Votes: 19 1.4%
  • Elite (Grey.Black/Red)

Votes: 20 1.5%
  • BHM

Votes: 77 5.9%
  • Gumbo/All Stars

Votes: 354 27.0%

• Total voters
Lebron went back to the IVs eventually after playing in the 20-5-5s for a few games. If you look carefully at the timeline on NikeLebron.net (http://nikelebron.net/photos/nba_06_07_timeline/), he plays in the 20-5-5s for four games around the time of his toe injury in late Jan/early Feb, then it's the IVs for the rest of the regular season before switching to the Soldiers for the playoffs.

It really does make me wonder if he's having toebox issues why it didn't come up til the season started. Even with his schedule, you'd figure Lebron and Nike would've had time to sort the whole thing out over the summer. With the amount of time he's spending on the court in practice, in scrimmages, etc, there should be more than enough opportunities for him to try on wear test samples. I'm sure they'll sort things out eventually and have him wearing them one way or another, which should calm people down, but it's not a great look to start off the season.

Lebron went back to the IVs eventually after playing in the 20-5-5s for a few games. If you look carefully at the timeline on NikeLebron.net (http://nikelebron.net/photos/nba_06_07_timeline/), he plays in the 20-5-5s for four games around the time of his toe injury in late Jan/early Feb, then it's the IVs for the rest of the regular season before switching to the Soldiers for the playoffs.

It really does make me wonder if he's having toebox issues why it didn't come up til the season started. Even with his schedule, you'd figure Lebron and Nike would've had time to sort the whole thing out over the summer. With the amount of time he's spending on the court in practice, in scrimmages, etc, there should be more than enough opportunities for him to try on wear test samples. I'm sure they'll sort things out eventually and have him wearing them one way or another, which should calm people down, but it's not a great look to start off the season.

nice history lesson. hopefully people actually read what you typed.

also, seems like a different issue with the IVs vs the XIs. bron had an injury and felt the 20-5-5 felt better for him. bron doesn't have a toe injury this time.

kaczalas - you got rep too even tho you were a hair late :lol:

also, seems like a different issue with the IVs vs the XIs. bron had an injury and felt the 20-5-5 felt better for him. bron doesn't have a toe injury this time.

Thanks!

Yeah it's not an injury, but notice how most of his shoes are extra protective around the big toe area.

It was certainly the case for the LEBRON V, which was the following shoe after the injury.

View media item 640811
and again with the IX's
View media item 640820
plus all the shoes in between VI-VIII had roomy protective toeboxes in general.

Last edited:
I just feel like the statement is misleading when only a couple sizes are missing. doesn't make me feel like they are about to sell out at all.
View media item 640751
It was a opinion I have no reason to mislead any1. That's y I said. To me I feel like its close to sellout. U can't see how they have of the sizes left. They could have 2-39 of each sz left.

I just feel like the statement is misleading when only a couple sizes are missing. doesn't make me feel like they are about to sell out at all.
It was a opinion I have no reason to mislead any1. That's y I said. To me I feel like its close to sellout. U can't see how they have of the sizes left. They could have 2-39 of each sz left.

okie dokie

kaczalas - I think the toe box think isn't a support. just a design element. I mean, looks like the XI has a similar sort of toe cover from an overhead view.

kaczalas - I think the toe box think isn't a support. just a design element. I mean, looks like the XI has a similar sort of toe cover from an overhead view.

I don't think it's a coincidence. I'm talking from a personal experience here. Let somebody step on your 5's or 9's. You won't feel a thing.
Same goes for XI's assuming you got the right fit.

I don't think it's a toe box issue, as I assume he can just size up.

This is not always THAT simple... to size up. What if it's not the length that causes problems, but the height of the toebox? I have a similar problem to Bron's... my big toes are "not flat" but "directed upwards" and I don't wear shoes build like a "slope". I don't know how to say this better. Hopefully you got my point.

