebox so I ordered a half size up on the away colorway. Will it make a difference on the toebox for me?
Yes, I tried .5 size up and the toe width felt much better, but I had too much heal slip. Would prob work though with elite socks all the time...

Yes, I tried .5 size up and the toe width felt much better, but I had too much heal slip. Would prob work though with elite socks all the time...
Alright thanks dude. I have a good amount of elite socks so I guess that is a plus with these then.

Just hooped in my Aways this morning for a couple pick-up games. AMAZING. I will say this though, I'm 5'7" 170lbs, and they felt great jogging up and down the court, but I did get that sinking feeling just a little bit when going all out. So I can only imagine what Lebron goes through when he's applying exponentially more force than I am to the lunarlon. All I know is this, when I'm hooping I want to feel the immediate spring-back from the cushioning. The sinking in, tempurpedic feel, may be much more comfortable casually and running a couple games just to get some cardio in, but if I were in an actual competitive game, I'd want my cushioning to push back at me.

But for a guard like me at my height and weight with  "barely slapping backboard on a good day" ability, these are my favorite hoop shoes with the Kobe 5 right behind it. Posite broke in, traction was amazing on a clean court, comfort was definitely there, and most importantly, I was locked down and felt incredibly stable in them. And the best part to me? After crashing to the floor because I think I'm A.I., deflecting a couple passes like Pele, and getting stomped on like some grapes, they still look DS.
im not laughing at your relationship with gravity, im laughing at the way you described your abilities...flawless.

on topic: just got back from doing drills then playing 4 pickup games. i was doing the drills in the 11s... but i honestly just dont like the feel, i switched back to my 10s and got it in for the rest of the day. Might be the first time i cop basketball shoes for casual wear smh

Last edited:
Damn, guess I will have to try them out myself. I personally HATED the X's for ball. Absolutely no flex throughout the shoe due to the max zoom set up.

I simply can not see these being any worse.

Back
Top Bottom