Votes: 19 1.4%
  • Elite (Grey.Black/Red)

Votes: 20 1.5%
  • BHM

Votes: 77 5.9%
  • Gumbo/All Stars

Votes: 354 27.0%

• Total voters
sorry for being late, but since he's not wearing them people are mad and want a price cut  ?

Last edited:
sorry for being late, but since he's not wearing them people are mad and want a price cut  ?

lol.mad?nope.just making fun of nike trying to sell a signature shoe for 200 dollars, that even the 'signee' won't wear bro.

Last edited:
JM, does LeBron participate in designing his shoes or does he let the designer do their thing? I always see videos of Kobe talking about his shoe during the design process, he seems to want his shoe to be the best. WIth the XI, did LeBron give Jason P the greenlight without his inputs?

Like LeBron, I will be boycotting the XI's until changes are made.  Ridiculous how Nike has allowed this to happen.  :smh:

i agree with this but the changes that he gets in his we won't get in the version we can buy in the store. It probably wont be until the elite 11 or the twelve comes out when Nike does one of those 2 minute clips about the new shoe, that we find out what they issue was/is. if they even disclose it at that time.

In other news Lebron has already broke his promise to wear the I PROMISE all season.

I must be the only one who doesn't care what Lebron wears. I just want the shoes because I think they look nice.
I can understand that, everyone has their own perspective on shoes. But for me, growing up I've always associated the shoe with the player and the memories and things he did in that specific shoe. Like many of jordan shoes release to the public were the exact ones he wore. The exact ones he did infamous dunks and putting up big numbers in them. You can always reflect back on that and say " that shoe was when he did....blah blah". So by lebron not wearing his own shoe is pretty disappointing as a fan.  I know many people will say who cares if he wears it or not, but I think it is a big deal. 

agJIP.gif

I must be the only one who doesn't care what Lebron wears. I just want the shoes because I think they look nice.
I see your point, but there is no point in advertising the shoe as LeBron's signature shoe if he won't wear them.  I know some people, like one of my friends, buys shoes just because a certain player has worn them.

You might as well just give it a name like Nike HyperZoomLunarPosite or something and advertise it as a high end basketball shoe (like the Nike Hyperposite last year).

i def don't care if he wears them in terms of me buying

but i do care in terms of the price i pay for them

how are you selling something full price when the player they're made for isn't playing in them and he's still in the league?

at least when jb comes out with new sig jordans team members wear them even tho jordan himself isn't able to wear them in the nba

Can't wait for explanation for this one.. and I don't really care I love the x and I think xi are better even if he doesn't wear them for the first 4 games .. I'm sure they'll fix the issue

Last edited:
Press release from Nike:

Due to these actions of LeBron not wearing his 11th signature model, we will take the following precautions:

1. Anyone who has bought this sneaker will get a full refund, and a $50 voucher

2. All ensuing LeBron XI's have stopped production and will not be released

3. We will unveil the LeBron XII next week, retail is $275, you may use your voucher.

Some people are ridiculous...

I don't care either, when nike talks about all the new technology, it goes through one ear and out the other, but thats cause I dont ball in my DS to Vnds sneakers, I really literally only have one pair that I ball in.

But at the rate petrie is going I think he's made so much progress that the only advances he could make are pretty minuscule like steve jobs and the Iphone. Maybe the newer version isn't bad but Lebron would rather stick to his Iphone 4

Last edited:

I don't care either, when nike talks about all the new technology, it goes through one ear and out the other, but thats cause I dont ball in my DS to Vnds sneakers, I really literally only have one pair that I ball in.

But at the rate petrie is going he's made so much progress that the only advances he could make are pretty minuscule like steve jobs and the Iphone. Maybe the newer version isn't bad but Lebron would rather stick to his Iphone 4
You are "really literally" correct, shoe technology and electronic technology are identical.  Great comparison...

I guess LeBron should have had more personal input over the performance aspect of the sneaker. Like someone said earlier, Kobe would sit down and make sure his shoe performed like he needed it to. I guess LeBron left that up to the design team. That's his problem, I still like the XI and I still will be copping the TW and the Akron vs Miami. Everyone who plans on boycotting the sneaker do your think. Just makes it easier for me to cop
pimp.gif

I think Lebron lets Jason Petrie do all the work during the design process because he is 100% clueless when it comes to shoe technology. His job is to play ball, not know about Hyperfuse, Flywire, Lunarlon, Zoom, etc.

I think Lebron lets Jason Petrie do all the work during the design process because he is 100% clueless when it comes to shoe technology. His job is to play ball, not know about Hyperfuse, Flywire, Lunarlon, Zoom, etc.

yeah , because clearly kobe who has input has a phd in zoom technology.You must be right.

yeah , because clearly kobe who has input has a phd in zoom technology.You must be right.
When did I say that? Kobe clearly knows more than Lebron does if he's willing to take the time with Eric Avar to thoroughly design the shoe.

Back
Top Bottom