Last edited:
lol at people returning their shoes cause LeBron isn't wearing it
LMMFAO!!! I hope that's a good sign then for the FI to be a easy cop, but if ppl are sayin the toe box is really that bad, then it's a chance that the XI's won't move like they planned

This is not always THAT simple... to size up. What if it's not the length that causes problems, but the height of the toebox? I have a similar problem to Bron's... my big toes are "not flat" but "directed upwards" and I don't wear shoes build like a "slope". I don't know how to say this better. Hopefully you got my point.
I get what your saying.

Personally the shoe's breaking in for me.

But maybe for Bron, who has the whole world watching his performance, he can't afford to take the time to break them in. Maybe he's taking his personal pairs && practicing in them, or Nike's really re-tooling them, && the Xs are just there so that he has something to play in in the meanwhile.

People , let's relax. Don't think for a moment Lebron HIMSELF doesn't want to wear the shoe. HE DOES!! I honestly think it's actually a rhythm thing being that the heat are coming out to slow starts while he wears the XI'S. It's different from playing a regular game as opposed to a playoff-level type ball which the sixers and nets have approached them with. He just went to what was most familiar to him rhythm wise. Once nike customizes the sole to emulate the zoom in the x's for him, he'll go back to wearing unattainable pe's in the XI that will piss us off in no time. Lol.

nobody but the people in this thread would ever notice the shoes he wears in game to this extent... wtf does it even matter? are you all lebron? It's a shoe, a piece of clothing/equipment... not that big of a deal within the big picture of the whole sport.

nobody but the people in this thread would ever notice the shoes he wears in game to this extent... wtf does it even matter? are you all lebron? It's a shoe, a piece of clothing/equipment... not that big of a deal within the big picture of the whole sport.

this is a LeBron shoe thread. of course people will analyze the shoes LeBron are wearing.

Anyone know what Ginobili is wearing this season? I couldn't tell when they were on tv the other night

I must be the only one who doesn't care what Lebron wears. I just want the shoes because I think they look nice.

Didn't even notice Bron Bron wasn't wearing the 11s. Then again, I'm no Heat fan so why would I notice. :lol:

The 11s are beyond comfortable to me & I went TTS. Speaking of toe box issues...... Y'all act like them 10 Elites weren't snug as a mutha in the toe box area too. For whatever reason, Bron Bron prefers the 10 Elites. Good for him. Don't affect my purchases one bit.

The fact that LeBron switched out his shoe back to an X, makes me just want to return the Aways. I think he has a problem with the toebox issue as well. 

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Free bulletin for a lot of people on here...

The term is "I couldn't care less"

If you could  care less, than means you care, and the level that you currently care has the ability to decrease.

That is all, carry on with pinky toe discussions 
laugh.gif
 BUSTED!

Could this all simply be that he's still showcasing the X just to sell whatever stock is left? Might be a bad angle because he showed those for a while season already.

I don't really have plans on buying the 11 but as a long time fan of the nba and the signature shoes that come with it this is interesting

Last edited:
The XI will still sell out in most colors, this really has no bearing on the general public buying them. We are just OCD on what he wears...

Thing is the XI isnt a shoe that fits well out the box, takes 20-30 hrs of play to get em in shape and its not gonna be possible to remove the insole for orthotic insoles either unless you get a total custom unit.

For 99% of people who wear these casually its not gonna make a difference, wearing these loose isnt gonna cause the same issues, in fact even for ballers unless u need orthotic insoles for foot/ankle problems these wont be a problem.

Last edited:

my man bron practically lives with a toe injury with them pinky toes...

But even if they do make a new model, i wouldn't return these. They work for me, couldn't care less if bron bron is wearing them.

lol whoever corrected the grammar just made me correct and edit mine as well. appreciate it

Last edited:
If this shoe had a basic herringbone outsole, I would play in nothing else...

Really enjoying these

The XI has been/is a very polarizing sneaker. From the barrage of sizing questions to the man himself switching back to the X. At least this sneaker has the masses talking.

Back
Top Bottom