Left Handed Lay ups a lost art in the NBA today

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

its a lost art but name 10 people who can explode off their Right leg the same way they can off their left. I know I cant

I jump at least an inch higher off my right leg, but I'm righty. I actually prefer left handed layups for this reason.

nash is a good lefty player.. whats more amazing about him is the way he passes the ball with his left hand.. absolutely insane

i don't think it's so much that they can't use their left hands...it's probably because they are moreconfident with their right.

Kinda ot. Back in the day i had a goal in my backyard, my friend's right hand was broken in a cast. We played one on one and beat me with his left. Eversince then i have been using my left. The funny part is i can't really elevate going to my right. it's like i retrained my body.

I dont know who said it, but who ever said the MELO has a "complete" game in an idiot.

Come on dude, just because your on the left side of the bucket doesn't mean you must finish with your left hand. What about shot blockers, you have to knowwhere they might block your shot.

Of course the ability to finish with both hands gives you a distinct advantage, but you use your left and right hand is more important.

Originally Posted by Fede DPT

I dont know who said it, but who ever said the MELO has a "complete" game in an idiot.

Got da#$ I wish people would freakin read.....

lebron finishes with the left hand on the regular.He does it atleast 1 or 2 times a game.

Dunking with your left hand is nothing if your hand is big enough to palm the ball, especially if you are moving without the ball and you get a nice pass -like in the McGrady vid above.

Now if you are making a play off the dribble with your left hand and your hand isn't big enough to palm the ball, it's much harder to finish. I gotsmall hands and I have never been able to finish with my left. I can dribble well enough to drive left so when I get to the basket I usually pump fake andfinish with my right.

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by Killah monkey

Shooting left-handed fade-away 3's =
pimp.gif

who else but no.24?

Rasheed Wallace could shoot 3's with both his right and left hand. I believe he was doing it on the All-Star game as well. I don't really know any other player who could do it like him on a regular basis, not even Kobe.

Back
Top Bottom